Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gonna need evidence for that one, though it would be nice if it's finally rolled out. My bet is he got the metal scroll steering wheel and is assuming it's heated.
I agree with you 100%! But at the same time you’d think we’d see numerous pictures posted of the icon of a heated steering wheel on the display......but we haven’t seen a single one....unless it’s a software release and nobody has gotten it yet.

Reactions: DonaldBecker
With each day that rolls on by, I’m more and more convinced that either A. I won’t see my MYP this quarter, or B. I’ll get my delivery date while I’m out of town and unable to accept delivery....and if that happens I’ll be EXTREMELY PISSED at my SA because they KNOW the exact dates I will be out of town. Still not a single update in my account (not even an estimated delivery date), or a VIN. So yeah, definitely either A or B....without a doubt.

I agree with you 100%! But at the same time you’d think we’d see numerous pictures posted of the icon of a heated steering wheel on the display......but we haven’t seen a single one....unless it’s a software release and nobody has gotten it yet.

A heated steering wheel is much more complex than a software release. Think about it!

Who is Dave Whipple? I can't find him in this forum.

With each day that rolls on by, I’m more and more convinced that either A. I won’t see my MYP this quarter, or B. I’ll get my delivery date while I’m out of town and unable to accept delivery....and if that happens I’ll be EXTREMELY PISSED at my SA because they KNOW the exact dates I will be out of town. Still not a single update in my account (not even an estimated delivery date), or a VIN. So yeah, definitely either A or B....without a doubt.
I feel the exact... same.... way.

Reactions: scap
Ahh...again...the mysterious methods of Tesla...

Ya, seems odd that they'd hold something like that back. Plus, when they announce it, all the people without the actual hardware will be like, "Where's my f'ing heated wheel?" I'm hoping I'm wrong because I want the heated wheel, but I don't think it makes sense. And, if it were already there then everyone is right that we'd see the icon plastered all over the interwebz. So, mysterious, indeed.

Reactions: NASASpaceXlove

Don't be angry at your SA. He has ZERO CONTROL over delivery scheduling. Quite frankly, Tesla corporate couldn't care less about your "exact dates" when you'll be out of town. Their system (whatever THAT is!) just...doesn't...care...and can't accommodate exact delivery date parameters. The car arrives whenever it arrives, period.

While I was waiting for my (since cancelled) car, I phoned my SA, casually asking him where my car was. He searched the system to find "my" car, based on the VIN. "System says it's on a truck in Wyoming."

"Wyoming?" sez I. "We're in Fort Worth. Why the F is it in Wyoming?"

"HAHA! The truck must be using Tesla navigation!", sez he !!!

There is nothing remotely predictable about shipment of Tesla vehicles.

Don't be angry at your SA. He has ZERO CONTROL over delivery scheduling. Quite frankly, Tesla corporate couldn't care less about your "exact dates" when you'll be out of town. Their system (whatever THAT is!) just...doesn't...care...and can't accommodate exact delivery date parameters. The car arrives whenever it arrives, period.

While I was waiting for my (since cancelled) car, I phoned my SA, casually asking him where my car was. He searched the system to find "my" car, based on the VIN. "System says it's on a truck in Wyoming."

"Wyoming?" sez I. "We're in Fort Worth. Why the F is it in Wyoming?"

"HAHA! The truck must be using Tesla navigation!", sez he !!!

There is nothing remotely predictable about shipment of Tesla vehicles.
You canceled your Tesla order? Then why are you still on here offering up your belittling, insensitive (yes, I just used the word insensitive, a word I despise so much) information?

And my SA told me that he could put my out of town dates in the system with the idea that Tesla production would know that I won’t be able to take delivery on certain dates, in turn matching me sooner, than later. So your great book of knowledge isn’t isn’t so knowledgeable, and maybe you shouldn’t have canceled your order. Troll

Calm down, NASA. My comments were in no way belittling to you or anyone else. I'm simply stating that based on the experience of 100s of posters, and reading the 10 pages of posts here, and elsewhere, there is no pattern to Tesla's delivery methods. None. Nada. They couldn't care less what your parameters are. No SA has any control over this. (Maybe you feel belittled because Tesla doesn't care about you, only your money? Sorry about that.)

I'm awaiting my MY. When it arrives, and I drive it for a few minutes, my "great book of knowledge" will grow exponentially. You'll probably want to block me!:p

Actually one odd thing is that I have only received these 3 emails (yes I checked spam):

1) confirming my test drive, from [email protected]
2) trade-in estimate, from [email protected]
3) confirming my order, from [email protected]

If I reply to any of these, is it expected to go to my SA? IMO kind of odd that I have no email from a real person, in spite of meeting one for the test drive. I do have two text messages, but they are automated messages. SA gave me no contact info.

I'd call the center you're picking it up from and get the info for who your SA is. I have a direct email to mine and she's been great. I try not to bug them much because I know they're busy.

Experienced the same thing - mine was Dec 2-6 and now is 15th-31st. So....I guess that's better than being blank. @NASASpaceXlove - what about you? Have an ETA now?

Nothing. I emailed the sales manager and he said “I have not heard anything but we still have time.” The “we still have time” remark was in regards to me telling him my account still doesn’t have an estimated delivery date OR a VIN. I told him that by the end of next week if I haven’t taken delivery that I won’t be able to because I will be 1400 miles from home for the holidays. Without a VIN I have no idea if my vehicle has even been produced let alone on a truck heading to Maryland. He told me it takes at least a week for the vehicle to get here....and if that’s the case then it needs to be on a truck by Friday, and not run into any delivery hiccups along the way (unlikely). I keep telling myself that maybe I’m getting a free MYP because I won through the referral program, and it’ll be a big ole surprise! But I would have heard from Tesla and I never have, so I guess I’m only dreaming about a free Tesla, haha. At least all of you have an estimated delivery date, even though it keeps slipping. I don’t have ANY IDEA when I should get mine.

I finally got an ETA range as well. December 09-31. One would think that since it is already the 8th and I am in Florida that the 9th is highly unlikely. Tesla is a strange animal.

MYP, MSM, White, Tow, Ordered September 11, Southwest Florida

Nothing. I emailed the sales manager and he said “I have not heard anything but we still have time.” The “we still have time” remark was in regards to me telling him my account still doesn’t have an estimated delivery date OR a VIN. I told him that by the end of next week if I haven’t taken delivery that I won’t be able to because I will be 1400 miles from home for the holidays. Without a VIN I have no idea if my vehicle has even been produced let alone on a truck heading to Maryland. He told me it takes at least a week for the vehicle to get here....and if that’s the case then it needs to be on a truck by Friday, and not run into any delivery hiccups along the way (unlikely). I keep telling myself that maybe I’m getting a free MYP because I won through the referral program, and it’ll be a big ole surprise! But I would have heard from Tesla and I never have, so I guess I’m only dreaming about a free Tesla, haha. At least all of you have an estimated delivery date, even though it keeps slipping. I don’t have ANY IDEA when I should get mine.
Don’t feel alone. I got excited seeing that a bunch of people posted updated dates, alas no date on my page. I was worried too about taking delivery since we had a trip planned for the week of Christmas thru next year but due to the pandemic we decided to cancel. I’m hoping this works out for the best and we see a big push in the next few weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: NASASpaceXlove
Just got a date range for the first time ever on the website, still no VIN. When I spoke to the SA last week she did say my car was not yet in queue to be built, but it would be delivered the last week of the month. December 20th would be the last day they could deliver to meet the original 5-9 week quote the site said when I ordered.

Estimated Delivery: December 15 - December 31 in Kansas City, MO, but requested if it could be diverted to Tulsa as they are on the brink of opening and 2 hours closer to my actual location.