Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 plaid. Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What should be a good number for wh/mi in the new model S plaid?
I’m new to EV and have read many issues regarding battery pack and reduced charge.
So far what I think I understanding that for battery 100 kWh and estimated range of 350- the number should be around 100000 wh/350 miles= 285 wh/miles? Is that correct. I haven’t driven my car much( less than 300 miles short trips) but it’s around 300-330.
Can you guys help me understand the numbers and what I should be looking at to make sure there isn’t an issue?

Reactions: Drew-MS
What should be a good number for wh/mi in the new model S plaid?
I’m new to EV and have read many issues regarding battery pack and reduced charge.
So far what I think I understanding that for battery 100 kWh and estimated range of 350- the number should be around 100000 wh/350 miles= 285 wh/miles? Is that correct. I haven’t driven my car much( less than 300 miles short trips) but it’s around 300-330.
Can you guys help me understand the numbers and what I should be looking at to make sure there isn’t an issue?

I can get 265-285 wh on my Plaid, by driving conservatively and/or keeping the speeds below 65mph.

Reactions: Drew-MS and 1020hp
That’s impressive!
any regrets? I am waiting for a November 4 deliver. Plaid black/ white interior cf and 21”
current daily Tesla model 3 performance. your on 21”?
@Duke846 Don't quote me, I have to double check! Also, FSD beta safety scoring had me driving my Plaid like a nanny in a Yugo, for 1400miles of that 2600 mile total!

That’s impressive!
any regrets? I am waiting for a November 4 deliver. Plaid black/ white interior cf and 21”
current daily Tesla model 3 performance. your on 21”?
I se 19” duh
@Duke846 Don't quote me, I have to double check! Also, FSD beta safety scoring had me driving my Plaid like a nanny in a Yugo, for 1400miles of that 2600 mile total!
That kinda stinks! Did you get a good score?
I know I wouldn’t even come close. Did the 199$ trial and other than changing lanes, basic autopilot is fine with me.

Reactions: Drew-MS
I se 19” duh

That kinda stinks! Did you get a good score?
I know I wouldn’t even come close. Did the 199$ trial and other than changing lanes, basic autopilot is fine with me.
Agreed. FSD isn’t worth it to me yet, either. I did get a good score and received the new beta FSD download last week. It’s a fun parlor trick for now. AP and $10k in your pocket is a better investment right now!

@Duke846 Just checked and I was wrong. See attached. I must have been thinking about the new MYP.

19561CFF-E209-4B1D-BDF9-5409729A2E80.jpeg

Reactions: Drew-MS and Duke846
You have any buyers remorse?
got to ask the yoke question also. Only because too many times people share the opinion without even driving it.
you can skip the buttons suck part.
First, I like the yoke, but not the button, in Lieu of stalks. Added a Aroham yoke, from AliExoress to the MYP - for driving consistency.

Remorse? Some. The acceleration is crazy and fun. Never gets old. Love the interior, adaptive air suspension, quietness, cargo space, etc. I traded my 2019 M3*, with AB, for it. Thinking maybe the LR, for $40k less, would have been a wiser decision. I also have an earlier vin and might have waited for the 2022s to roll out (Plaid or LR). Not a huge fan of this bastardized UI, but that will be addressed when v11 eventually releases.

Reactions: Duke846 and oktane
First, I like the yoke, but not the button, in Lieu of stalks. Added a Aroham yoke, from AliExoress to the MYP - for driving consistency.

Remorse? Some. The acceleration is crazy and fun. Never gets old. Love the interior, adaptive air suspension, quietness, cargo space, etc. I traded my 2019 M3*, with AB, for it. Thinking maybe the LR, for $40k less, would have been a wiser decision. I also have an earlier vin and might have waited for the 2022s to roll out (Plaid or LR). Not a huge fan of this bastardized UI, but that will be addressed when v11 eventually releases.
Like you, I know if I ordered the LR I would have always wondered what the Plaid was like. I think your decision is sound. Everyone needs 1020 hp now and then. Keeps people off the phone 😜.
seeing that not much wh/mi sacrifice is definitely a bonus.
thanks for the feedback. My biggest worry now is my winter tire setup, since I ordered the 21”

Like you, I know if I ordered the LR I would have always wondered what the Plaid was like. I think your decision is sound. Everyone needs 1020 hp now and then. Keeps people off the phone 😜.
seeing that not much wh/mi sacrifice is definitely a bonus.
thanks for the feedback. My biggest worry now is my winter tire setup, since I ordered the 21”
Bear in mind off the line I doubt the Plaid is faster than the LR in the winter months in most places (off the line). In Seattle I’m already severely traction limited in the 40s-50s, especially with any moisture on the ground.

Bear in mind off the line I doubt the Plaid is faster than the LR in the winter months in most places (off the line). In Seattle I’m already severely traction limited in the 40s-50s, especially with any moisture on the ground.
The Plaid is significantly faster from a dig than the LR. It was 42F this morning and acceleration may have been off by 0.1 sec or so. Just stating a fact.