Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Quarter 2 Model Y Delivery Experience Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With VIN’s being assigned and people starting to schedule delivery it would be great to see the current experiences people are having with delivery.
How was the delivery experience?
How was the fit and finish of your Model Y?
Any complaints?

I Look forward to hearing every new Model Y owners experience!

Reactions: blissdancer
With VIN’s being assigned and people starting to schedule delivery it would be great to see the current experiences people are having with delivery.
How was the delivery experience?
How was the fit and finish of your Model Y?
Any complaints?

I Look forward to hearing every new Model Y owners experience!
I’m scheduled for Tuesday afternoon in Naperville - I’ll update afterwards

Reactions: blissdancer
I have been told from the SA's I have "unique" situation. I was issued a VIN with a date for pickup from 5/27-5/30 and I can't purchase the car!

First I was told it's on the lot and not repaired. I talked to my SA and he said they would release it for sale and I can make appointment for the body work at a later time when i pickup the car.
Then I was told it has been repaired and they are short staffed and can't go pick it up.
Then i was told the body show will not get back to them whether its been repaired or not.

Apparently it's been at the body shop since ~5/12..

SA's said they will do what they can to not put me back in queue if I cant get the car by the 30th, but they can't promise anything....

WHO issues a VIN that can't be sold in the window/time frame they give you? Tesla. Makes no sense.

I have been told from the SA's I have "unique" situation. I was issued a VIN with a date for pickup from 5/27-5/30 and I can't purchase the car!

First I was told it's on the lot and not repaired. I talked to my SA and he said they would release it for sale and I can make appointment for the body work at a later time when i pickup the car.
Then I was told it has been repaired and they are short staffed and can't go pick it up.
Then i was told the body show will not get back to them whether its been repaired or not.

Apparently it's been at the body shop since ~5/12..

SA's said they will do what they can to not put me back in queue if I cant get the car by the 30th, but they can't promise anything....

WHO issues a VIN that can't be sold in the window/time frame they give you? Tesla. Makes no sense.
This sounds ridiculous. However, knowing VIN assignment is automatic, someone should have made sure that VIN wasn’t assigned until the car could actually be sold.

This sounds ridiculous. However, knowing VIN assignment is automatic, someone should have made sure that VIN wasn’t assigned until the car could actually be sold.
I was just told, after I reached out after hearing nothing, that they are unable to deliver the vehicle within the timeframe Tesla assigned me.

I now have a delivery set for next Wednesday hoping it will be done by then. I'm for sure not holding my breath.

Again, why on earth would a VIN be assigned that cannot be sold??

Reactions: LwlPeak
First time Tesla buyer picking up the Y next week. Still excited to get this car, but the process to date has been so-so, mostly because I had higher expectation for the website/online order process. These are ultimately minor quibbles, but here is an honest pre-delivery review.

It starts great:
Ordered a car online exactly to my spec, THIS IS THE FUTURE. Not having to go through the standard dealership sales experience is so refreshing.

Then the cracks start to appear:

I got a text requesting a picture of my spouse's driver's license. Which they want me to send through standard email. Why is there no place to upload this sensitive document though the website? Got a snarky response when I asked for a more secure way to send it - "We do it this way everyday". Neat.

I received my VIN on 5/26. I should be ecstatic, but why was my estimate still 6-9 weeks from order date hours before I got a VIN? I was waiting to line up financing until I got closer to the estimated date which would have been late June. They knew my car was sitting on the SC lot and didn't change the estimate. Shrug.

I get the text to schedule delivery. I only get options in the next 3 days. I don't have financing set, and due to my reptilian state legislators I have to go out of state to pick up my car. I have to make a request to get a later delivery date rather than just letting me pick another date in their crappy scheduling calendar.

Everyone talks about their SA on here. I have no idea who mine is. I just get anonymous text messages or emails when I need to do something. That is fine, but most steps required me to make a separate request because the self service website can't do what I need.

I trust the car will be awesome, but the website and ordering tech is more primitive than I expected.

And this is the worst UX I've seen in some time. Why would you change the order of the weekdays like that?

Kapture 2021-05-27 at 16.20.49.gif

First time Tesla buyer picking up the Y next week. Still excited to get this car, but the process to date has been so-so, mostly because I had higher expectation for the website/online order process. These are ultimately minor quibbles, but here is an honest pre-delivery review.

It starts great:
Ordered a car online exactly to my spec, THIS IS THE FUTURE. Not having to go through the standard dealership sales experience is so refreshing.

Then the cracks start to appear:

I got a text requesting a picture of my spouse's driver's license. Which they want me to send through standard email. Why is there no place to upload this sensitive document though the website? Got a snarky response when I asked for a more secure way to send it - "We do it this way everyday". Neat.

I received my VIN on 5/26. I should be ecstatic, but why was my estimate still 6-9 weeks from order date hours before I got a VIN? I was waiting to line up financing until I got closer to the estimated date which would have been late June. They knew my car was sitting on the SC lot and didn't change the estimate. Shrug.

I get the text to schedule delivery. I only get options in the next 3 days. I don't have financing set, and due to my reptilian state legislators I have to go out of state to pick up my car. I have to make a request to get a later delivery date rather than just letting me pick another date in their crappy scheduling calendar.

Everyone talks about their SA on here. I have no idea who mine is. I just get anonymous text messages or emails when I need to do something. That is fine, but most steps required me to make a separate request because the self service website can't do what I need.

I trust the car will be awesome, but the website and ordering tech is more primitive than I expected.
Leaves a lot to be desired. I agree with you on that.

How about predelivery?

Just got a call advising that they will have to reschedule the delivery set for tomorrow because during the inspection they were unable to open one of the doors. They may have to order parts to resolve the issue. They anticipate this will take a week.

I’m glad they found it before I drove up to take delivery.

How about predelivery?

Just got a call advising that they will have to reschedule the delivery set for tomorrow because during the inspection they were unable to open one of the doors. They may have to order parts to resolve the issue. They anticipate this will take a week.

I’m glad they found it before I drove up to take delivery.
If Tesla addressed there quality issues before customers arrived to pickup there vehicles it would eliminate the majority of criticism that they receive.

If Tesla addressed there quality issues before customers arrived to pickup there vehicles it would eliminate the majority of criticism that they receive.
I expressed MUS frustration yesterday during pickup. The delivery center had my car on the lot since May 5th, no one checked the car before scheduling delivery. I had to wait 2 hours to have them fix rear seats fit and finishes.

While waiting to get the “fit and finishes” fixed, I noticed the way the delivery center prepared cars for “delivery”. They removed the protective wraps from the front bumper, rear bumper, mirrors then drive the cars to the front one by one and they are ready to go after a quick wash.

I expressed MUS frustration yesterday during pickup. The delivery center had my car on the lot since May 5th, no one checked the car before scheduling delivery. I had to wait 2 hours to have them fix rear seats fit and finishes.

While waiting to get the “fit and finishes” fixed, I noticed the way the delivery center prepared cars for “delivery”. They removed the protective wraps from the front bumper, rear bumper, mirrors then drive the cars to the front one by one and they are ready to go after a quick wash.
This is what I am worried about. My vehicle has been on the lot since Wednesday. Picking up in 2 days. Logic would tell you they would have already prepared cars that have been scheduled for delivery.
But as you pointed out that isn’t the case. Embarrassing to just run it through a wash and send it over. And I bet it isn’t a hand wash 😝

they should go over a quick checklist at the minimum. Hopefully this is SC based and not a nationwide practice.

Reactions: Skyeforge