Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i ordered on 12/16 and received my VIN yesterday (86XXX), am curious to know if i am getting an earlier build? Seeing lots of folks are getting VINs in the 92XXX - 96XXX ranges.

I am hoping that the vehicle would have all the new features.

Any thoughts?
Depends where in CA you are too. Could have already been a shipment headed your way that they matched you to. Versus if you live near Fremont they could still be making your car. I, for example, live about 30 mins from Fremont, and I have still not received a Vin despite ordering in October and living so close. My Vin could still come back in the ball park near yours.

Bay Area people who ordered performance Y's and who don't have a VIN, what do you think? Are we getting our cars this year? 3 days left and I guess Tesla is ok with letting us know last minute but I'm starting to feel like there's a potential they aren't coming.
Especially after seeing a couple other posts about how people received a call from Tesla saying theirs aren't coming in time. I'm trying to not spin with this but can't help it. Guess I'm looking for some positive encouragement.

IMG_8964.jpg I already have this installed and every time I go into my garage it's just sitting there, illuminated green...mocking me..haha.

Reactions: TerranCaz
Bay Area people who ordered performance Y's and who don't have a VIN, what do you think? Are we getting our cars this year? 3 days left and I guess Tesla is ok with letting us know last minute but I'm starting to feel like there's a potential they aren't coming.
Especially after seeing a couple other posts about how people received a call from Tesla saying theirs aren't coming in time. I'm trying to not spin with this but can't help it. Guess I'm looking for some positive encouragement.

View attachment 621807 I already have this installed and every time I go into my garage it's just sitting there, illuminated green...mocking me..haha.

I’m feeling the same way. Pretty disappointed in the lack of communication. I can’t imagine they don’t have every build planned out for the rest of the month already.

View attachment 621807 I already have this installed and every time I go into my garage it's just sitting there, illuminated green...mocking me..haha.
It's torture. Just got a window again (Estimated Delivery: December 28 - December 31) and am planning to immediately get winter geminis installed on it for a trip to the midwest if everything checks out.

Reactions: AmbienWalrus
I’m feeling the same way. Pretty disappointed in the lack of communication. I can’t imagine they don’t have every build planned out for the rest of the month already.
VIN just showed up 92xxx with a 12/31-12/31 delivery window. No pick up appointment set. Shouldn't take long to get from Fremont to Vallejo! 12/31 is cutting it close, but at least with a VIN there's hope!
Less than an hour later and you have your VIN!! There is hope! lol

I'm sure you'll get a VIN any minute now.

Checked this morning and no VIN. Checked again after opening gifts and lo and behold, GOT A VIN! 98XXX.

MYP Blue/White/NoFSD/NoTow. SF Bay Area.

1) Original order for MY AWD: 2/15/2020
2) Postponed delivery based on text message to January: 6/11/2020
3) Test drove MYP and changed existing reservation to MYP and asked to cancel delay: 11/15/2020
4) Got VIN that was taken away that day because nobody updated the delay notes: 12/13/2020
5) Got a VIN again and hoping I'm not in an infinite loop: 12/25/2020

Well today I was having major issues with jumping through the credit union's hoops and it was clear I would not be able to get the cashiers check sent to Tesla before year end. I emailed the Tesla finance rate match email and in less than 5 minutes got a response. Updated my account to Tesla financing and within minutes after that was approved and adjusted to the same interest rate as the credit union.

Oh, and someone from Tesla called and asked if I wanted the car TODAY (I had replied to the delivery email that I wanted to pick it up myself rather than use home delivery). So we're going this afternoon to inspect with the checklist and hopefully take delivery. Wish me luck on getting doors that actually fit the rest of the car. Everything else seems fixable through future service center visits, paint correction, etc. I'll report back.

Edit: tl;dr: Good fit and finish, minor stuff, great car and we are thrilled with it!

We picked up our car on 12/26! It was not flawless but it was very good. The white interior had no scratches, damage or scruff marks, just some of the plastic wrap that didn't get removed all the way in the headliner. The rear folding seats fold fine but are a bit out of alignment (the typical thing on others where the right seat sits a bit higher than the middle and left.

The exterior was very nice and most alignment was within what would be a normal automaker's "specs". Exceptions are the following:
1) Rubber trim sticks up a little in front left side of roof glass where it meets the windshield
2) Left rear door has slight gap where it meets the left rear wheel well cover (the black piece). The door seemed to not close quite as easy as the others at first but now after a few days I don't notice any difference. It's only noticeable if you are looking but may affect the aerodynamics by a fraction of a percent? :)
3) Rubber door seal for drivers side door is not flush in the top back (no issue with door or window though)
4) Scuff marks/scratch on black part of bumper over on and next to the two hitch over (I don't have a tow hitch so that is interesting)
5) Paint: Some localized swirl marks on the left rear quarter panel. Some minor scratches (can be buffed out) on driver door below handle
6) Left rear wheel looks like it had minor rash and was repaired- can only see it when looking up close
7) Very slight gap where the driver door meets the black plastic on the bottom. This was my biggest concern before picking up as some doors have been reported mis-shapen/bowed. Fortunately it is very slight and not noticeable unless looking for it.

Overall, every issue is minor and fixable and only really noticeable when you are looking for it (I would not have noticed most of these things without having been prepped from the knowledge of this forum and having the inspection checklist in hand). I'm only nitpicking as many here are interested in quality and what is being discovered on delivery. I was a bit nervous before seeing the car because its the end of the Q4 rush. I am very happy it it is a great car. I felt confident accepting delivery and have made a service appointment for things like the trim and seats.

IMG_0348.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0342.JPG
    IMG_0342.JPG
    478.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0343.JPG
    IMG_0343.JPG
    568.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0347.JPG
    IMG_0347.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    837.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0356.JPG
    IMG_0356.JPG
    334.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0358.JPG
    IMG_0358.JPG
    666.3 KB · Views: 53
Nice! I'm waiting on a Blue MYP as well (Southern California)

Mine ran into a little hiccup, I ordered in Early Dec, applied for financing on the website 10 days ago and got very canned replies (takes 24-48 hrs, they might be a bit behind, etc etc). So today I called and said "I know you guys are busy, take your time, I dont mind if I take delivery in 2021". 20 minutes later the loan was approved at 2.49%. I guess they needed a little passive aggress push, but we'll see if my delivery counts for 2020 or 2021 lol.

Edit: tl;dr: Good fit and finish, minor stuff, great car and we are thrilled with it!
I felt confident accepting delivery and have made a service appointment for things like the trim and seats.

On side note, did they note these adjustments on the "due order" upon delivery? I've seen two situations, first is the "take it or leave it" attitude (mostly during the M3 days). Second is others mentioned the service will say "in specs no repair needed"

On side note, did they note these adjustments on the "due order" upon delivery? I've seen two situations, first is the "take it or leave it" attitude (mostly during the M3 days). Second is others mentioned the service will say "in specs no repair needed"

They never gave me the option to note anything even when I asked. In fact they wouldn't let me open the doors to inspect the car until I accepted delivery via the app and paid the amount due. I jumped through those hoops given I wouldn't legally be on the hook until driving off the property and just wanted to move forward. I think the things that need fixing are easy (trim pieces, etc.) so I'm not super worried about the "in-spec" comment. Even the slight gaps probably actually are "in-spec" as I alluded to in the post. I plan to do a detail anyway which will take care of any minor swirl marks and scratches.