Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery this morning of a 2021 LR AWD Blue/Black. On Saturday we agreed to a delivery window of 10:00-12:00, the guy called at 10:05 to confirm my address. He drove up 11 minutes later which is legitimately how long the drive would take if he left right away, so +1 for that experience. Unfortunately it was drizzling when he pulled up so hard to look over paint. The only thing I could see wrong was a wee scratch in the front passenger door handle that he acknowledged.

Timeline:
3/26/21: ordered
4/1/21: received delivery estimate of 6/8 - 6/28
4/3/21: received call of "we have a car", had a VIN 15 minutes later
4/7/21: happy
Sorta similar:
3/27/21: ordered 2021 LR AWD Grey/White
3/30/21: given appointment for next day delivery of 3/31/21 (but I couldn't do it because of work)
3/31/21: car was released to another customer; now delivery estimate became mid-April to end of June
4/2/21: Given VIN number, told delivery will arrive in a few days
4/10/21: Appointment to pick up car (I moved it back a couple of days for work)

Perhaps the estimate for deliveries in June might be Tesla just being cautious.

Hello everyone! My first post...

Placed a custom order for new Model 3 on 4/7/21. Estimated Delivery: June 01 - June 30 to Costa Mesa, CA.
Long Range, Blue with Black, 18", without FSD.

I have completed all sections in "Prepare for Delivery" except have not yet submitted the credit application for loan in Payment Method section. From what I've read, believe I should wait to apply until 30-60 days before estimated delivery, so plan on applying for loan around 5/15/21 unless I'm advised differently and/or my delivery date changes.

Placed a custom order for new Model 3 on 4/7/21. Estimated Delivery: June 01 - June 30 to Costa Mesa, CA.

I have completed all sections in "Prepare for Delivery" except have not yet submitted the credit application for loan in Payment Method section. From what I've read, believe I should wait to apply until 30-60 days before estimated delivery, so plan on applying for loan around 5/15/21 unless I'm advised differently and/or my delivery date changes.
My delivery date is a little earlier than yours. But I can’t complete the insurance part because there’s no vin.

My delivery date is a little earlier than yours. But I can’t complete the insurance part because there’s no vin.
I just put in our current insurance policy that its going to replace and the phone number and policy number is the next step. I imagine they will understand we will need to update the VIN when they actually assign one but perhaps that's incorrect.

Reactions: EVxdream

hi there. welcome :)
i too am a new comer.

with regards to your financing application, i experience some sort of anxiety when, after all ive applied and ordered my m3 lr (im still waiting for it), i realized that there will be a waiting game.

at first, i read that the application was only good for 30 days, then 60 days... but a few days ago, i searched tesla's website and found that it is now 90 days for both financing and leasing. Thank God cuz i was already approved and if the delivery date became so late and my approval were to get withdrawn, id hate to reapply again.

tbh, i wanted to apply asap so to get that part out of the way. i think, as long as the timeline of your application is within the estimated delivery time frame, you should be good. with 90 days, i think you'll be safe :).

best of luck

Reactions: Willy’sEV
I am learning quick to not look at estimated delivery date.. it changes daily and often by more than a month.

It started as April 17 - May 7, then started shifting back every day.. then suddenly became May 25-June 14. A few days later it was April 22 - May 4.. and a few days after that back to May 24 - June 12.. Today it changed to May 30-June 19th.

When I ordered it was 1 - 8 week estimated. (last week of march)..

I am assuming this is normal and the 'estimations' are more of a joke than anything? Seen people have a June estimate in here get theirs in less than a couple weeks... I'm in Ontario, Canada.. ordered a M3 LR Blue/black on 18th with FSD.

Funny thing is they give you an estimate on trade that they obviously don't want you to take.. valid for 7 days and lowballed by over 6 grand. :) Sold it privately based on the April 17-May 7th estimate.. Now realizing I should have waited till I got a VIN at least.. Found this forum too late and took tesla's estimate as being accurate. Whoops...

Looking forward to it though. Will be installing a 60A service and bought a Gen2 wall charger from a friend. Suspect I will buy the AB pretty quick..

Reactions: Jejunjm
I am learning quick to not look at estimated delivery date.. it changes daily and often by more than a month.

It started as April 17 - May 7, then started shifting back every day.. then suddenly became May 25-June 14. A few days later it was April 22 - May 4.. and a few days after that back to May 24 - June 12.. Today it changed to May 30-June 19th.

When I ordered it was 1 - 8 week estimated. (last week of march)..

I am assuming this is normal and the 'estimations' are more of a joke than anything? Seen people have a June estimate in here get theirs in less than a couple weeks... I'm in Ontario, Canada.. ordered a M3 LR Blue/black on 18th with FSD.

Funny thing is they give you an estimate on trade that they obviously don't want you to take.. valid for 7 days and lowballed by over 6 grand. :) Sold it privately based on the April 17-May 7th estimate.. Now realizing I should have waited till I got a VIN at least.. Found this forum too late and took tesla's estimate as being accurate. Whoops...

Looking forward to it though. Will be installing a 60A service and bought a Gen2 wall charger from a friend. Suspect I will buy the AB pretty quick..
If it's any consolation, I ordered the last day of March (M3 LR Blue, white interior, 18"), got an "8-12 weeks" estimate, which changed to "May 24 - June 14", where it's been stuck now for more than a week. No VIN issued yet. So, yes, the delivery estimates seem to be more guesses than estimates. I'm in South Carolina, by the way, near Charleston.

Sorry, acronym.. that's the Acceleration Boost. puts the M3 LR closer to the M3 Performance in acceleration.. it's an option you can buy.. Moves the 0-60 from 4.4 seconds to the 3.8 / 3.7 range.. changes the modes from 'chill/standard' to 'chill/sport'.. supposedly adds an extra 50hp and sport has a different acceleration curve.
No, no AB on my order but always glad to learn of a new option/acronym!

Thanks, we should start a thread with all the acronyms and abbreviations.

Been wondering about what's going on with Tesla production and stumbled across this thread. Here's my info

M3LR / Midnight Silver / Black interior / 17" Aero / No FSD
Ordered 3/23, located in Denver
Current Estimated delivery May 25 - Jun 14

My date was May 14 - Jun 08 until about Tuesday and then it changed to Jun 10 - Jun 30. It updated today to my current delivery status. I havent spoken with my SA since Mon but he was confident that I would have delivery by the end of May. But I did not ask about shortages or what makes him believe that will happen. Weird to see some others get deliveries and VINs on more recent orders than mine.