Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
decided to join the "hopeful Tesla owner's support group" here...
Las Vegas delivery, MYP Blue on White with tow, ordered 9/22, originally 5-9 weeks, no communication, no estimated delivery date until yesterday - est 12/13-12/31, which has now disappeared. It's been 12 weeks. I asked the SA if cancelling and reordering might be faster lol

Las Vegas delivery, MYP Blue on White with tow, ordered 9/22, originally 5-9 weeks, no communication, no estimated delivery date until yesterday - est 12/13-12/31, which has now disappeared. It's been 12 weeks. I asked the SA if cancelling and reordering might be faster lol
I have the same config except for tow. It really does seem like tow equipped vehicles deliver much slower than non-tow. I hope you get some good news and a VIN soon!

Yeah it is so so upsetting seeing people order in the past week leapfrog us.

So I have interesting information I need to share with everyone! So I got my VIN this morning and I immediately went to my local Tesla SC in Owings Mills because I needed to order 4 TPMS sensors for my winter Gemini rims (they wouldn’t allow me to order the sensors until I got my VIN—they ordered them for me). While I was there I talked to my sales advisor and asked him about my low number VIN (it’s a 76,XXX). He immediately went into the system to see when my vehicle was “born” and it was yesterday, December 11th at 14:54:56. He was also able to see exactly where my vehicle was at on a map, and it was still in the middle of the lot at Fremont (he showed me all of this, so I know it’s in fact real), as well as the odometer and it has 2.5 miles on it. My estimated delivery now says December 22nd-28th, and I leave for NY at the latest on the 24th. If the vehicle shows up and they schedule delivery on the 24th, then I’ll take delivery then drive it to NY—hopefully it shows up on the 22nd though. If it shows up AFTER the 24th, they said they could work something up and I could have a trusted person take delivery on my behalf, but they’d have to do the inspection for me—but no biggie because we could FaceTime together and go through the vehicle together. My trusted person is my next door neighbor who is more into cars than me, and literally goes to a dealership EVERY WEEKEND and drives cars just for the hell of it. So yeah,I’d trust him to have a checklist and sign on my behalf with me on FaceTime. So, that part is solved if need be.

What I want to say about the VIN process is this; the way it works is a VIN is assigned to an individual at a point in time—for me my VIN is a 76,XXX number. My VIN was probably assigned to me weeks ago, but my vehicle didn’t enter production until a couple few days ago (for whatever strange odd reason we may never know, but maybe it was because I ordered the super rare red color AND a tow hitch which also seems to be causing lots of issues). So, I have a low VIN number but my MYP just came off the line yesterday, meaning it SHOULD HAVE all of the new refreshes even though it has a low number. So, the VIN’s are assigned to a person, not as they come off the line. Make sense? My SA shed A LOT of light on the way things work at Tesla, and I understand now, the reason behind all of the madness. He was just as stressed out as we are, and it’s because while it doesn’t make sense to us—the buyers—it doesn’t make sense to the Sales Advisors either......and they have to deal with us, LOL. Oh, and he did say that they work the furthest deliveries first (us on the east coast) then deliver for the closer folks on the west coast. It takes DAYS for us out here to get our vehicles where as those closer to Fremont can get delivered much sooner. Hope all of this may have shed some light in the midst of all the madness.
That’s great news! Also makes sense, as I ordered 11/1, then changed my mind to get a white interior on 12/1 and got a 901XX VIN. Coming Friday. I probably would have had a 74xxx VIN on my original order. Thanks for the insight!

Reactions: NASASpaceXlove
I contacted my SA in Orange County and was told my MYP is in line for production next week. No VIN at this time, but he said it should be here by the end of the year. I hope others in the OC are hearing the same. The date range on my account is Dec 16 to 31.

Just went back to a date range (12/16-12/31) after sitting at a weeks estimate for a while. Per my SA the delivery window he sees is last week of the year. Red/white MYP with tow.

Kicking around the idea of waiting until next quarter to get the new headlights. Probably not worth it but FOMO is strong...

Just went back to a date range (12/16-12/31) after sitting at a weeks estimate for a while. Per my SA the delivery window he sees is last week of the year. Red/white MYP with tow.

Kicking around the idea of waiting until next quarter to get the new headlights. Probably not worth it but FOMO is strong...
I can't advise you on the lights but I can tell you that it may be a long time waiting before they're allowed in the US. A lot of Mercedes, Audis, and bmws have lights that are capable of doing a matrix pattern light dispersion in Europe but because it isn't legal in the US yet, and hasn't been for many years, all of these cars with these advanced lighting system just get auto-high beams like teslas already have.

• Informative
Reactions: AmbienWalrus
Sent my SA an email this morning to see if he has any information, as my account as of this morning still says 12/24-12/31 estimated delivery.

In regards to the news of the updated headlights, I’m 50/50 on them as they look kind of funky where I actually prefer the current design.

I just called Tesla and asked if they could tell me where my car is in terms of transportation. They said my car is scheduled to come in 12/22 and asked me if I wanted to schedule pickup 12/23 so scheduled that. I was hoping delivery would be closer to the beginning fo my delivery estimate rather than the end but oh well. Just glad to get it during a period where the weather will be in the low 50s rather than the low 40s/30s in CO. Will make the trip home easier on the summers.

Got a call back from my SA, saying a vehicle in my ordered spec (MYP, Red/Black, Tow, No FSD) is available at Mt. Kisco and ready for immediate delivery if I want it. However it's a low VIN (70xxx) range, so I kindly declined and told him I will wait for mine to be built. He did confirm that if I take delivery of my vehicle by year end, a free year of Supercharging is included.

Just curious if that vehicle was was a customer reject or cancelled order.

Just spoke to my local SC and they stated that they are still only getting a few cars here and there but expect to receive hundreds of new Model Y's starting 12/20. Hoping that's true, the wait is killing me. Although I am not looking forward to being rushed through the delivery process since I am sure all the SoCal SC's are going to be overwhelmed in the next few weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: Lionel Hutz
Got a call back from my SA, saying a vehicle in my ordered spec (MYP, Red/Black, Tow, No FSD) is available at Mt. Kisco and ready for immediate delivery if I want it. However it's a low VIN (70xxx) range, so I kindly declined and told him I will wait for mine to be built. He did confirm that if I take delivery of my vehicle by year end, a free year of Supercharging is included.

Just curious if that vehicle was was a customer reject or cancelled order.

VINs are non-sequential. The more important aspect is the build date. Always ask for that and it should better tell you what recent upgrades it may or may not have.

• Informative
Reactions: N00bMaster69
SA just told me my build date has “shifted a few times” but is scheduled 12/20-12/31 - “probably the later half”. So take that for what its worth. Just counting on the Dec delivery. With 1yr of free supercharging I can see some roads trips in 2021 for sure!!