Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN 703xx ordered on Oct. 24 was scheduled for pick up today (Nov. 24) in Raleigh.
MSM, white int. (originally ordered black int. on Oct. 22 then had my sales associate change order to white int..

Received disappointing call this morning that they discovered a small dent in rear fender that will require repair :(

Pick up has been rescheduled for Nov. 27. Hoping this appointment sticks.

The pick up coordinator informed me they do a thorough inspection of panel gaps, etc. now so the quality issues that were so prevalent in the recent past shouldn't be a thing as much anymore and you can sign and go in just a few minutes. I hope that is true.

In the meantime I walked the Raleigh lot full of Teslas today and saw one identical to mine so had to take photos. This one looked pretty great - congrats to whomever picks this one up!

IMG_0823.jpg

Reactions: Quorky
My VIN 703xx ordered on Oct. 24 was scheduled for pick up today (Nov. 24) in Raleigh.
MSM, white int. (originally ordered black int. on Oct. 22 then had my sales associate change order to white int..

Received disappointing call this morning that they discovered a small dent in rear fender that will require repair :(

Pick up has been rescheduled for Nov. 27. Hoping this appointment sticks.

The pick up coordinator informed me they do a thorough inspection of panel gaps, etc. now so the quality issues that were so prevalent in the recent past shouldn't be a thing as much anymore and you can sign and go in just a few minutes. I hope that is true.

In the meantime I walked the Raleigh lot full of Teslas today and saw one identical to mine so had to take photos. This one looked pretty great - congrats to whomever picks this one up!

View attachment 611516

Very glad they are now addressing these minor issues pre delivery. This is what most of us wanted from the get go and I am glad that they are improving their quality control to the end customer.

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere but I didn’t know exactly how to search it...after trying a few times.

This evening had my MYP page updated to the make final payment screen, and am scheduled for delivery next Monday, with the car arriving on the 28th.

Could this update to my page to the “make final payment” indicate that my car is arriving earlier than scheduled?

Nashville | MYP | White | Black Interior | FSD | No Tow

Ordered LR AWD, blue w/ black, 19”, no tow, no FSD on 11/13, found and started obsessively reading through these forums on 11/14, got the “1-3 weeks” text on 11/19, ordered the MAXpider Kagu floor mats and Tesmanian trunk/frunk/well mats yesterday, and had the charger installed this morning.

And now we wait.

Currently have a MYP on order with an estimate of mid to late December delivery (no VIN or actual date yet). I wouldn't mind delaying until 2021 on the off chance that there's a retroactive tax break, and generally to avoid the holiday and EOQ build quality.

Is there any way to work with my SA to request a mid-January delivery? And am I going to get stuck back in the cycle where Tesla seems to delay CA deliveries until EOQ?

Following up on my earlier post, I asked my SA if I could take delivery in January and he responded that they won't arrange for delivery until March unless I accept the December date.

I'm inclined to walk away on general principle--by March there should be some Rivian test drive reviews out.

Following up on my earlier post, I asked my SA if I could take delivery in January and he responded that they won't arrange for delivery until March unless I accept the December date.

I'm inclined to walk away on general principle--by March there should be some Rivian test drive reviews out.

That's just a sales tactic to create a sense of urgency for you to stick with the December delivery.