Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 refresh just delivered. Am I missing something?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of a 2021 Model S. Looking at the manua,it looks like the back truck is supposed to come with a privacy shield and a false bottom. Mine has neither. My earlier model S cam with both. Am I missing something?

here is a screenshot of the page from the manual.
9EC32AE9-2DF5-4695-A5B1-24A34C7868CD.png

Reactions: Nauvoo
I just took delivery of a 2021 Model S. Looking at the manua,it looks like the back truck is supposed to come with a privacy shield and a false bottom. Mine has neither. My earlier model S cam with both. Am I missing something?

here is a screenshot of the page from the manual. View attachment 697626
Yikes! I ordered my S LR on July 3 and it arrived at Scottsdale SC today, to my surprise. FAST! I hope they didn’t speed things up by leaving out parts …

Reactions: bananaheim
Upvote 0
No kidding. Just picked up my 2022 Model S and went through the vehicle. I opened the trunk and saw the well uncovered. I thought that cannot be right. So I took a picture and text to the delivery team. They told me to make a service appointment for a service center. Hopefully they have the courtesy to deliver that to my house instead. This is my 3rd Tesla. My first experience of missing parts for close to a $100K vehicle.
Service appointment is not until March 4. For goodness sake. What's wrong with Tesla?

Upvote 0
No kidding. Just picked up my 2022 Model S and went through the vehicle. I opened the trunk and saw the well uncovered. I thought that cannot be right. So I took a picture and text to the delivery team. They told me to make a service appointment for a service center. Hopefully they have the courtesy to deliver that to my house instead. This is my 3rd Tesla. My first experience of missing parts for close to a $100K vehicle.
Service appointment is not until March 4. For goodness sake. What's wrong with Tesla?
You’re not going to get any argument here that Tesla has mishandled the launch of the new Model S in many respects. Terrible communication about delays or missing parts, and the service center personnel are woefully ill equipped to deal with some of the technical issues that have arisen.

Upvote 0
Nice how they don’t even mention parts are missing too. They just leave you to find out on your own.

Upvote 0
You’re not going to get any argument here that Tesla has mishandled the launch of the new Model S in many respects. Terrible communication about delays or missing parts, and the service center personnel are woefully ill equipped to deal with some of the technical issues that have arisen.
You are right. I showed up. They had me scan me face on my iPhone 3 times, eSign everything and they told me go find my car in the lot. This is called Contactless delivery. At least for my son's Model Y, they drove it to him. Not anymore, I guess. If I haven't figure out how to adjust the mirrors or the controls, I could learn by viewing the tutoring on the screen. I was told to to make sure I viewed all the videos before showing up.

Upvote 0
I’m picking my LR up on Wednesday. Armed with a giant checklist of things to check.

Absolutely silly to have to do this for a 6-figure automobile. The whole “buy it before you sit in it” is a pretty buyer-hostile innovation that only encourages slipshod fit and finish.

I live in Greensboro NC, 80 miles from my closest service center (Raleigh). Going back and forth for nuisance fit and finish items is not an option.

Upvote 0
I’m picking my LR up on Wednesday. Armed with a giant checklist of things to check.

Absolutely silly to have to do this for a 6-figure automobile. The whole “buy it before you sit in it” is a pretty buyer-hostile innovation that only encourages slipshod fit and finish.

I live in Greensboro NC, 80 miles from my closest service center (Raleigh). Going back and forth for nuisance fit and finish items is not an option.
Congratulations. How long did you have to wait? At least you are getting a delivery. First thing to check is the cargo area cover. If you see a big hold in the trunk, the cover is missing. They now told me the part is "not available". You got to be kidding me. A fiber board, no chips, no electronics for a $100K car not available. It is universal color also, black. They may be too embarrassed to admit they screwed up and forgot to put it in. I am pretty lucky that they did not "forget" to put on a hub cap or something major. The exterior of the car is perfect. No paint chips, no misaligned fenders. This is supposed to be a high end car. They may be more careful.
If there is indeed a parts shortage, they could have left me a note where it belongs. I tend to think they just screwed up. We shall see how long it takes for them to fix up or fess up.

Upvote 0
Kinda like with FSD at $12k. Some get the impression that its literally Full Self Driving for that price. And then you get home with it and find out otherwise. Its the tech company way I guess? Pontiac and Buick never behaved like this. lol
My first Tesla was a 2014 Model S. I had to pay extra for the Auto Pilot which was not even available. I had no ideas what it would do other than a description. It took almost year before I got it. I had auto summon, self parking which Elon moved to the $12,000 FSD. I believe auto pilot is still called Beta. If a Beta lasts 8 years, it should at least turn to Delta or Omicron (LOL). I ordered my 2022 LR with no add-on. I knew I am getting 19" wheel. No ideas what kind or had a choice or how wide. When I got it, I see the rear tires are wider than the front (I hope it is not another screw up) and I got P-Zero which is high end. However I think there is a choice of Summer or All-Season tire but was never offered to me.

Upvote 0