Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked my white one black performance today. Tesla was ready to do contactless delivery about 5 hours ahead of schedule, so I took advantage of that. This was in the northwest Austin, TX location. 100% contactless with no paper signing, etc. I probably did not do as thorough inspection as others might do, but the panel gaps all looked consistent. Hard to say if there are any scratches since it's hard to pick up that with white paint.

One thing I did notice later was that I cannot get my left side mirror to point "out" as much as I'd like. The right mirror is fine. Not sure if this is a standard thing on the MY or just my build. If it is a standard thing, I am not sure most people would notice, because like 99% of drivers don't have their side mirrors adjusted properly anyway, IMO. Anyway, I guess I'll be bringing this up with service. I am curious if anyone else has noticed this and if they were able to get it adjusted.

EDIT: just found mirror thread: 2021 Model Y Sideview Mirrors Limited Adjustability

Last edited:
Reactions: TerranCaz
Just took delivery in Burbank. What an easy process! Not a mark on the car. Well, there is now that I drove my dogs to the park, but that’s easy to clean. So glad I opted for the P. Haven’t gunned it yet. Now it’s time to hang out in the ‘exterior and interior’ forum. good luck to Y’all.

Reactions: TerranCaz
She’s here!!

Attachments

• 9A7F1E88-3C64-4211-8C3C-4DB03DB2E693.jpeg
    9A7F1E88-3C64-4211-8C3C-4DB03DB2E693.jpeg
    501 KB · Views: 75
Picked mine up today. I had an 11 am appointment but showed up early since it was a 3 hour drive for me. Car wasn't ready and we had to wait until about 11:30. Looked over the car, everything was spot on perfect except for my frunk. There were paint issues along both edges on the sides of the hood. The delivery person pointed it out to me before I even saw it and said they will either paint it or just replace the entire hood.

Couldn't be happier with the car, went shopping in the city all day and drove home and still had 40 miles to spare. Amazing car, wife, mother in law and father in law all really liked it as well.
20201229_143732.jpg

Reactions: AmbienWalrus
So just got the text from Tesla that they don’t expect my MYP to be done this year. I live 30 miles from Fremont, ordered 10/23. Unreal.

“Tesla Update - thank you for supporting Tesla's mission as a future owner of a Model Y. Due to high demand and limited supply, we now expect your Model Y to be built in the first few months of 2021 - however we may have some similar vehicles available to take delivery this year.

Please reply YES and a Tesla Advisor will reach out to discuss available options and the benefits of taking delivery in December.”

So just got the text from Tesla that they don’t expect my MYP to be done this year. I live 30 miles from Fremont, ordered 10/23. Unreal.

“Tesla Update - thank you for supporting Tesla's mission as a future owner of a Model Y. Due to high demand and limited supply, we now expect your Model Y to be built in the first few months of 2021 - however we may have some similar vehicles available to take delivery this year.

Please reply YES and a Tesla Advisor will reach out to discuss available options and the benefits of taking delivery in December.”

my advisor just told me the same. Got the VIN but supposedly the car hasn’t finished being built. So will be missing out on free supercharging for a year as well as FSD for 3 months? Ugh

my advisor just told me the same. Got the VIN but supposedly the car hasn’t finished being built. So will be missing out on free supercharging for a year as well as FSD for 3 months? Ugh

Similar situation here. I ordered 10/2 when estimate was 3-7 weeks, with accepted terms same day. Pushing 13 weeks now with no VIN or delivery estimate. Received a call on Mon trying to coax me into another build, but was given no expectation for my vehicle as ordered.

Look like I'll miss out on supercharging, FSD, and expiring state tax credits - which is all the more frustrating because at least 6 people who ordered after me have received, or will soon be picking up, my exact build. Has anybody heard of success requesting discounts for failed deliveries by EOY to make up for lost tax credits?

Just got the same text a minute ago. This is ridiculous. I've been in queue since the end of September. I also delayed visiting my parents across the country due to my SA insisting I was getting a delivery (driving instead of flying, and I'm the only one visiting them, thanks to dangers of COVID).

• Informative
Reactions: westernvine
Picked up our Moldel Y performance yesterday. Red/White, Tow, FSD. Ordered on 10.22. Born on 24th and delivered on 29th in Seattle area, that is impressive. What is not impressive are the countless issues. Way too many for me to list here (I'm lazy). I have installed the Tsportline TSV black wheels with Conti DSW 06 tires on the car right after I got back from Tesla. Currently the car is getting PPF on front. Tesla has to fix a lot of damage on the rest of the car.