Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refresh Fan Running

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SoCal Buzz

Early Adopter
Supporting Member
Oct 9, 2018
OC, Calif.
Reposting from Deliveries: After I exit my car and the HVAC shuts down, I can still hear a fan running, sometimes several hours later. It seems to be coming from rear of the hood in the center next to windshield wipers. One time I got alert saying HVAC had been on for 4 hours, so that made me nervous (probably user error in that case).

Is this normal behavior? Fan for MCU perhaps? I’m still factory locked on 2021.31.103. Thanks

Reposting from Deliveries: After I exit my car and the HVAC shuts down, I can still hear a fan running, sometimes several hours later. It seems to be coming from rear of the hood in the center next to windshield wipers. One time I got alert saying HVAC had been on for 4 hours, so that made me nervous (probably user error in that case).

Is this normal behavior? Fan for MCU perhaps? I’m still factory locked on 2021.31.103. Thanks
I believe the car runs the fan to keep the interior temp below a certain temp. I hear mine running all the time too.

Upvote 0