Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just checking to see if you had posted yet if your date had move.
I just got my VIN and Vision Agreement! And my EDD shortened to 10/14-10/20.

I guess rotating the screen on my iPhone did the trick! ;)
Tesla Vision Agreement.png

Last edited:
My wife and I are currently about to have our 2nd Model 3 delivered on Saturday. I thought I would share a couple of points about our experience this time vs. the last time we bought our original Model 3 back in 2018.

First off, we first looked around at the different options that had become available this time around that simply weren't there back in 2018. We both went and test drove the Ford Mustang Mach-E and I went and test drove the Volkswagen ID4. Both were very good options but several things caused us to go right back to Tesla. The goal of her vehicle is to get one this time that we didn't have to sell within 2-3 years. Her first EV was the 2015 BMW i3 which had problem after problem and only lasted a year. Then her second was the 2019 Chevy Bolt, which you all know has had recall after recall over the fires.

This time around we wanted a vehicle that we could grow into, and keep long term. It didn't need to be a long range model as it would only be used mainly for commuting around town. Long distance trips we can take our 2018 long range version. It needed to be large enough to fit the four of us, yet small and nimble to zip around places and be easy to park for her. After the test drives of both the ID4 and Mach-E, we were back at Tesla. We decided to pull the plug on the SR+ model on July 18th, 2021.

We filled out the required information and changed it to a cash purchase as we weren't sure if we wanted to lease or finance it. And with the current wait time projected to be several months, didn't want several inquiries going on our credit. We then sat and waited with no communication whatsoever from Tesla or anyone until October 10th (with the exception on 1 text stating she was our advisor), when we got an email stating to make our final payment. Then on October 12th, we received another email to schedule our delivery.

This is when the hectic scrambling began to get everything in order. We applied for financing through our own bank and reached out to Tesla to change our order to a finance order. However, trying to get a hold of anyone is extremely difficult. We received approval and had the check in hand by the evening of October 13th. Our delivery is currently scheduled for October 16th in the evening, and we just placed the insurance on the VIN provided. I must say a couple of things about the process this time that we liked and disliked:

ENJOYED:
- A lot of the process is done through your online portal and don't need to talk or deal with anyone
- The vehicle is scheduled to be delivered to our home rather than having to go to the service center like last time
- Once again the no haggle purchase is preferred over the dealership model of haggling

DISLIKED:
- Lack of communication from anyone from the time we ordered until getting an email for final payment. Then you are required to schedule delivery within 3 days and get everything in order. We feel like they knew the car was coming a lot sooner than that and the fact that they give the car to others after those 3 days is a disappointment. They need to allow at least 1-2 weeks to get everything in order.
- Tesla finance, loan, and private loan options should be open the entire time so you can get the estimated payments and apply if need be without contacting your advisor.
- Need better tracking of your vehicle from the time its built, in transit, etc.

How the actual delivery goes should be interesting, especially if the car has defects and we wish to reject the car. We will keep you updated and you can always follow our EV journey on our website.

So, question because our tesla person said to look to get financing in order when you get the VIN number. Did you get the VIN email at the same time as the final payment email? (honestly curious)

- Lack of communication from anyone from the time we ordered until getting an email for final payment. Then you are required to schedule delivery within 3 days and get everything in order. We feel like they knew the car was coming a lot sooner than that and the fact that they give the car to others after those 3 days is a disappointment. They need to allow at least 1-2 weeks to get everything in order.

Reactions: Paul4343
Did you get the VIN email at the same time as the final payment email? (honestly curious)
I got no VIN email or payment email. Instead, I went to the Dashboard on the Tesla website and there saw the Vision Agreement, my VIN number, and shortened EDD. After I accepted the Vision Agreement, I was immediately prompted to make final payment-- which I won't do until delivery day.

Reactions: BnGrm
So, question because our tesla person said to look to get financing in order when you get the VIN number. Did you get the VIN email at the same time as the final payment email? (honestly curious)
Never got a VIN email. We got an email Sunday about final payment and then a text Tuesday about scheduling delivery. That's why we are sort of irritated we have like 4 days to get financing together.

I got no VIN email or payment email. Instead, I went to the Dashboard on the Tesla website and there saw the Vision Agreement, my VIN number, and shortened EDD. After I accepted the Vision Agreement, I was immediately prompted to make final payment-- which I won't do until delivery day.
Got my VIN first thing this morning. EDD narrowed to Oct 25 - 28

So now I’m curious how long before my EDD is a DD? I have to fly to Denver to pick up my car and would love to book those tickets sooner rather then later.
Yesterday my VIN and Vision Agreement appeared on the Tesla Dashboard web page. Woke up this morning to a text (and later email) asking me to choose a delivery date and time (and pay for the car). I was given a choice between three days next week, and scheduled the "touchless delivery" day/time from the web page.

Reactions: Fleg