Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a blue in inventory right now!!! Hurry!!
So confused as to why these are showing up in inventory rather than assigned VIN's to people.. makes no sense to me that they can be snatched up when there are tons of orders for the exact vehicle in line.

Reactions: jrmt23
I was wondering the same thing. I saw my exact build for <5 min and then it was gone! 😭
You and I have the same build. I may have to base my delivery date around yours, then. You ordered exactly 2 days before myself, but you are a bit further west of me. EDD has been at Sep 18-30th for about a week now. It was around August for a while then suddenly September, then thats been it for about 2 weeks or so.

So confused as to why these are showing up in inventory rather than assigned VIN's to people.. makes no sense to me that they can be snatched up when there are tons of orders for the exact vehicle in line.
My guess is buyer either rejected or cancelled (or Tesla mis-shipped it) and nobody else has that same config + pickup location on order. Why would Tesla relocate a car when it’ll sell in 5min anyway with buyer covering transportation cost?
Not saying it’s the right thing to do, but id bet that’s whats happening…

You and I have the same build. I may have to base my delivery date around yours, then. You ordered exactly 2 days before myself, but you are a bit further west of me. EDD has been at Sep 18-30th for about a week now. It was around August for a while then suddenly September, then thats been it for about 2 weeks or so.
My EDD isn't all that promising right now. It's been a couple days of sitting at September 08 - September 28 now.

I had an August date last week that matched some of the Texas folks in the Performance waiting room, then I lost it :(.

Maybe my last post on this thread. Picked up this morning. My wife and I spent 20 minutes going over every inch of the car three or four times. We pointed out every little scratch and nick that we could find. The service folks said no problem, gave it a quick detail, and the car was perfect. No gaps, no rattles, no misalignment. After all that time, we could not find anything at all that required service. And after 50 miles behind the wheel, still no problems. This was a car purchased from inventory that I found last week by hitting F5 on this thread - thank you to those who contribute.

What I am getting at is this - be excited for your new car. Be very excited.

Maybe my last post on this thread. Picked up this morning. My wife and I spent 20 minutes going over every inch of the car three or four times. We pointed out every little scratch and nick that we could find. The service folks said no problem, gave it a quick detail, and the car was perfect. No gaps, no rattles, no misalignment. After all that time, we could not find anything at all that required service. And after 50 miles behind the wheel, still no problems. This was a car purchased from inventory that I found last week by hitting F5 on this thread - thank you to those who contribute.

What I am getting at is this - be excited for your new car. Be very excited.
Hows the door handles? The only semi-recurring build quality issue I've seen on the forums is some recessed door handles that need a little tweaking, but thats about it.

So anyone have any cool accessories?

My EDD isn't all that promising right now. It's been a couple days of sitting at September 08 - September 28 now.

I had an August date last week that matched some of the Texas folks in the Performance waiting room, then I lost it :(.
I assume once EoQ ramps up that these dates will shift back to the left slightly and may end up being the actual dates. The 7-11 week delivery window was about accurate to mid september.

Welp, crushing reality of a September date is setting in.

I went from having a August 3rd - Mid August date and it kept slipping by one day for the next few days.

Checked this morning and it's now saying Sep 3 - Sep 23rd.

Ordered LR Blk/Blk AWD w/ Autopilot here in NY.
And suddenly mid day it's now saying August 11th-August 26th.

Peaks and valleys, an emotional roller coaster!