Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 P3D+ Steep Driveway and Approach Angle Request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all! Excited to be here. Soon to be taking delivery of a P3D+ but I am worried that I may have troubles loading it into my garage.

For context my fiancée’s RS3 can only get up driving in, but due to the shape of the garage I’d like to reverse in for optimal charge cable layout.

riveway attached. At its steepest I used my iPhones “Measure” app to measure a 15 degree angle in the exposed aggregate portion.

EDD0839B-2E89-4DD9-93B5-B8BB72B04640.jpeg

C15AFC7F-746A-46D8-BA21-367F4A2CE326.jpeg

I’m wondering if one of you may be able to calculate the approach angle for the M3 Performance.

I haven’t been able to find anything relevant to the 2021 Performance when it comes to angles, but have found a lot of people asking!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

To further clarify, the RS3 cannot reverse in. The photo was our best attempt but it seems to bottom out just before clearing it.

Data I have found suggests:
RS3 Ground Clearance: ~110mm
RS3 Front Overhang: 870mm

M3 Ground Clearance: 140mm
M3 Front Overhang: 841mm

With 30mm extra ride height AND less front overhang, there should be no issues? I’d love to confirm this.

Thank you both. I have found a website that lets you calculate these angles based on measuring the car. Approach angle calculator.

If somebody has a few minutes, would you be able to provide the measurements necessary?

Height: Measure from ground to the lowest part under the front of the car (before the wheels)
Length: Measure from that lowest point back to the front of the wheel on the ground

(If anybody is interested, for the RS3 H: 160mm L: 720mm for an angle of 12.8 degrees)

Last edited: