Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Rear Seat Squeak/Rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After about 500 miles I delveloped a rear seat rattle. I've tried most of the fixes I've found on here from coating/wrapping the latches or wedging microfiber towels in between the seat and the rear deck or between the seats. Nothing seems to work except leaving the seat back folded down. And it's only the drivers side rear seat back. Has anybody pinpointed a rattle like this that was not fixed from the previous stated solutions? Or have a different recommended fix?

Reactions: howdidIgethere
After about 500 miles I delveloped a rear seat rattle. I've tried most of the fixes I've found on here from coating/wrapping the latches or wedging microfiber towels in between the seat and the rear deck or between the seats. Nothing seems to work except leaving the seat back folded down. And it's only the drivers side rear seat back. Has anybody pinpointed a rattle like this that was not fixed from the previous stated solutions? Or have a different recommended fix?
Have you wrapped the rear seat latch post with adhesive Velcro or thick tape. It fixed mine perfectly. I learned about it on this forum. Why don't the service centers read this forum?

Seat rattle fix.jpg

Reactions: EFB055
Have you wrapped the rear seat latch post with adhesive Velcro or thick tape. It fixed mine perfectly. I learned about it on this forum. Why don't the service centers read this forum?

View attachment 788128
First thing I tried. I even pulled the seat cover to secure the plastic pieces under the carpet on the seatback this last go around. At this point I'm gonna consider it as a lost cause and turn the stereo up or leave the seat dropped if I can't stand it.

The second part in this video fixed my problem. The bushing that he shows slid off the same way on mine. You have to remove the rear seat back to be able to fix it, but it’s worth the effort.

Thank you. I'll have to check that. Did your seat rattle when it was folded down? Mine only rattles when it's locked in the upright position.

mine only rattled when it was upright. It also felt really loose when moving the seatback side to side. Once I fixed that it eliminated the rear seat noise and made the car enjoyable to drive again. That bushing is a poor design and should be revised.

Reactions: JLUNDY

Hi mate, I had a similar issue with drivers side too and took weeks to find. Check if the metal U clamp is rubbing and wearing away the plastic as below. A small triangle of adhesive felt fixed mine.

A5B7029D-D11B-4E3C-9D59-71D14D08F939.jpeg

Reactions: JLUNDY
Hi mate, I had a similar issue with drivers side too and took weeks to find. Check if the metal U clamp is rubbing and wearing away the plastic as below. A small triangle of adhesive felt fixed mine.

View attachment 789815

Hi @SomeCurry - thanks for sharing this. You don't by any chance have a recording of the rattle before you managed to fix it, do you? I have a rear seat rattle and would love to know if it's the same noise you fixed!

View attachment 788128
I did this on Monday when I had a day off.
Wow, what a terrific improvement! I did both rear seats, and the decrease in rattles was dramatic. Thanks for sharing this. My car is nearly silent again, despite recent rains causing Grand Canyonesque potholes throughout Australia's East ....

View attachment 788128
After 4 years and hearing a clunk every time I accelerate, this simple fix has made the rear seat dead quiet. About a year ago I figured out that putting the rear driver side passenger seat down eliminated the noise. I took some Scotch garland wrap and wrapped it around that bar. Thank you for posting this.