Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I order on 10/23. MYP DBM FSD w/Tow White interior. I had an initial delivery date of Dec 2-4, which has come and gone with never receiving a VIN and still yet to receive one. I spoke via text with my SA which informed me the info he is seeing points to a Dec 18-19 delivery.
I have a few (ridiculous, probably self induced) concerns. First, being the VIN, if the VIN is < 82k I feel I have to reject the delivery in principle and hear is where you want to go get your foil hats and KY Jelly cuz I hear aliens like to do butt stuff! Be seriously, being at the end of the quarter and efficiency is paramount at Tesla it would make sense that any rejected car that was sent back would be repaired, refurbished and reconfigure as necessary for the next customer. Reconfigured probably would mean wheels and tow only probably because the other recent update would be to costly in time and money to retrofit.
Second, related to the first is being the end of the quarter and being pressured by the BIG MAN the assembly process more over the human factors become less effective especially this time of year! I’m a great employee and work extremely hard however, December is a “Fake it till you make it” month for my physically and mentally. QA or QC is in this case are people and people typically suck at what they do the day before holiday beak, let’s be honest. Lol

lastly, if you made it this far Merry Tesla’ing

tewksbury ma

Reactions: Carlvs
I order on 10/23. MYP DBM FSD w/Tow White interior. I had an initial delivery date of Dec 2-4, which has come and gone with never receiving a VIN and still yet to receive one. I spoke via text with my SA which informed me the info he is seeing points to a Dec 18-19 delivery.
I have a few (ridiculous, probably self induced) concerns. First, being the VIN, if the VIN is < 82k I feel I have to reject the delivery in principle and hear is where you want to go get your foil hats and KY Jelly cuz I hear aliens like to do butt stuff! Be seriously, being at the end of the quarter and efficiency is paramount at Tesla it would make sense that any rejected car that was sent back would be repaired, refurbished and reconfigure as necessary for the next customer. Reconfigured probably would mean wheels and tow only probably because the other recent update would be to costly in time and money to retrofit.
Second, related to the first is being the end of the quarter and being pressured by the BIG MAN the assembly process more over the human factors become less effective especially this time of year! I’m a great employee and work extremely hard however, December is a “Fake it till you make it” month for my physically and mentally. QA or QC is in this case are people and people typically suck at what they do the day before holiday beak, let’s be honest. Lol

lastly, if you made it this far Merry Tesla’ing

tewksbury ma
I read the whole thing, don’t think you’re crazy either :D

Ordered Model Y Performance, MSM, Tow hitch, no FSD, black int on 10/15 and still no VIN. My account says estimated delivery between now and Dec 17, which is the original 5-9 week period they quoted me.
FWIW, I did switch colors from black to MSM on 10/28, so I don't know if I got delayed because of this change or not

Reactions: Modulus1
Ordered Model Y Performance, MSM, Tow hitch, no FSD, black int on 10/15 and still no VIN. My account says estimated delivery between now and Dec 17, which is the original 5-9 week period they quoted me.
FWIW, I did switch colors from black to MSM on 10/28, so I don't know if I got delayed because of this change or not

Where are you located? I have the same configuration but with FSD, ordered 11 days later than you and mine is showing dec 2-7. I think like in the other post, having fsd actually gives you some small priority and switching things may have slightly delayed...but then again these dates could be total bs.

Even more delays!
EA66B8B6-864B-4C0A-9639-36DFD4ABE452.jpeg
D0AF6A95-CD9D-4E7F-BD73-42A866CF9229.jpeg

My timeframe disappeared also and then reappeared with the following change: from Dec 4 through Dec 15 to Dec 8 through Dec 31. I talked to my SA earlier this week and she said that the car is estimated to arrive on Dec 23....which makes sense why my timeframe changed. I'm just tired of waiting! Also, it is super frustrating when someone orders MY and receives a VIN in days of when they order...

MYP ordered 10/13, MSM, White Interior, No tow, No FSD, Chicago, IL

Reactions: NASASpaceXlove
Hi everyone. Just adding my status.

Ordered on 11/3 - Black Model Y Performance with white interior. No FSD. No hitch. I believe the original quoted time frame was 5-9 weeks.

On 11/25 I received a text that the expected delivery was 2-4 weeks from the 25th. A couple of days after that there was an update online that I should expect delivery between Dec 9th and Dec 30th.

As of this afternoon, 12/5, that was still the status and I do not yet have a VIN.

Reactions: Modulus1
Hi everyone. Just adding my status.

Ordered on 11/3 - Black Model Y Performance with white interior. No FSD. No hitch. I believe the original quoted time frame was 5-9 weeks.

On 11/25 I received a text that the expected delivery was 2-4 weeks from the 25th. A couple of days after that there was an update online that I should expect delivery between Dec 9th and Dec 30th.

As of this afternoon, 12/5, that was still the status and I do not yet have a VIN.

It seems like those of us with a MYP with white premium interior are not getting many updates and have long wait times. Should we start a rumor that the new center console is being added to the premium interiors first, hence the longer lead time?

I don’t have an estimated delivery date (other than the Tesla text message I got on November 19th that said 2-4 weeks) in my account nor do I have a VIN. Still confused why some of you have a delivery date in your account, and have gotten text messages, but I don’t see anything at all. I ordered a Red MYP with black interior, tow hitch, and FSD. I don’t think I’m that much different than anyone else, and it justifies not having an estimated delivery date and/or VIN on my online account. My SA keeps telling me “everything looks status quo with your account from our end.” How though, I have nothing!

I don’t have an estimated delivery date (other than the Tesla text message I got on November 19th that said 2-4 weeks) in my account nor do I have a VIN. Still confused why some of you have a delivery date in your account, and have gotten text messages, but I don’t see anything at all. I ordered a Red MYP with black interior, tow hitch, and FSD. I don’t think I’m that much different than anyone else, and it justifies not having an estimated delivery date and/or VIN on my online account. My SA keeps telling me “everything looks status quo with your account from our end.” How though, I have nothing!
Based on what everyone has been saying including my own experience, the online estimate is based on your original quoted time. As soon as my date passed it disappeared again leading me to believe you probably don’t see yours since your date has come on gone, seeing that you ordered before me.

• Informative
Based on what everyone has been saying including my own experience, the online estimate is based on your original quoted time. As soon as my date passed it disappeared again leading me to believe you probably don’t see yours since your date has come on gone, seeing that you ordered before me.
Yeah, I never even had an estimated date. It’s always said they’d reach out to me when the delivery date gets closer. So odd.

This is how rumors are started... lol
It seems like those of us with a MYP with white premium interior are not getting many updates and have long wait times. Should we start a rumor that the new center console is being added to the premium interiors first, hence the longer lead time?
Why? How is it helpful to start a rumor? This reminds me of that stupid rumor folks started pushing about the summer tires on the MYP.