Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP - Not Charging at Home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 Model Y Performance
6,782 miles

Vehicle is not charging with either (1) the provided Tesla Charger, or (2) a Wallbox Pulsar Plus (connected to a 40 amp 220v outlet). However, I am able to charger at Superchargers.

I plug the charger intoneither the Tesla Charger or the Wallbox and I receive the following error messages:

-Charging equipment not ready.
-External charging equipment not providing power.
-Unable to charge.

When connected to my Wallbox, I receive a notification from the Wallbox that states the vehicle is not attempting to draw power. The Wallbox has worked without issue for 2 months. I have (I) reset both chargers, (ii) performed a soft reset of the vehicle (held the scroll wheels down until the screen went black), and (iii) cycled the power of the vehicle.

Any ideas? I've seen a video about a potentially loose connection under the seat. Could this be it?

I have a service appointment scheduled for March 1, but I have to drive up to the mountains Sunday and again Monday.

20220226_125252.jpg

Unless you can charge with only superchargers, I wouldnt take that car on a trip without having tesla look at it first. As @Sophias_dad says, there is likely an issue with your onboard charger. Thats the classic symptom (can supercharge, cant charge from multiple L2 sources.
@Sophias_dad and @jjrandorin Thanks! After I posted this, the forum linked me to another thread about people with ECU issues after a recent update. I'm not sure why that post didn't show up in my initial searches, but it confirmed exactly what you both are saying. Tesla needs to replace the ECU and I should be set. Now we will see if they have the part in stock, which has apparently been an issue.

@Sophias_dad and @jjrandorin Thanks! After I posted this, the forum linked me to another thread about people with ECU issues after a recent update. I'm not sure why that post didn't show up in my initial searches, but it confirmed exactly what you both are saying. Tesla needs to replace the ECU and I should be set. Now we will see if they have the part in stock, which has apparently been an issue.
I have a similar problem with my Model Y, the only weird thing is that on some Level 2 chargers I can charge, and on some not. Also, the UMC refuses to charge. Did Tesla resolve your issue?

I just had the same thing happen to my 2021 Model 3. By the time I had my service appointment yesterday, Tesla had already diagnosed it as a bad onboard charger ECU. They had the part ready to install, and I spent about 2 hours at the service center. Last night the car charged normally in my garage, thank goodness.

I wonder if they used a bad batch of ECUs in 2021 cars.