Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this in the California waiting room thread, but will post here for those getting a Performance model soon...

Well I picked up my MYP today in Irvine, CA. I never really believed those who said they had a flawless delivery but I have to admit they may have been right. My car VIN 92XXX was nearly flawless, the only issue we found was the rear folding seats didn’t come down so easily. They released, but needed a small nudge to fold all the way down. We didn’t even tell the service folks about it, we can live with that. We feel pretty fortunate to have gotten a great build. Now, the couple next to us was picking up their second MY after rejecting one the previous day. It looked like they MAY be rejecting this car too. It had multiple small issues, enough to be quite frustrating for a car worth $60K. I saw multiple scratches on the paint and other imperfections that showed a lack of attention off the assembly line. So there ARE still many issues with with deliveries right now. I’m not sure if mine being a Performance model had anything to do with it but we were impressed with the quality. So there are good and bad builds coming off the assembly line right now. Good luck all!

PS. I floored it off the line at the first couple stoplights, had my daughter in the car with me and we both giggled like school kids at the acceleration! Any doubts I had about spending the extra 10K for the MYP vanished right then and there !!!

I posted this in the California waiting room thread, but will post here for those getting a Performance model soon...

Well I picked up my MYP today in Irvine, CA. I never really believed those who said they had a flawless delivery but I have to admit they may have been right. My car VIN 92XXX was nearly flawless, the only issue we found was the rear folding seats didn’t come down so easily. They released, but needed a small nudge to fold all the way down. We didn’t even tell the service folks about it, we can live with that. We feel pretty fortunate to have gotten a great build. Now, the couple next to us was picking up their second MY after rejecting one the previous day. It looked like they MAY be rejecting this car too. It had multiple small issues, enough to be quite frustrating for a car worth $60K. I saw multiple scratches on the paint and other imperfections that showed a lack of attention off the assembly line. So there ARE still many issues with with deliveries right now. I’m not sure if mine being a Performance model had anything to do with it but we were impressed with the quality. So there are good and bad builds coming off the assembly line right now. Good luck all!

PS. I floored it off the line at the first couple stoplights, had my daughter in the car with me and we both giggled like school kids at the acceleration! Any doubts I had about spending the extra 10K for the MYP vanished right then and there !!!
When did you order? Are they still the old headlights?

This is great to hear. Congrats on your delivery! I hope we all can be this fortunate!

Got my YP, it is nearly flawless in noon bright sunlight. The only thing I notice when I went home under garage lights was the trunk slightly bulging out one side more which a service technician will be coming out before New Years. Also there are a few interior squeaks, I know people say it's quiet compared to an ICE but my 2011 Nissan Leaf doesn't even squeak. Best new car buying experience ever except for the long wait. I am 99% happy with it.

Hey Kadify - congrats on the new car!

Regarding the window you might want to do a calibration to make sure it's closing properly. Here are the instructions for the M3 - guessing it's the same for the Y:

Do It Yourself - Model 3

Hopefully you get the other issues sorted asap!
I'll try that but I think it may be an issue with the door? I'm not sure the door looks like it is perfectly aligned with the rest of the car but the window just isn't tight enough.

Delivery window now says 12/25 - 12/31 with no vin or appointment. Originally had delivery for Rocklin but moved it (supposedly) to the new Vallejo SC. Hopefully hear something soon as this is cutting it close. MSM MYP with FSD and Tow ordered late Oct.
Right here with you. Ordered 10/23. I’m hoping they are saving MYPs with Tow for very last. Pretty much all other California MYPs have been assigned.

Reactions: AmbienWalrus