Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 27 Sept but didn't 'Complete Tasks' to get in the queue till 28 October, because my SA called and ticked options for me.
Few Weeks ago got email that my delivery/pickup location was changed to Surrey BC, closer to my house.
Sent email yesterday for any updates and SA, who's is awesome, called today.
Initially said expect shipping from Fremont 23rd Dec and Pickup 27th Dec.
Then shocked me when he found a same build as ordered Blue, White Interior, Tow that was tagged as a showroom 'Demo' with 30 miles that got delivered to Vancouver yesterday. Received a whopping $240 price adjustment, lol
Vin is 79,3XX
Got bank draft today and going to pickup it up tomorrow. VERY Excited!

That’s the same color combo we have on order. Can’t wait to see some pictures of it. Hope your delivery goes smoothly.

Delivery Sadness,

I went to the delivery center for pickup on Saturday but left empty handed however, even though I didn't take the car home with me after my inspection I know now more than ever I picked the perfect car for me!

Her are a list of issues found.

The paint...
1. DA and compounding haze, scratches and swirls. Looked like they dried the car with a scrub pad. This was NOT the reason I didn't accept, as I shouldn't have to but can fix with a compound and buffing.
2. Found contamination through out the paint but only I am looking that close. I could live with it, so not a reason to reject.
3. Orange Peal, back had was REALLY bad! Again, I smooth it out a bit with a compound and polish so not a reason to reject.

Damage
1. Driver Side rim had curb rash, looked like they tried to paint over the damage to hide it. Tesla would replace the rim.
2. The plastic trim piece on both driver and passenger front seat where pivots to incline/decline (closest to the center console) was damaged. The damage on both trim pieces were at the exact same height so I assume it happened during the manufacturing process. Tesla would have addressed it.

Dent
1. Found a tiny dent in the back hatch to the right of the license plate, I could tell they did some work on this spot because it was the only spot that was smooth (no orange peel). Tesla would fix the dent with Paintless Dent Repair.

Door Alignment
1. Passenger side Rear door top right (Top most forward corner) stuck out 1/4" or so. So if you look at the body lines straight on from the front of the car you would see the back door stick out a bit. Wasn't to bad, I would have complained but would have accepted it.
2. Saving this one for last, Keep Reading... ;)

Interior
1. I got the white interior, I could see dirty finger prints all over the car and headliner. I could clean this easily but again, should have too. I would have accepted.

Driver side Mirror,
1. All the complaints are true that you can't adjust the mirror to point up high enough, I even tried to lower the seat. all I could see is the rear wheel well.. GOOD NEWS: There is a fix I saw on another thread that its a manufacturing issue. Apparently there are 3 tabs behind the mirror that are suppose to be removed during the installation that weren't. Once removed the Mirror is able to have full range of motion so I'd expect a service bulletin released soon to have this addressed for previously delivered cars.

Reason for my non-acceptance.

Door Alignment/Trim Alignment.
On the driver side, rear wheel well trim piece stick out about 1/4-1/2". When the back door is closed, the Wheel well trim sticks out slightly and progressively gets worse along the door edge to the rocker panel. To me it looks like the door is sucked in to far on the lower right edge closest to the rear wheel.

I spoke with the service advice and got the "Within Spec" and "Cars are inspected before leaving the manufacturing facility and again there are the service center". We both no-verbally agreed that was a big pile. Anyways, at the same time another guy inspecting his car found his trunk storage area flooded with water. I felt bad for that guy because he blindly accepted the car before arriving... The A-hole that I am, I asked if the water level was within spec.... We all laughed, but actually I think it was just me laughing.... I digress.

I didn't accept the car as it stood and I haven't completely rejected it, service is goin to look at the door alignment issues. If that can be address along with the damage I'll take the car. Else, I'll be de-assigned and more than likely will not have another chance until March of next year.

Sucks, but someone else will take it and have an AWESOME car! I will just have to wait a bit longer.

FYI: Did have all the updates, 128GB Flash Drive
MYP, DBM, White Interior, Tow, FSD
VIN: 7919X
Build Date: 12/5

For those that recently took delivery, does your MVPA have your delivery Tesla location listed as the seller? I just took a look at mine, and it has another location listed. So I’m curious if this was an in stock vehicle or customer reject.

Delivery Sadness,

I went to the delivery center for pickup on Saturday but left empty handed however, even though I didn't take the car home with me after my inspection I know now more than ever I picked the perfect car for me!

The paint...
1. DA and compounding haze, scratches and swirls. Looked like they dried the car with a scrub pad. This was NOT the reason I didn't accept, as I shouldn't have to but can fix with a compound and buffing.
2. Found contamination through out the paint but only I am looking that close. I could live with it, so not a reason to reject.
3. Orange Peal, back had was REALLY bad! Again, I smooth it out a bit with a compound and polish so not a reason to reject.

Damage
1. Driver Side rim had curb rash, looked like they tried to paint over the damage to hide it. Tesla would replace the rim.
2. The plastic trim piece on both driver and passenger front seat where pivots to incline/decline (closest to the center console) was damaged. The damage on both trim pieces were at the exact same height so I assume it happened during the manufacturing process. Tesla would have addressed it.

Dent
1. Found a tiny dent in the back hatch to the right of the license plate, I could tell they did some work on this spot because it was the only spot that was smooth (no orange peel). Tesla would fix the dent with Paintless Dent Repair.

Door Alignment
1. Passenger side Rear door top right (Top most forward corner) stuck out 1/4" or so. So if you look at the body lines straight on from the front of the car you would see the back door stick out a bit. Wasn't to bad, I would have complained but would have accepted it.

Interior
1. I got the white interior, I could see dirty finger prints all over the car and headliner. I could clean this easily but again, should have too. I would have accepted.

Driver side Mirror,
1. All the complaints are true that you can't adjust the mirror to point up high enough, I even tried to lower the seat. all I could see is the rear wheel well.. GOOD NEWS: There is a fix I saw on another thread that its a manufacturing issue. Apparently there are 3 tabs behind the mirror that are suppose to be removed during the installation that weren't. Once removed the Mirror is able to have full range of motion so I'd expect a service bulletin released soon to have this addressed for previously delivered cars.

On the driver side, rear wheel well trim piece stick out about 1/4-1/2". When the back door is closed, the Wheel well trim sticks out slightly and progressively gets worse along the door edge to the rocker panel. To me it looks like the door is sucked in to far on the lower right edge closest to the rear wheel.

I spoke with the service advice and got the "Within Spec" and "Cars are inspected before leaving the manufacturing facility and again there are the service center". We both no-verbally agreed that was a big pile. Anyways, at the same time another guy inspecting his car found his trunk storage area flooded with water. I felt bad for that guy because he blindly accepted the car before arriving... The A-hole that I am, I asked if the water level was within spec.... We all laughed, but actually I think it was just me laughing.... I digress.

I didn't accept the car as it stood and I haven't completely rejected it, service is goin to look at the door alignment issues. If that can be address along with the damage I'll take the car. Else, I'll be de-assigned and more than likely will not have another chance until March of next year.

Sucks, but someone else will take it and have an AWESOME car! I will just have to wait a bit longer.

Really sorry about all this =(

Also WHAT on the water flooding someone's trunk?!

Delivery Sadness,

The paint...

Damage

Dent

Door Alignment

Interior

Driver side Mirror,

This is unacceptable! I thought these new batches were suppose to be much better than the last quarter.

Reactions: AmbienWalrus
Delivery Sadness,

The paint...

Damage

Dent

Door Alignment

Interior

Driver side Mirror,

Yike! Mine was built the same day with same spec except FSD. Tesla just called this morning and told me the car should be here by tonight and I am still on schedule to pick up tomorrow.

Received my VIN last night 12/20, 92xxx, and motor purchase agreement shows 15 miles. Mine is a white on black with performance upgrade and no other options. I don't know the physical location or the delivery date, but I am trying to get funding wrapped up by tomorrow. Hopefully I can pick up the car by Dec 31. I placed my order 12/4.

Wow congrats to those who’ve vin’ed. Still waiting and my date changes almost daily. Wonder if California orders are being filled last? When I first ordered I was assured I’d have it in early December so I sold my car in anticipation - now I’ve been doing a lot of walking.

• Funny
Reactions: FOOLSLFDRVNG
Delivery Sadness,

Sorry to hear that. From what I am reading it seems these later VIN cars are actually worse in fit and finish/quality...probably they were rushing things for the end of year/quarter quota to be reached. Good you refused it. If enough customers refuse delivery maybe things will change...

For me personally there are a few things holding me back from pulling the trigger on a Model Y:

1) No heated steering wheel. Sorry I live in Canada and 6-7 months of the year it's friggin cold...
2) Blind spot system - I'm really not loving how Tesla does it. Would prefer audible warning or light on the mirror...in addition to screen warnings.
3) Rough ride in the Y. Heard various reports that the ride is very firm...but some evidence it may be a bit softer in later VIN's...but not sure. I do prefer a more comfortable/soft ride. I don't want to feel every crack/bump in the road on my ass, nor the noise that will go with it.
4) I'd prefer the updated/matte finish console that the newer M3's have
5) It's mid-winter here, don't want to buy a new car and ruin it right away in the salt/slush/rocks/ice/snow. Better to buy in spring. ;)

How do you see the mileage?

It's listed on the MVPA. Mine is 15 miles as well.

I'm not sure where it shows millage either. Got my VIN on December 12th and I can't find anywhere it shows a spot for millage on the account pages. Is this something that shows up closer to delivery date?

They said I'm targeting the 31st/1st right now, hope it lands in December for the free super charging. I'm not confident the tax break is coming back/will be retroactive.

I'm not sure where it shows millage either. Got my VIN on December 12th and I can't find anywhere it shows a spot for millage on the account pages. Is this something that shows up closer to delivery date?

They said I'm targeting the 31st/1st right now, hope it lands in December for the free super charging. I'm not confident the tax break is coming back/will be retroactive.
Look under the documents section on your order page. You should see the MVPA. Open that and it will list the mileage. But like I said before. They usually default this to 15 miles.