Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP w/baller mods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning everyone. I am the proud owner of a 2021 MYP. I've had it for about 8 months now and have really enjoyed it. However, it isn't quick enough for me (haha). So, I pulled the trigger on a 2022 MX Plaid. It will take 9 months or so for me to receive it. As such, I am going to put my MYP up for sale now. It has many, many expensive modifications to it:

Wheels/tires:
  • Ray Gram Lights Azure 57ANA, Black Chrome Finish, 19x9.5 +32
  • Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 275/40-19 (3500 miles on them)

Suspension:
  • Ohlins DFV Coilovers, Performance Sport, by Redwood Motorsports (1000 miles on them)
  • Spherical Bearing Rear Control Arms Camber Adjustment by Redwood Motorsports
  • Adjustable Sway Bar Set, Front and Rear, by Unplugged Performance

Brakes:
  • MPP Page Mill Performance Rotors, Front and Rear, by Mountain Pass Performance/Girodisc (500 miles on them)
  • Stainless Steel Brake Lines by Redwood Motorsports
  • Motul 600 DOT 4 Racing Brake Fluid

Exterior:
  • Whole-body Paint Protection Film, De-badged, by Elite Finish
  • Dyno Shade Tinted Front Headlights by Elite Finish
  • Dyno Shade Tinted Rear Taillights by Elite Finish
  • Carbon Fiber Wrapped OEM Side Mirrors, Matte Finish, by Elite Finish
  • A-Pillar Accent Overlays, Real Molded Carbon Fiber, Matte Finish, by RPM Tesla
  • Carbon Fiber Turn Signal Overlay Covers, Matte Finish, by RPM Tesla
  • Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame, Matte Finish, by RPM Tesla
  • “Smash Me” Front Skid Plate by Mountain Pass Performance

Interior:
  • Front Windshield, Side Windows, Rear Window and Roof Tint by AMB Auto Glass and Window
  • Power Liftgate Front Trunk by RPM Tesla
  • Front Trunk Noise Reduction and Finishing Pad by RPM Tesla
  • Sport Grip Full Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel by RPM Tesla
  • Real Carbon Fiber Display Screen Rear Cover, Matte Finish, by RPM Tesla
  • Carbon Fiber Dashboard Replacement, Matte Finish, by RPM Tesla
  • Carbon Fiber Printed ABS Stalk Covers, Matte Finish, by RPM Tesla
  • Carbon Fiber Molded Refreshed Center Console Overlays, Matte Finish, by RPM Tesla
  • Real Carbon Fiber Window and Door Switch 10 Piece Kit, Matte Finish, by RPM Tesla
  • Trunk Sill Plate Cover by RPM Tesla

This MYP is not for the average Tesla owner. It is for someone who can appreciate and enjoy all of the tasteful modifications done to it. Aside from not having track specific brake pads, it is track ready. The car currently has 5,000 miles on it. I am attaching some pictures which do not reflect all of the work to it. It has been raining in my area and once it has cleared up and I clean it and take new pictures. I know what the FMV is without any modifications. I am in no rush to sell and will wait for the right buyer. $82,500. Please PM me if interested.

Last edited:
Pictures 🤗

Attachments

• 7ACBD5F2-FD08-4EBC-A63D-B8A55B915E8A.jpeg
    7ACBD5F2-FD08-4EBC-A63D-B8A55B915E8A.jpeg
    843.8 KB · Views: 417
  • D14B73CF-92C3-40C0-96ED-8BDA72DE1B09.jpeg
    D14B73CF-92C3-40C0-96ED-8BDA72DE1B09.jpeg
    832.5 KB · Views: 297
  • 3E67ED4F-D1D4-4E76-9A6F-EEAA768A8D61.jpeg
    3E67ED4F-D1D4-4E76-9A6F-EEAA768A8D61.jpeg
    752.1 KB · Views: 313
  • F2E9B8D0-F424-4E84-925D-DCAF25F496F0.jpeg
    F2E9B8D0-F424-4E84-925D-DCAF25F496F0.jpeg
    822.5 KB · Views: 295
  • 7E5B18E6-6465-4085-A648-C955675871E2.jpeg
    7E5B18E6-6465-4085-A648-C955675871E2.jpeg
    666.5 KB · Views: 311
Good afternoon all. Still for sale! I showed the car to a couple this past weekend who are long time, die hard Porsche fans. After a spirited test drive, this husband told me that my MYP is quicker and handles better than his GT4. This car would be for his wife, and she isn’t willing to move away from Porsche so he is buying her a Taycan. If he himself wanted another car he would have bought it himself.

Anyways, both Tesla and Carmax have several used, stock MYPs for $73k to $78k. I know my asking price is fair. 🤗

So what you're saying is someone was willing to pay more and wait for a new Taycan rather then buy your overpriced MYP with "baller mods".Please explain the overpriced part.
What exactly is your problem here? What is so overpriced about my sale? Do you doubt when I say used MYPs are selling for $73-78k? Do you doubt when I say I have spent over $30K on mods on the car? Do you doubt the quality of the mods I have done? Why are you trolling my thread? It is obvious to me that you have no idea what you are trying to talk crap about.

Reactions: kclifton
@1QYKMY — fellow MYP owner here and, while I’m not in the market for another, perhaps I could offer a piece of advice: the investment you’ve made in your ”baller mods” is considerable, likely approaching 50% of the original purchase price of the MYP, yet there are few photos of said upgrades. If you truly want to set your car apart, and help to justify top-of-market pricing, perhaps add a few (aka several) detailed, clear and compelling photos in an effort to gain the favor of a would-be buyer. Simply categorizing them as “baller” and providing a list isn‘t getting the desired reaction/outcome (case in point: the car has been listed for sale for nearly 3 months in one of the hottest used car markets on record). Perhaps a change is in order? Change the approach? Change the price? Change the target market (ie lose the “baller” moniker? Other? Options abound—the choice is yours. GLWS.

@1QYKMY — fellow MYP owner here and, while I’m not in the market for another, perhaps I could offer a piece of advice: the investment you’ve made in your ”baller mods” is considerable, likely approaching 50% of the original purchase price of the MYP, yet there are few photos of said upgrades. If you truly want to set your car apart, and help to justify top-of-market pricing, perhaps add a few (aka several) detailed, clear and compelling photos in an effort to gain the favor of a would-be buyer. Simply categorizing them as “baller” and providing a list isn‘t getting the desired reaction/outcome (case in point: the car has been listed for sale for nearly 3 months in one of the hottest used car markets on record). Perhaps a change is in order? Change the approach? Change the price? Change the target market (ie lose the “baller” moniker? Other? Options abound—the choice is yours. GLWS.
Thanks for the feedback! I haven’t been pushing to sell my Tesla because I have no rush. Don’t need the money. The right buyer will come along at some point, like almost this past weekend. All it takes is one drive (even as a passenger) and you will learn just how competitive my MYP is. So, I will patiently wait. Also, this isn’t my primary marketing tool.

Have a nice afternoon!

What exactly is your problem here? What is so overpriced about my sale? Do you doubt when I say used MYPs are selling for $73-78k? Do you doubt when I say I have spent over $30K on mods on the car? Do you doubt the quality of the mods I have done? Why are you trolling my thread? It is obvious to me that you have no idea what you are trying to talk crap about.
Sorry, maybe I came off a little too strong, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. When your title is "baller mods", no one is taking you seriously. I'd expect this in a Honda Civic FS thread for a 2010 Honda Civic Si. No doubt MYP are listed and selling for $73-$78K, but you're asking $82K, the $30K in mods doesn't add value. If you're still looking for a buyer for one of the hottest cars in the market after 3 months, either your price is too high or your FS thread is lacking, or both. Take your baller mods off and sell them a la carte and sell the car for $75K.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Sorry, maybe I came off a little too strong, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. When your title is "baller mods", no one is taking you seriously. I'd expect this in a Honda Civic FS thread for a 2010 Honda Civic Si. No doubt MYP are listed and selling for $73-$78K, but your asking $82K, the $30K in mods doesn't add value. If you're still looking for a buyer for one of the hottest cars in the market after 3 months, either your price is too high or your FS thread is lacking, or both. Take your baller mods off and sell them a la carte and sell the car for $75K.
You didn’t hurt my feelings LOL. Yes, I have thought about putting the stock suspension and rotors back on. I would actually lose less money overall. However, I would prefer to avoid the extra time and money associated with putting the stock parts back on. As I mentioned, I am in no hurry.

Amazing car with amazing mods. Unfortunately, most people cannot appreciate the tasteful mods you made. Each person has their own idea on what and how to modify their own car. Trying to find a person with your exact tastes won't happen. Best to remove those easily reversible mods and sell them for a 33%-50% discount to recoup your funds.

Reactions: 1QYKMY
Amazing car with amazing mods. Unfortunately, most people cannot appreciate the tasteful mods you made. Each person has their own idea on what and how to modify their own car. Trying to find a person with your exact tastes won't happen. Best to remove those easily reversible mods and sell them for a 33%-50% discount to recoup your funds.
Thank you kindly for the feedback! I could surely have the stock suspension, sway bars and rotors put back on and lower the price a bit. I say a bit because, as I mentioned, used stock MYPs are going for $73-78k and I would surely except no less.

Here's my take. Take off the coilovers, sell them for $2250, camber arms $250, swaybars $300, rotors $1200, wheels and tires for $3000, smash me plate $200. Reduce your price by $7200 to $75,300. This will open the door to so many buyers for 2 reasons, lower price point, and more people who want a more stock looking car.
Thanks again for your input. Prospective buyers are more than welcome to make me an offer with the stock suspension and rotors on. Everything else done to the car will remain on it. 👍