Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My estimated delivery date changed this morning too from 12/3-12/31 to 12/20-12/31. I was pretty excited to see something moving with my account since there's been no change since 10/28 when I ordered. That changed again this afternoon when I got THE email! Logged in and saw a sweet shiny VIN and a request for final payment! Date changed again which is now 12/10-12/16. 5-11 days to go!

White/black AWD on 18's - ordered on 10/28

• Love
Reactions: Discoducky
My estimated delivery date changed this morning too from 12/3-12/31 to 12/20-12/31. I was pretty excited to see something moving with my account since there's been no change since 10/28 when I ordered. That changed again this afternoon when I got THE email! Logged in and saw a sweet shiny VIN and a request for final payment! Date changed again which is now 12/10-12/16. 5-11 days to go!

White/black AWD on 18's - ordered on 10/28

congrats!!! Mine got pushed today as well to 12/10-12/30 but nothing yet for a vin. Hope I get lucky as you!

my delivery date keeps updating to (Today's date) - December 11

and i am totally accepting the same fate as you

my best guess - VIN in the next two weeks, then pick up either xmas week or last week of december
Yeah they pushed up my date a few weeks ago and the current day just kept updating and now we're here and nothing. I'm hoping to get a VIN next week (or the week after at the latest) and pickup 1-2 days later. Just frustrating because the only info I have is wrong. As I've learned they don't even start intentionally shipping to the west coast until the end of each quarter (which I have so many problems with from a customer experience POV).

Good luck tho! Hopefully most Oct/Nov west coast orders are met before Christmas.

Now it says December 5 (todays date, changes every day) to December 17th.

I am not getting any updates, other than the text I received last wednesday saying that I would receive the car 3-5weeks from the day of the text. At this point, I cant really believe anything Tesla says lol... honestly, I am thinking about canceling the car and just go with RAV4 Prime.

LOS ANGELES

Any suggestions?

I am not getting any updates, other than the text I received last wednesday saying that I would receive the car 3-5weeks from the day of the text. At this point, I cant really believe anything Tesla says lol... honestly, I am thinking about canceling the car and just go with RAV4 Prime.

LOS ANGELES

Any suggestions?

you waited this long.....we will for sure get it towards end of the month

whats a couple more weeks

at least you got some form of communication from TESLA

i ordered oct 10 and nothing....im wondering if they even know i exist

LOS ANGELES

Any suggestions?
I didn't even get a text message that a lot of folks here seem to get 2-5 weeks before delivery. Which makes me nervous and think I will have to wait another 2 weeks after I get it. Or maybe I won't get it like some and my VIN will just appear one day. It doesn't have to be this chaotic. I'm also in Los Angeles btw.

Ordered Oct. 3 - Est Delivery Day - Dec. 5 - Dec. 5

I didn't even get a text message that a lot of folks here seem to get 2-5 weeks before delivery. Which makes me nervous and think I will have to wait another 2 weeks after I get it. Or maybe I won't get it like some and my VIN will just appear one day. It doesn't have to be this chaotic. I'm also in Los Angeles btw.

have you tried calling?

when i initially ordered, i was assigned a leftover 2020 VIN within hours. i had to call and have them "unmatch" me from any VIN until november/december timeframe. i only called one other time when the SA told me to finish the loan application online which was around 11/11.

im thinking everything is just business as usual with you, but i would give them a call just to make sure there's nothing missing or "held up" on your account

Yeah, Tesla needs to improve their communication. This is absurd... hope you get something soon... keep us posted.

• Love
Reactions: inspace2020
you waited this long.....we will for sure get it towards end of the month

whats a couple more weeks

at least you got some form of communication from TESLA

i ordered oct 10 and nothing....im wondering if they even know i exist

I guess your right... Hopefully, they can send me something by next week. :( I never thought buying a car would be this hard. Tempted to go to Toyota in front of my house and walk out with it lol.

I'm not asking to be coddled, but just for basic communication. If it's gonna be late, tell me. If you have an estimated delivery set, try to hit it and if you can't, make sure your SA's reach out and explain why to customers. Basic stuff. I'm sure I'll forget about most of this whenever I get the car but sheesh this is a rough initial experience. Elon would not enjoy buying a Tesla from his company.

The short answer is that they don't know. They have one factory serving most of the world outside of China and they are getting on average over 1,000 new orders every day. They are under pressure from Wall street to deliver every car in the same quarter it was made because cars produced but not delivered hit the bottom line. They make cars in batches based on region for this reason and they have to make daily decisions on to allocate the days production in an effort to keep wait times roughly consistent. This makes predictions for specific orders difficult. This will continue until the Austin and Berlin factories come online late next year. I think they are doing great given the rate of growth.

I ordered my 2021 Model 3 LR on October 21. My initial estimate was November 23-December 23rd. Then it got updated to November 23-December 3rd and I got excited. Then it changed to <current date>-December 23 and has been that way since. I am confident that I will get my car by December 23, but I don't expect to get a VIN until I'm a couple of days from delivery since I'm in the Bay area. My trade in has expired once but luckily they gave me the same number when I renewed it. It is what it is, but the product is worth it.

Last edited:
Well this is new. Maybe they are updating it as I check? Haha.

Attachments

• 28954A0B-18C6-4BE2-9002-4396316A070D.jpeg
    28954A0B-18C6-4BE2-9002-4396316A070D.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 73