Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery Sadness,

I went to the delivery center for pickup on Saturday but left empty handed however, even though I didn't take the car home with me after my inspection I know now more than ever I picked the perfect car for me!

Her are a list of issues found.

The paint...
1. DA and compounding haze, scratches and swirls. Looked like they dried the car with a scrub pad. This was NOT the reason I didn't accept, as I shouldn't have to but can fix with a compound and buffing.
2. Found contamination through out the paint but only I am looking that close. I could live with it, so not a reason to reject.
3. Orange Peal, back had was REALLY bad! Again, I smooth it out a bit with a compound and polish so not a reason to reject.

Damage
1. Driver Side rim had curb rash, looked like they tried to paint over the damage to hide it. Tesla would replace the rim.
2. The plastic trim piece on both driver and passenger front seat where pivots to incline/decline (closest to the center console) was damaged. The damage on both trim pieces were at the exact same height so I assume it happened during the manufacturing process. Tesla would have addressed it.

Dent
1. Found a tiny dent in the back hatch to the right of the license plate, I could tell they did some work on this spot because it was the only spot that was smooth (no orange peel). Tesla would fix the dent with Paintless Dent Repair.

Door Alignment
1. Passenger side Rear door top right (Top most forward corner) stuck out 1/4" or so. So if you look at the body lines straight on from the front of the car you would see the back door stick out a bit. Wasn't to bad, I would have complained but would have accepted it.
2. Saving this one for last, Keep Reading... ;)

Interior
1. I got the white interior, I could see dirty finger prints all over the car and headliner. I could clean this easily but again, should have too. I would have accepted.

Driver side Mirror,
1. All the complaints are true that you can't adjust the mirror to point up high enough, I even tried to lower the seat. all I could see is the rear wheel well.. GOOD NEWS: There is a fix I saw on another thread that its a manufacturing issue. Apparently there are 3 tabs behind the mirror that are suppose to be removed during the installation that weren't. Once removed the Mirror is able to have full range of motion so I'd expect a service bulletin released soon to have this addressed for previously delivered cars.

Reason for my non-acceptance.

Door Alignment/Trim Alignment.
On the driver side, rear wheel well trim piece stick out about 1/4-1/2". When the back door is closed, the Wheel well trim sticks out slightly and progressively gets worse along the door edge to the rocker panel. To me it looks like the door is sucked in to far on the lower right edge closest to the rear wheel.

I spoke with the service advice and got the "Within Spec" and "Cars are inspected before leaving the manufacturing facility and again there are the service center". We both no-verbally agreed that was a big pile. Anyways, at the same time another guy inspecting his car found his trunk storage area flooded with water. I felt bad for that guy because he blindly accepted the car before arriving... The A-hole that I am, I asked if the water level was within spec.... We all laughed, but actually I think it was just me laughing.... I digress.

I didn't accept the car as it stood and I haven't completely rejected it, service is goin to look at the door alignment issues. If that can be address along with the damage I'll take the car. Else, I'll be de-assigned and more than likely will not have another chance until March of next year.

Sucks, but someone else will take it and have an AWESOME car! I will just have to wait a bit longer.

FYI: Did have all the updates, 128GB Flash Drive
MYP, DBM, White Interior, Tow, FSD
VIN: 7919X
Build Date: 12/5

LATE BREAKING!!!! MUST READ!!!! NOT FAKE NEWS!!!!!!

To be clear, I don't hold my SA completely responsible for the following because he was just as UNHAPPY about the situation as I was being told the BAD NEWS..

So, here we go. My SA called today because he heard that I wasn't happy with my delivery and wanted to talk about options. He found a match at the same delivery location but without a TOW and suggested I switch to that VIN if I wanted to have a car before Christmas because getting another one with my spec most likely wouldn't happen. He said, worst case you don't like that one either and you just have to wait for a new one at a later time so no harm no foul (paraphrasing).

I agreed to make the switch and setup a delivery pickup for tomorrow (12/22). About an hour after the call I see an email notifying me of an account change, I look at it and its a new MVOA with the TOW hitch removed however, FSD was priced at $10K not $8K (I ordered 10/22 when it was 8k). So I called my SA which said he was on top of it, just needed a manager to re-adjust the price after VIN re-assignment. SO FAR SO GOOD!!!

Get a call from my SA telling me that he had some bad news, that he and his management team took the issue all the way up to Corporate but there stance was since I denied a car within their specifications and was re-assigned a new VIN that I was subject to the new pricing. There was NOTHING that could be done.

SA and I both agreed that there was NO disclosure that this was an issue when changing VIN. I could hear it in his voice that this isn't something he has every seen happen.

BE WARNED!!!!! If you don't accept you will be subject to any price increase if you so choice or deem the delivered car is not satisfactory to you. If it meets TESLA's arbitrary specifications then you are bound by those and your opinions done mean CRAP!!!

I will be getting a phone call from my SA tomorrow because they are still trying to see what they can do however, I don't and my SA doesn't see a path forward except to remove FSD completely and get the car. I ordered if for FSD, so if that is the case I will cancel my order, demand full refunds for all the Tesla accessories for the car and never endorse this company ever. If they are playing this game now, I don't even want to imagine fighting with them about fixing an issue with the car later.

I really tried to be patience and show tolerance, but I do not see this being good for customer relations! No matter how forward thinking the company...

Look under the documents section on your order page. You should see the MVPA. Open that and it will list the mileage. But like I said before. They usually default this to 15 miles.

Weird. I don’t have that document yet. Just order agreement, that doesn’t mention mileage and the lemon law disclosure. Was planning on calling tomorrow to see if I can get the roof rack installed and get an update on delivery timing. Last week they said it was sitting in CA waiting for a train.

To be clear, I don't hold my SA completely responsible for the following because he was just as UNHAPPY about the situation as I was being told the BAD NEWS..

So, here we go. My SA called today because he heard that I wasn't happy with my delivery and wanted to talk about options. He found a match at the same delivery location but without a TOW and suggested I switch to that VIN if I wanted to have a car before Christmas because getting another one with my spec most likely wouldn't happen. He said, worst case you don't like that one either and you just have to wait for a new one at a later time so no harm no foul (paraphrasing).

I agreed to make the switch and setup a delivery pickup for tomorrow (12/22). About an hour after the call I see an email notifying me of an account change, I look at it and its a new MVOA with the TOW hitch removed however, FSD was priced at $10K not $8K (I ordered 10/22 when it was 8k). So I called my SA which said he was on top of it, just needed a manager to re-adjust the price after VIN re-assignment. SO FAR SO GOOD!!!

Get a call from my SA telling me that he had some bad news, that he and his management team took the issue all the way up to Corporate but there stance was since I denied a car within their specifications and was re-assigned a new VIN that I was subject to the new pricing. There was NOTHING that could be done.

SA and I both agreed that there was NO disclosure that this was an issue when changing VIN. I could hear it in his voice that this isn't something he has every seen happen.

BE WARNED!!!!! If you don't accept you will be subject to any price increase if you so choice or deem the delivered car is not satisfactory to you. If it meets TESLA's arbitrary specifications then you are bound by those and your opinions done mean CRAP!!!

I will be getting a phone call from my SA tomorrow because they are still trying to see what they can do however, I don't and my SA doesn't see a path forward except to remove FSD completely and get the car. I ordered if for FSD, so if that is the case I will cancel my order, demand full refunds for all the Tesla accessories for the car and never endorse this company ever. If they are playing this game now, I don't even want to imagine fighting with them about fixing an issue with the car later.

I really tried to be patience and show tolerance, but I do not see this being good for customer relations! No matter how forward thinking the company...
Sorry about all of that info. That's so shitty.

If you rejected the car, you are entitled to an exact match to YOUR ORDER. Here, you were offered an alternative so you could get the car sooner than wait till March, but that alternative vehicle was not identical to what you ordered. Thus, the order had to be changed and now-current pricing prevails. I agree that they should back out the change and put you back in the queue for an identical match to your order.

Reactions: Carlvs
If you rejected the car, you are entitled to an exact match to YOUR ORDER. Here, you were offered an alternative so you could get the car sooner than wait till March, but that alternative vehicle was not identical to what you ordered. Thus, the order had to be changed and now-current pricing prevails. I agree that they should back out the change and put you back in the queue for an identical match to your order.

I agree and asked to be put back to the original configuration and wait for another match. However, since the switch happen there is no way of restoring the ordered price of FSD.

I was given 3 Options:
1. Take the original car
2. Switch VINs to a Matching Spec Minus Tow (This was an option because the car is at the same Delivery location I inspected my original car). If I didn't like this one, option 3
3. Reject car, be put back in pool and wait for a new one at a later point.

say la vie I guess....

MYP black with white interior. No hitch, no FSD.

My pickup was on 12/20 at noon here in Long Island, NY. I ordered 11/3 - and received my 84XXX VIN 12/6. Then received a text on 12/8 to schedule my delivery and picked the 12/20 date.

The Smithtown, NY Tesla location is large. Really big service center. Good size showroom and waiting area. There's a large interior pickup area you can't see from the outside. I didn't take pictures but there were a lot of cars in the pickup area. (I'd say maybe 20-30)

My SA took me to my car in the pickup area. Another SA was going around the car with a cloth and polish making sure everything was spotless. He mentioned he cleaned a little glue from some window trim and a smudge on the inside. I did a full walk around. Panel alignment all good. Paint looked great! No flaws that I could see. Opened and closed all doors & frunk & trunk, folded seats down, etc. No issues.

The car has all the updates. USB installed in the glove box. Metal knobs on steering wheel. Dimming mirrors. Laminated side glass. I'm 6' 2" and I do not seem to have a problem with the adjustability of the side view mirrors at all. My SA walked me through the features and setting up my profile. That all took about 20-25 minutes. After all that he confirmed I had no issues and then asked me to sign the paperwork and I gave him my certified check for payment. Then I went back to the waiting room while the SA did the work needed to mark the car as "delivered". He then pulled the car around front and I was able to get in and drive it home.

It was awesome. Drive home completely reaffirmed my decision to go with the MYP. I really like the ride and don't find it too firm at all. I had the one pedal driving down smooth after about 30 minutes.

The car was in the app before I got home and the app showed there was an OTA update which I did. Then there was a 2nd OTA update which I also did.

The SA who delivered to me sent a follow up email to check how things were going and I received a phone call from a local Tesla rep checking that all was good and that I was enjoying the car. (coincidentally that rep works in the showroom where I did all my local test drives)

Overall a really great experience.

Now I just need to get my winter wheels installed...

MYP black with white interior. No hitch, no FSD.

My pickup was on 12/20 at noon here in Long Island, NY. I ordered 11/3 - and received my 84XXX VIN 12/6. Then received a text on 12/8 to schedule my delivery and picked the 12/20 date.

The Smithtown, NY Tesla location is large. Really big service center. Good size showroom and waiting area. There's a large interior pickup area you can't see from the outside. I didn't take pictures but there were a lot of cars in the pickup area. (I'd say maybe 20-30)

My SA took me to my car in the pickup area. Another SA was going around the car with a cloth and polish making sure everything was spotless. He mentioned he cleaned a little glue from some window trim and a smudge on the inside. I did a full walk around. Panel alignment all good. Paint looked great! No flaws that I could see. Opened and closed all doors & frunk & trunk, folded seats down, etc. No issues.

The car has all the updates. USB installed in the glove box. Metal knobs on steering wheel. Dimming mirrors. Laminated side glass. I'm 6' 2" and I do not seem to have a problem with the adjustability of the side view mirrors at all. My SA walked me through the features and setting up my profile. That all took about 20-25 minutes. After all that he confirmed I had no issues and then asked me to sign the paperwork and I gave him my certified check for payment. Then I went back to the waiting room while the SA did the work needed to mark the car as "delivered". He then pulled the car around front and I was able to get in and drive it home.

It was awesome. Drive home completely reaffirmed my decision to go with the MYP. I really like the ride and don't find it too firm at all. I had the one pedal driving down smooth after about 30 minutes.

The car was in the app before I got home and the app showed there was an OTA update which I did. Then there was a 2nd OTA update which I also did.

The SA who delivered to me sent a follow up email to check how things were going and I received a phone call from a local Tesla rep checking that all was good and that I was enjoying the car. (coincidentally that rep works in the showroom where I did all my local test drives)

Overall a really great experience.

Now I just need to get my winter wheels installed...
Congrats Mike! I'm going to pick up my MYP tonight hopefully no issues.

Reactions: MikeNY