Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A question that's been asked about 1000 times. I have a VIN and my EDD shows 6/20-6/26, but I've not been contacted at all about scheduling delivery. How will I be contacted...phone, text, email? And, how soon? I'll be in the EDD window by Sunday!?
I wasn't ever contacted, I reached out proactively. Process went like this:

- Received an email early this morning from Tesla to "review and approve my Tesla financing"
- Clicked the link in the email and was taken to my account page on the Tesla website where I was given the Tesla Vision notice to accept
- I was not prompted to review or approve any financing info, email was a bit misleading there
- Once I saw my VIN, I called my insurance company and added the VIN to my policy and got an ID card
- Uploaded the ID card to my account page
- Called the Service Center that will be handling delivery, selected option 4 for delivery questions, and told the guy that answered that I just got my VIN and would like to schedule delivery
- SA took my phone number, confirmed the car will be there tomorrow (Friday) and scheduled my delivery for Noon on Saturday. He noted that I might be able to pick it up on Friday depending on what time it arrived.

I just checked the account page again, and was prompted to submit my down payment, which I did susccesfully. I never got a text or email to do so. Once I made the payment, my delivery date was updated on the website to 6/19 at Noon.

My order is also Burbank. Also 6/18 - 6/30 as of this morning, which was 6/17 - 6/30 yesterday. THREE Burbank orders with the same EDD. At least they're consistent. Maybe we'll get our VIN this weekend and take delivery late next week?
Mine is also Burbank 6/19-6/30 my coworker ordered her SR+ 5/02 her EDD was 6/16- 6/24 and got her Vin on the 16. makes me hopeful we will get ours next week. i also called my SA she told me there were no LRs in any inventory and doesn't know when any will become available, the doubt comes back in. Dark cloud hovers over :confused:

Mine is also Burbank 6/19-6/30 my coworker ordered her SR+ 5/02 her EDD was 6/16- 6/24 and got her Vin on the 16. makes me hopeful we will get ours next week. i also called my SA she told me there were no LRs in any inventory and doesn't know when any will become available, the doubt comes back in. Dark cloud hovers over :confused:
I ordered a LR in Burbank (5/14 order date) and I got my VIN yesterday so not sure how true it is that they have no inventory...

Just an update on my car. They had originally scheduled to deliver to my place on Sunday between 9 am - 6 pm, which is a bit ridiculous especially on Father's day. I'm not sure why they felt that was a good idea to have me wait around. Anyway, I asked to pick it up at Buena Park and he said "Just to set expectations, we won't have anyone there to address any concerns you might have about the car in case that's why you want to pick it up. Any issues will require a service scheduled."

Great customer service, if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Reactions: techlogik
Someone did a study based on the spreadsheet and found that white was like 40-50%, MSM was like 20%, blue was similar, and red/black were like 10%

I see some weird patterns here locally and these are just my perceived numbers. If it's a Model 3 it's 80% likely to be white and also not a performance version.

If it's a Model Y, it's 80% likely to be black and a performance version. Can't even recall the last time I've seen a Model Y that wasn't a performance.

If it's a Model S it's 90% likely to be Red, can't recall seeing a non-Red one anytime recently

Seeing a lot of people talking about getting the Model 3 Accessories email... curious - y'all getting that email today, or is there a correlation between people getting that email and then your VIN XX days/weeks/months/years later?
Haven't seen people say there's a trend between receiving the accessories email and getting a VIN/Delivery some time after. My order date and build are very similar to yours. Ordered on 6/3 and my EDD starts 6/19.

Seeing a lot of people talking about getting the Model 3 Accessories email... curious - y'all getting that email today, or is there a correlation between people getting that email and then your VIN XX days/weeks/months/years later?
I wondered the exact same thing. I just got my accessories email and my EDD is close. I noticed some people got their accessories email on the 15th. Wonder if they will get their VIN two days before I get mine. Would be interesting if they have some automated email that is sent out X days before receiving your VIN or before delivery.

Reactions: greymatter73
I wondered the exact same thing. I just got my accessories email and my EDD is close. I noticed some people got their accessories email on the 15th. Wonder if they will get their VIN two days before I get mine. Would be interesting if they have some automated email that is sent out X days before receiving your VIN or before delivery.
That's what I was thinking... if that's the case, my accessory email came at 10am this morning. A few hours before that, my EDD got moved from June 30-July 20 to June 21-June 30. 🤞

FWIW it seems like those of us who ordered white are delayed more than those who chose a color.
I feel like every color would say this exact same thing. As a person who has ordered blue, I feel like almost all of the first wave of cars from early June were white but have seen very few blue deliveries overall. The last flyover video of the factory shows a ton of blue/black/MSM cars sitting in their lot which would support this since the whites have mostly been delivered already.

If you ordered later maybe you guys missed the whites for this quarter. If you are an earlier order, well your guess is as good as anyone's.