Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been waiting since late Sept for my MYP and got a vin but passed on it because I wasn't going to be in town and it happened so quick. I was told in early October to expect a mid November to possible late December delivery. I also hope we get at least some options for wheels out of all of this.

I have been waiting since late Sept for my MYP and got a vin but passed on it because I wasn't going to be in town and it happened so quick. I was told in early October to expect a mid November to possible late December delivery. I also hope we get at least some options for wheels out of all of this.
Late Dec?? Come on Tesla, just be honest about the delay vs leading us on to think we will receive the vehicle per the original delivery timeframe.

Just spoke with a very helpful advisor here in NV. He didn't commit to anything but said we should see late November early December. He really wanted to be helpful but they for sure do not give the advisors the tools to service the customer. He gave me the impression that it was a conservative estimate so it is inline with what others are saying.

if it winds up being early December that is over the estimate that I was given and I have no idea what that means for the folks that ordered a month after me.

ordered 9/19 Pearl white/perf/all black/no tow No VIN

Just spoke with a very helpful advisor here in NV. He didn't commit to anything but said we should see late November early December. He really wanted to be helpful but they for sure do not give the advisors the tools to service the customer. He gave me the impression that it was a conservative estimate so it is inline with what others are saying.

if it winds up being early December that is over the estimate that I was given and I have no idea what that means for the folks that ordered a month after me.

ordered 9/19 Pearl white/perf/all black/no tow No VIN

I ordered the same MYP on 9/12 and still no VIN. I did notice that the estimate for the MYP on the Tesla order page is now estimated 5-9 weeks instead of nothing so hopefully we’ll hear something soon.

Reactions: Blackmy21
Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. Good things come to those who wait....and wait....and wait....and wait, haha. Yes, I’m waiting, and waiting, and waiting too.

The ONLY worry I have is California’s COVID cases increase to the point of another lockdown, and it causes the factory to shut down. THEN I’ll start to get worried....and probably mad too, haha.

Ordered a MSM MYP w/ FSD and tow hitch on Oct 25 (the FSD price increase finally pushed me over the edge). Finalized my trade-in and financing this week. SA indicates 5-9 weeks and honestly I'm ok with it although my trade-in is going to decrease the longer the car takes to get here. So, trying not to drive when I don't need to but I've got kids that have places to be! ;-)

Located in Indianapolis.

Ordered a MSM MYP w/ FSD and tow hitch on Oct 25 (the FSD price increase finally pushed me over the edge). Finalized my trade-in and financing this week. SA indicates 5-9 weeks and honestly I'm ok with it although my trade-in is going to decrease the longer the car takes to get here. So, trying not to drive when I don't need to but I've got kids that have places to be! ;-)

Located in Indianapolis.
Before you take delivery, get an estimate from CarMax. The estimate will be good for 7 days, so get the estimate a day or two before delivery. That gives you an option in case the Tesla offer comes in lower.

Before you take delivery, get an estimate from CarMax. The estimate will be good for 7 days, so get the estimate a day or two before delivery. That gives you an option in case the Tesla offer comes in lower.

I may be the odd one here, but CarMax valued my Volvo at $36,000 and Tesla valued it at $40,500. I of course went with the Tesla offer. I’m unfortunately stuck in this waiting game of getting my MYP and HOPING the don’t value my Volvo any less because what they offered me is exactly what my lease payoff is. But until we get our MYP, who knows if that value could be less. Hopeful we get our VIN’s soon!

Ya, that's a good suggestion. There is a CarMax close by. Even if CarMax would provide a slightly better offer, I would still trade in to Tesla. Due to Indiana law, you can subtract the value of the trade in from the final sale price of the car to calculate the sales tax you pay. If I sold the car to CarMax, I'd pay significantly more in sales tax. I'll definitely do the math to see what is the better deal. Appreciate the tip!