Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checked this morning and no VIN. Checked again after opening gifts and lo and behold, GOT A VIN! 98XXX.

MYP Blue/White/NoFSD/NoTow. SF Bay Area.

1) Original order for MY AWD: 2/15/2020
2) Postponed delivery based on text message to January: 6/11/2020
3) Test drove MYP and changed existing reservation to MYP and asked to cancel delay: 11/15/2020
4) Got VIN that was taken away that day because nobody updated the delay notes: 12/13/2020
5) Got a VIN again and hoping I'm not in an infinite loop: 12/25/2020

I just had the exact same experience, morning … nothing changed, after lunch and unboxing … yes VIN finally and mine is 978xx. However, no text, email or the account page update about the delivery date and time yet. Good enough, at least not living in the dark.

Reactions: airbrett
Finally received VIN yesterday, nice Christmas present from Tesla 958xx. Ordered on 10.22. Red/White, Tow, FSD. No delivery date yet. I have pre-ordered the Tsportline TSV (Turbine replicas) 19" with Conti DSW06 tires the same day I have ordered the MYP and it just came last week so good timing.

BTW- I have also received the Christmas update from Tesla yesterday for my M3P and it has changed the look of the UI quite a bit. Like having a new car.

My delivery date was supposed to be today, but has been pushed back to 12/29, as the car has not arrived. I guess the truck driver did not want to work over Christmas. Might get to pick it up earlier if the car arrives earlier. This is for Austin, TX.

My delivery was originally set for 12/30, however just got a text/call and it looks like it has arrived early. Now scheduled for delivery on Monday 12/28.

MYP, Red/Black, Tow, and no FSD. VIN range in 78,xxx but confirmed with my SA that the build date was on 12/20. So like others have said, VINs don't mean much.

Checked this morning and no VIN. Checked again after opening gifts and lo and behold, GOT A VIN! 98XXX.

MYP Blue/White/NoFSD/NoTow. SF Bay Area.

1) Original order for MY AWD: 2/15/2020
2) Postponed delivery based on text message to January: 6/11/2020
3) Test drove MYP and changed existing reservation to MYP and asked to cancel delay: 11/15/2020
4) Got VIN that was taken away that day because nobody updated the delay notes: 12/13/2020
5) Got a VIN again and hoping I'm not in an infinite loop: 12/25/2020

Well today I was having major issues with jumping through the credit union's hoops and it was clear I would not be able to get the cashiers check sent to Tesla before year end. I emailed the Tesla finance rate match email and in less than 5 minutes got a response. Updated my account to Tesla financing and within minutes after that was approved and adjusted to the same interest rate as the credit union.

Oh, and someone from Tesla called and asked if I wanted the car TODAY (I had replied to the delivery email that I wanted to pick it up myself rather than use home delivery). So we're going this afternoon to inspect with the checklist and hopefully take delivery. Wish me luck on getting doors that actually fit the rest of the car. Everything else seems fixable through future service center visits, paint correction, etc. I'll report back.

Reactions: WeooooooHuh
Hello all, figured I would share my ordering experience here with my first post.

December 4th: ordered a Tesla Model Y performance Blue on black no tow hitch. My sales advisor was certain I would get it before end of the year. Unfortunately, called me today and said that they pushed out the date to end of next month. I’m in Calgary, Canada.

Looking to take advantage of the free supercharging. They had a 500KM demo Model Y performance with Tow hitch for 1000$ less. Black on black.

After consulting my partner we decided to pull the trigger as it was a mid November build. It doesn’t come with the century mode in the glovebox or
Metal scroll wheel but all the other updates.

Pickup is Tuesday and hopefully vehicle looks good as new still.

Reactions: WeooooooHuh
Ok, made my final payment and got a delivery for tomorrow 9am to 6pm. Then received a SMS my drop off is tomorrow 2am. Left SMS, sent email and called to Fremont, hit the walls everywhere as usual, so I guess all I need to do now is accepting the fact that it will come tomorrow some time.