Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey - so some EDD finally showed up. Sept 13 - Sept 30. Considering this is just around 2 months (and if this holds true) I'm happy with this :)
Lucky you. Mine is still in this limbo state. BTW, the only step I still have to complete is the agreement, which they're supposed to send, but they did not. Did you complete that step? How quickly did they provided that to you? And what color did you order? I wonder if that makes any difference. I ordered blue with 18" wheels and LR.

Success! They literally parked it in the driveway and were getting into an Uber by the time we noticed and were heading outside to (not) talk to the delivery person (like they didn't even explain that you'd need the app, or that the keycards are positioned inside of the vehicle). Gave the car an inspection (I'll spend more time with it tomorrow) and didn't find anything too bad outside of the lining on the roof of the car in the back being noticeably wrong. Looks amazing, drives amazing (my wife is a coward and any amount of accelerating is apparently too much accelerating, so I'll put it through its paces on my own soon enough), and I'm very excited but also very drained from the day! Teaching someone how to operate one that hasn't been crazily going through videos for nearly three months takes some effort, but was also pretty fun to experience.

View attachment 690443

(Also, A+ gif selection! Hope tomorrow or Monday at a minimum is your day and you have a better (read: any) customer service experience than I!)

Good luck everyone! EDD is nonsense!
Awesome!! Congratulations - the car looks amazing :)

Lucky you. Mine is still in this limbo state. BTW, the only step I still have to complete is the agreement, which they're supposed to send, but they did not. Did you complete that step? How quickly did they provided that to you? And what color did you order? I wonder if that makes any difference. I ordered blue with 18" wheels and LR.
No, the agreement portion is disabled for me (I think we can do it only once closer to the deliver date). Since this is my first car, I also don't have an insurance yet, but my SA told me not to worry about it until the VIN is assigned (which may be 8-10 days before the delivery date). I have the LR Red/Black 18". The SA also told me that the color of the car shouldn't matter - who knows how true that is!

Last edited:
Reactions: idco
Hi LaneDS

First got notified by refreshing the Tesla account website, then I got a follow up txt message from the Tesla rep.

It all happens very fast.

Hopefully the next post will be a pic of the new car ;)

Best of luck!

Cheers
24 hours to go - the M3 is ready for express pickup tomorrow 😊 got my inspection check-list ready 🤓

Wonder what the no-contact pick up process will be like due to COVID lockdown...

Attachments

• CD6393EE-5964-4B7F-BBE4-2DE9E3FA5F06.jpeg
    CD6393EE-5964-4B7F-BBE4-2DE9E3FA5F06.jpeg
    568 KB · Views: 70
Awesome!! Congratulations - the car looks amazing :)

Thank you! It's sick. I woke up to feed the dog (well, the dog woke up to wake me up) and am just sitting here excited to go drive the thing. Likewise am excited for folks in here also waiting on having that same feeling.

I'm still amazed how little I think of Tesla as a company compared to how highly I think of their products- really hope eventually they take some of their many criticisms to heart because I want to love the products AND the company (you know, within reason). I see it on this board all the time though, the products are so far ahead of everyone else that it's easy enough to look past the less good parts. End of six a.m. rant!

Order Date 6/18 M3 LR MSM 18" no FSD. I have had no EDD for about a week and a half. Just playing the waiting game I guess.

This morning I’ve updated from November to 8/16-8/30. First time I’ve had a range less than 21 days!

I worked on my delivery day playlist yesterday. I think my favorite is Good to be Alive by Andy Grammer. Not my favorite song, but how I think delivery day will feel 🙄. What song is everyone going to play first?

@LaneDS that looks amazing! I can't wait to get mine.

Speaking of mine...

1627822023707.png

A smaller window! Moved one day to the right from the beginning of the EDD. The beginning of the EDD is two weeks from today (seems to be a theme for my EDD at least).

I can't wait to get this car. I'm so happy, and jealous, of all of you getting yours especially those MSM ones since that's what I'm getting. 😆

Hopefully soon!

Reactions: kp2021 and LaneDS
Front end moved to left 7 days. This is the first movement in days in over 2 weeks for me after having Sept 19th to 30th since mid July. Progress is progress I guess. June 23 Order, Colorado.

Estimated Delivery: September 12 - September 30​