Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Reduced Regen over the Past few weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am wondering if anyone else has noticed reduced regen on their Palladium Model S lately? I have over 17,000 miles on my 2022 and have noticed that I can no longer easily one-pedal drive the car, especially when driving down a hill. I live at the top of a hill and never in the past had to use the brake pedal at all, but now I have to use the brake pedal due to what feels like reduced regen. It has nothing to do with battery/SOC level, it is the same regardless, so I know that is not the issue.

Anyone else have this experience?

Not a model S, I have a model 3 AWD, but I've been feeling like we have less regen too this summer. At highway speeds it seems similar to before but in city driving if feels less powerful and I use my brake pedal more. The max regen value in ScanMyTesla is the same but the way it's used seems different. Not a setting, I'm still on "normal" regen. I hope it's a mistake and they set it back up...

Reactions: cmarshack
I also have the M3 AWD. I have also noticed this the last 2 months, expecially going downhill on the freeway. In the past, as soon as I lifted off the accelerator, the car would begin to slow down. Now I have to consistently apply the brakes. I haven't changed any settings. The car is parked in the garage and I typically charge between 80 and 85%. I precondition the battery now that it is colder and typically get on the freeway at just under 80% charge.