Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Tesla 3 long range on April 4th. My date of delivery has also been changing on almost a daily basis. Right now its projecting May 24th for the earliest and June 13th for the latest. This will be my first electric car! So exciting...

Are there any refreshes that my car should have based on that date? Just curious as I've heard Tesla is continually adding stuff to it.

I ordered my Tesla 3 long range on April 4th. My date of delivery has also been changing on almost a daily basis. Right now its projecting May 24th for the earliest and June 13th for the latest. This will be my first electric car! So exciting...

Are there any refreshes that my car should have based on that date? Just curious as I've heard Tesla is continually adding stuff to it.
Congrats. The most recent tweak was adding interior accent color to the door panels. But a few months back, there was a slew of adds. The addition of the heat pump will be one of the biggest one for you and any of us in areas with cold weather. Should get you better range in the cold.

Anyone else having trouble logging into the Tesla site to see delivery date?
Yup. Last night around 10pm est.
1st it said service temporarily unavailable , then next, my car turned blue from white. Then car manage button disappeared, then finally, fixed. Down for about <5mins

Woke up to a vin number, ordered 3/26.
Congrats man! Ordered 3/28, no vin just yet.

I am learning quick to not look at estimated delivery date.. it changes daily and often by more than a month.

It started as April 17 - May 7, then started shifting back every day.. then suddenly became May 25-June 14. A few days later it was April 22 - May 4.. and a few days after that back to May 24 - June 12.. Today it changed to May 30-June 19th.

When I ordered it was 1 - 8 week estimated. (last week of march)..

I am assuming this is normal and the 'estimations' are more of a joke than anything? Seen people have a June estimate in here get theirs in less than a couple weeks... I'm in Ontario, Canada.. ordered a M3 LR Blue/black on 18th with FSD.

Funny thing is they give you an estimate on trade that they obviously don't want you to take.. valid for 7 days and lowballed by over 6 grand. :) Sold it privately based on the April 17-May 7th estimate.. Now realizing I should have waited till I got a VIN at least.. Found this forum too late and took tesla's estimate as being accurate. Whoops...

Looking forward to it though. Will be installing a 60A service and bought a Gen2 wall charger from a friend. Suspect I will buy the AB pretty quick..
Hey! Congrats on the new purchase :) It's awesome to see another future Tesla owner from Ontario. Im from Barrie myself. I ordered a white Tesla 3 LR on April 4th. My current delivery date is pegged for May 24th to June 13th right now and has held steady for the last few days. Before that it was changing almost everyday haha.

They also lowballed me on my trade in. I had two private offers $1200+ higher than the Tesla quote. Another dealership in Toronto offer me $1800 more so Im going to go with that one.

I had a master electrician come to my house to upgrade me to 200amps as well as install the dryer plug in the garage. I felt the existing 100amps was too risky because I have a hot tub, electric fireplace, chest freezer, appliances, etc. Thankfully he is a family friend and gave me a killer deal (75% cheaper than most quotes I had). For now I think I will just get the converter cable from Tesla for $50 and eventually look into the Gen2 wall charger down the road.

Reactions: EVxdream
Hey! Congrats on the new purchase :) It's awesome to see another future Tesla owner from Ontario. Im from Barrie myself. I ordered a white Tesla 3 LR on April 4th. My current delivery date is pegged for May 24th to June 13th right now and has held steady for the last few days. Before that it was changing almost everyday haha.

They also lowballed me on my trade in. I had two private offers $1200+ higher than the Tesla quote. Another dealership in Toronto offer me $1800 more so Im going to go with that one.

I had a master electrician come to my house to upgrade me to 200amps as well as install the dryer plug in the garage. I felt the existing 100amps was too risky because I have a hot tub, electric fireplace, chest freezer, appliances, etc. Thankfully he is a family friend and gave me a killer deal (75% cheaper than most quotes I had). For now I think I will just get the converter cable from Tesla for $50 and eventually look into the Gen2 wall charger down the road.
Nice. my delivery date is May 24 - June 13 now as well. :)

I can't upgrade to 200A since my wires come from the back of my property in the air.. but the city looked at my line and stated that the max loading they saw was 10A. Pool is 15a max, drier is only used Sunday afternoons, stove. once a day at 5pm max.. I shouldn't have any load issues. Worst case I can get one of these (DCC-10-60A-3R) to make sure I don't overload my main. (it measures main current and disengages as needed).

Sold the truck when they were still showing april delivery.. seems as soon as I sold it the date moved to the end of may..

from ontario too ! cant wait to be an owner :) my date had been steady for weeks now. cant wait. may 26-june15.
and man, that 75% cheaper quote, what i would do to get something similar to that deal hahahahaha i'm still planning on how to go about doing mine.

Dates have been all over this quarter! Last quarter (before I put my order on hold), my window started as March 15-31, and then got narrower and narrower within that range before I was matched ~March 27 (which is when I unfortunately had to put it on hold).

This quarter, I saw May 9-29, then applied for financing and it jumped to June 1-30, and is now at May 10-30. Not sure what to expect now..

Reactions: J_Nixon
Placed order April 15th. Thought I might as well record it in this thread for posterity. I am in NJ and am waiting on July first rebate coming back and I think my SA understood that well as my date has always been "6th to 27th of June". Which is pretty much where I want it to be.

Placed order April 15th. Thought I might as well record it in this thread for posterity. I am in NJ and am waiting on July first rebate coming back and I think my SA understood that well as my date has always been "6th to 27th of June". Which is pretty much where I want it to be.
Im in Jersey as well, if I get the car before July, I miss out on the rebate correct? Do we know for sure there will be a rebate, the bill was introduced in February but nothing happened since.

Im in Jersey as well, if I get the car before July, I miss out on the rebate correct? Do we know for sure there will be a rebate, the bill was introduced in February but nothing happened since.
Correct. It's 100% sure you do NOT get the rebate if you get your car before July 1st.

The bill was introduced in 2019. It's a 330M investment of 33M per year over 10 years. What happened in Feb was the "cancellation" of 2021 budget year program due to running out of funds and picking where to draw the line (from Jan 17th 2020 to dec 15th 2020 rather than the budget years of July 1st to June 30th).

The only things we know for sure about 2021 rebate is that a) it will not start before July 1st and b) that it's a POS rebate (so applied by the dealership). I personally took the chance that ordering before would make me still eligeable if I only get delivered after July 1st. There is a thread in the Model Y forum with more details.