Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Quarter 2 Model Y Delivery Experience Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you please help with the checklist ? I will take delivery soon … wondering what I should use ? Thanks amd Congrats on your delivery!
Took delivery today of my new Y. Blue, White interior, Tow Hitch, Long Range. Spent over an hour with the check list and glad to say I did not find a thing that needed attention. Fit and finish was pretty darn flawless. Controls, Cameras, Stitching, seals all seemed as they should be. The headlights were not the new ones. Lumbar support on the passenger side as gone. Even so, I am thrilled. The ride is soooooooo smooth. Spent the afternoon putting accessories in place (mud flaps. interior trays, protective film lower panels ahead of the rear wheels, screen protector). In my mind, mud flaps should really be standard.
can you please share the checklist? Congrats on your delivery!

Reactions: Tesslady
With VIN’s being assigned and people starting to schedule delivery it would be great to see the current experiences people are having with delivery.
How was the delivery experience?
How was the fit and finish of your Model Y?
Any complaints?

I Look forward to hearing every new Model Y owners experience!
Hello,

I waited for my MODEL Y long range around 4 months and when i receive the delivery, i saw lot of Build quality issue with my MODEL Y.

Here are some concerns and issue about the “BUILD QUALITY of MODEL Y delivered to me on Oct 28th, 2021.

I have send all the photos and videos to TESLA service department. The build quality of a $55,000 MODELY Y has really gone down and there are few SAFETY AND SECURITY concerns.
  1. Driver and passengers side DOORS and WINDOWS does not close and open the way it should be and it is a very “BIG SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERN.
  2. Driver and passengers side windows does not open and close automatically from inside.
  3. Phone charging station does not work properly.
  4. Frunk rubber is not aligned with the seam where water can easily seep in the FRUNK.
  5. Right side Passengers front floor LINING is not aligned.
  6. Outside right back passenger rubber LINING NOT aligned.
I owned Tesla Model 3 but MODELY Y delivery with Poor build quality disappointed me as i was big fan and follower of Elon Musk and his company. Maybe he is too busy churning out the numbers for him and the investors, with lowering the quality of the most desirable car. Disappointed!!!!

Please be careful while taking the delivery of your MODEL Y. Lot of build quality issues.