Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It gets more difficult the closer EDD gets, doesn’t it…

Los Angeles here, ordered M3LR, DBM/Black, No FSD on 09/11, lease changed to loan via phone on 09/15. EDD has bounced all around but seems to have settled now on 10/20-11/16. Like the poster above, the beginning of the window has jumped up a few times with the end window date remaining. Gives me hope He’ll arrive on or before Halloween.

If he arrives on Halloween, his name shall be Jack (of the Skellington varietal).

Reactions: Paul4343
White / Black / 19” / No FSD

Order Date: 9/29/2021
EDD: 11/16 - 12/18

Never any delivery changes. I filled out my Financing paperwork, this might have been a mistake. I used the Tesla recommended Credit Union, I was approved, and they need the MVPA. You only get the MVPA when you have a VIN. I have the MVOA, but this does not count. I’m hoping that I get an update within the 60 day window.

Hopefully some updates soon! Reading your guys EDD’s and exicitement has kept me busy and kept my mind off my order.

I have an EDD of December 1-24. I just found out I am going to be out of town for all of December for work training.

I've heard they don't like "holding" vehicles anymore with how much they are selling. If I asked them to put me back at the bottom of the list, do you think I would loose the year of connectivity?

Ordered M3 LR on 9/11
MSM/Black/18”
Delivery Location: CA / Sacramento
No VIN yet
EDD has bounced around constantly, but more recently they haven't been pushing out the end date and instead just pushing back the start date.

From keeping up on this thread for the past few weeks, I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to any of this. People ordering after my order date have received cars already and there are others who have seemingly had open orders for months on end. At the end of the day seems to be the lottery :)

What's your current EDD?

I'm in the Bay and have the same spec as you. OD was 9/12. My current EDD is 10/27 - 11/16 (it's been like this for weeks since after Q3 end)

Signing off on the waiting group. My TIE-Fighter arrived today. Only some minor panel adjustments, so first service is scheduled. Stay strong, your day will come.

O/D - 9/5
Delivery - 10/19

IMG_1142.jpeg

Today was delivery day! Just back from a 7 hour round trip to the nearest dealer in Portland, Oregon (at least until they finally open the new dealership in my home town around the end of this year).

My car was in perfect condition with no panel gaps or other obvious issues other than two pieces of green tape and one smudge on headliner, which Tesla easily remedied in 2 minutes. They even helped me look for panel gaps and paint swirls. The staff in Portland was very friendly and helpful, however brief my interactions with them were.

I did have a problem getting the Tesla app to recognize my car. The app just kept displaying a totally black screen. I tried force-quitting the app on my iPhone and launching it again (multiple times). But ultimately, the fix was to delete the app and download a fresh copy-- which then worked flawlessly.

On drive back, I got a "turn signal fault" warning, so I scheduled a mobile service appointment to fix that next week and install the HomeLink garage door opener at the same time.

The car was a blast to drive home around the twisty turny sections of my trip. One pedal driving is a complete game changer on these kinds of roads; no more switching between acceleration and braking-- just ease off the accelerator slightly when approaching the curve, then pedal down again to power through the corner. It was a little funny watching the brake lights of the cars ahead of me. And the low center of gravity keeps the Model 3 well-planted and confident in the turns-- even better than the Audi A4 Allroad (in sport mode) that I came from. As you all know: Tesla acceleration is smooth and instant; perfect for passing people quickly to avert danger.

Coming from a vehicle with Apple CarPlay, I was a little apprehensive about how to get my carefully curated personal music playlists working on the Tesla. But Bluetooth streaming from the phone to the car is actually quite good. The audio quality/fidelity is excellent, with all songs in the current playlist displayed on the Tesla screen along with album art, and switching tracks works as you would expect. The only downside is not being able to browse/choose playlists using the large, gorgeous Tesla screen. But Apple's Siri works just fine for requesting a specific playlist (from either my iPhone or Apple Watch). Perhaps someday Tesla will add Apple Music as an audio source, but in the interim, Bluetooth streaming from the iPhone is pretty painless and effective.

I also did not miss Apple Carplay's Maps navigation feature all all. Tesla's navigation is top-notch; made even better with Supercharger waypoint integration-- although, I did not have to use a Supercharger on this 3+ hour trip home. I arrived home with 25% battery remaining. The dealer had charged my car to 90% before I arrived for delivery.

All in all, it took just over 8 weeks from order date to delivery. I can certainly relate to (and commiserate with) many folks in this forum having uncertainly about un/changing EDDs (mine sporadically changed nearly a dozen times over two months, it fits and starts). But as others in this forum have consistently said: this is well worth the wait, folks. The driving is exhilarating, exciting, yet strangely serene.

OK, time to move out this waiting room and into the "Parts for Sale" forum and find some winter tires and rims. My best to all of you, and welcome to the club!

And, yeah, I realize that the accompaning photos are not the most flattering view of my new car. But that's where they parked it, so that's where we first photographed it. Plus: I was too into the inspection at that point.

My best to all of you. Thanks to others in my cohort who helped me get through the last two months of waiting.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    360.4 KB · Views: 73
Today was delivery day! Just back from a 7 hour round trip to the nearest dealer in Portland, Oregon (at least until they finally open the new dealership in my home town around the end of this year).

My car was in perfect condition with no panel gaps or other obvious issues other than two pieces of green tape and one smudge on headliner, which Tesla easily remedied in 2 minutes. They even helped me look for panel gaps and paint swirls. The staff in Portland was very friendly and helpful, however brief my interactions with them were.

I did have a problem getting the Tesla app to recognize my car. The app just kept displaying a totally black screen. I tried force-quitting the app on my iPhone and launching it again (multiple times). But ultimately, the fix was to delete the app and download a fresh copy-- which then worked flawlessly.

On drive back, I got a "turn signal fault" warning, so I scheduled a mobile service appointment to fix that next week and install the HomeLink garage door opener at the same time.

The car was a blast to drive home around the twisty turny sections of my trip. One pedal driving is a complete game changer on these kinds of roads; no more switching between acceleration and braking-- just ease off the accelerator slightly when approaching the curve, then pedal down again to power through the corner. It was a little funny watching the brake lights of the cars ahead of me. And the low center of gravity keeps the Model 3 well-planted and confident in the turns-- even better than the Audi A4 Allroad (in sport mode) that I came from. As you all know: Tesla acceleration is smooth and instant; perfect for passing people quickly to avert danger.

Coming from a vehicle with Apple CarPlay, I was a little apprehensive about how to get my carefully curated personal music playlists working on the Tesla. But Bluetooth streaming from the phone to the car is actually quite good. The audio quality/fidelity is excellent, with all songs in the current playlist displayed on the Tesla screen along with album art, and switching tracks works as you would expect. The only downside is not being able to browse/choose playlists using the large, gorgeous Tesla screen. But Apple's Siri works just fine for requesting a specific playlist (from either my iPhone or Apple Watch). Perhaps someday Tesla will add Apple Music as an audio source, but in the interim, Bluetooth streaming from the iPhone is pretty painless and effective.

I also did not miss Apple Carplay's Maps navigation feature all all. Tesla's navigation is top-notch; made even better with Supercharger waypoint integration-- although, I did not have to use a Supercharger on this 3+ hour trip home. I arrived home with 25% battery remaining. The dealer had charged my car to 90% before I arrived for delivery.

All in all, it took just over 8 weeks from order date to delivery. I can certainly relate to (and commiserate with) many folks in this forum having uncertainly about un/changing EDDs (mine sporadically changed nearly a dozen times over two months, it fits and starts). But as others in this forum have consistently said: this is well worth the wait, folks. The driving is exhilarating, exciting, yet strangely serene.

OK, time to move out this waiting room and into the "Parts for Sale" forum and find some winter tires and rims. My best to all of you, and welcome to the club!

And, yeah, I realize that the accompaning photos are not the most flattering view of my new car. But that's where they parked it, so that's where we first photographed it. Plus: I was too into the inspection at that point.

My best to all of you. Thanks to others in my cohort who helped me get through the last two months of waiting.
Great looking car! Thank you for sharing the pics as well as your impressions.

Blue / White / 19” / No FSD

Order Date: 9/4/2021
EDD: 11/16 - 12/14

This order has been a whirlwind. We ordered 9/4 and on 9/24 were alerted our vehicle was ready to schedule delivery. It then turned out that a mistake was made and it was someone else’s car (they changed something on an order and their car was then going to us). Tesla then advised of the problem and our delivery window was pushed back. Our window has gone from last week of Sept, to October, and now the current range. I am thinking when the mistake was made late Sept it put us to the end of the list? No VIN yet. Just wanted to provide our experience so far and once there is an update I’ll report back. 😂

Does CA have a quicker delivery date than other states? Debating ordering and getting an LR before CCFR goes down.
I am no expert but prior to the end of the last quarter there was discussion that people closer to the factory had production pushed out closer to the end of the quarter (due to the transit time being much less and their trying to maximize deliveries to meet quarter goals). I have no clue whether that is true in aggregate beyond a few data points we had in the forum.

Hello Everyone! My original DD was 12/1 - 12/31 moved to 11/15 - 12/01 and is now steady at 10/31 - 12/01.

I emailed a local advisor to inquire about any internal DD movement as well as VIN info. This was her response below.

“Based on current factory estimates, we are expecting your vehicle’s arrival early November. Please keep in mind this is estimated timeline and is subject to change.

You can expect to receive your vehicle’s VIN closer to your delivery timeline (early November).”

I hope this info helps… everyones posts in this chat room have been very helpful to me. Thank you!

Hi Folks... New member from Chandler AZ and first post here. Just adding myself to the queue...
  • Order Date: 10/5/2021
  • Picking up in Mesa AZ
  • Model 3 LR/Pearl White/Dark Interior/19" Sport Wheels
  • Current EDD: 11/8 to 12/6
  • Still no VIN
  • Already collecting accessories while waiting (pedals, trunk mat, console trays, etc.)
Long story short... I made the "mistake" of test-driving a Model 3 Performance and a Model Y Long Range AWD. Immediately convinced, no turning back after that, and we placed our on-line order just hours later. We opted for the Model 3 because it fits our needs better, and the LR because I have no need for the upgraded Performance hardware (long history with Honda/Acura with mods, but settling into retirement now). I'll be looking into the Acceleration Boost upgrade once we receive the car, though... Hope it remains available until then.

Okay, it's already 10am and I've only checked my order management page 7 times today. I think I'll go and take a look for updates again...

Hope everyone has a great day!

White / Black / 19” / No FSD

Order Date: 9/29/2021
EDD: 11/16 - 12/18

Never any delivery changes. I filled out my Financing paperwork, this might have been a mistake. I used the Tesla recommended Credit Union, I was approved, and they need the MVPA. You only get the MVPA when you have a VIN. I have the MVOA, but this does not count. I’m hoping that I get an update within the 60 day window.

Hopefully some updates soon! Reading your guys EDD’s and exicitement has kept me busy and kept my mind off my order.
I got a call today from my destination advisor! He just wanted to reach out and introduce himself while also gathering information on my plate transfer.

He said my account was as complete as it could be while still having no VIN.

I didn’t get any internal update on my EDD. But he said it should be within my 60 day window.

Reactions: Paul4343 and NQRDDS
I scheduled my model 3 delivery to be on 10/15 Fri. I asked a leave from work to get ready to pick up the tesla. But then the service center called 4 hours prior to the appointment, saying the car did not pass inspection and rescheduled me for the following Tuesday 10/19, I said OK even though I was not happy about it. A day later, on Sat 10/16, they called again saying the car will be available on Wed 10/20.
On 10/19, one day prior to delivery, they called once more saying the car is not ready. And reschduled me AGAIN for 10/24, Sunday. A couple of hours after this call, I went to check the website on my car's status, It is now saying 10/25.......

They reschduled me four times within five days. I asked twice on the phone about what's wrong with the car. The service advisor kept saying there's nothing wrong with the car. It just did not pass inspection, and with lots of new cars being delivered, they needed to push mine back.

Anyone have any clues about what's happening?

Congratulations!

Reactions: Paul4343 and lifjoy