Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talked to my SA today- my M3 will be in Spokane Friday!!! He did say I probably wouldn't be able to pick it up till next week - I'm good with that - especially since I ordered on 7/20.

Checked financing and was approved on 7/19 (only good for 30 days)
Ordered Midnight Silver SR+ on 7/20
Changed order to Midnight Silver LR AWD on 7/22
Found Midnight Silver LR AWD in inventory from link found here - 7/31
Ordered Inventory M3 on 7/31 and received VIN
Paperwork to lender on 7/21
SA confirms M3 will be at delivery location on Friday 8/6

View attachment 690806

If only the SAs were as good as the delivery fulfillment team. The delivery center personnel were on top of their game. My pickup was scheduled for 12:30 pm, and at 12:27 pm, I received an email that the pickup was ready. By the time I made it to Tysons, the car was already in the app. It was raining, so I flashed the lights and went straight to the car. I signed a few papers that were left inside and dropped them in a dropbox. I did not visually inspect the vehicle due to the downpour. When I made it home, I tried to locate any problems and couldn’t find anything. No misaligned panels or anything. I’ll continue looking, and maybe I’ll notice something. I already scheduled a mobile service appointment to have the garage door opener installed. I began installed my interior accessories and enabled sentry mode. Glad that the wait has come to an end. 2 months and four days from order to delivery. The original delivery estimate was 8 to 12 weeks. Despite the EDD changing over 20 times, by Tesla’s initial assessment, the car arrived in 8 weeks.

Congrats man! How do you feel about the car so far? Looks rad!

Hi. Orders my MY on 5/24 and it was saying 9-13 weeks. The dates are changing every day, and as of today, it’s showing Aug11-31. I’ve counted 13 weeks will be due on Aug 23d. Do you guys think I can call Tesla and complain?
Dissatisfied with their service at all
Been waiting 2,5 month
And don’t have car at all for 2 months already
I definitely would call them. With your order being over 2 months old now, they definitely will have something In their internal system with a scheduled date. I called and they had a different date in their internal system than what was showing on my account edd.

Been lurking a while, figured I’d post my EDD experience since my wife is tired of hearing about it.
Ordered 6/16 MSM M3 LR AWD
EDDs have been:
7-11 weeks
August 1-30th
July 14th-20th
August 1-30th
August 14-30th
Sept 2-20th
7-11 weeks
Sept 30-Oct 30th
Now, no EDD for the past two weeks. I’m about 70 miles from Fremont, CA. I’ve heard they deliver further out first? Also, I didn’t complete my profile as I didn’t see the point since my trade in and financing would expire before delivery. Did this push my EDD back? I don’t know if I should just complete it and change it on delivery day if need be? Thanks guys

Congrats man! How do you feel about the car so far? Looks rad!
The car itself is excellent. I still have a bitter taste of everything from after the order was placed to the delivery center personnel took over. I feel confident in saying I know more about the order process than my SA. When he wasn’t available, and I would receive his out of office reply asking customers to reach out to two other SAs in his absence, they wouldn’t reply either. I’ll be writing a strongly worded email and saving bits of it when the customer satisfaction survey comes around.

On pickup, I had about half charge, which was plenty. I needed to run some errands, hoping to drain the battery enough to see how my Grizzl-e home charger would do. I was pleasantly surprised to see that on 40A, the max the Grizzl-e can output, it maintained a steady charge rate of 41 mi/hr. I was expecting somewhere in the mid-30 range, so to top 40, I was thrilled.

Lots of accessories are still left to install. Today I’ll do PPF on the hood and side fenders. I’ll drop it off at the shop to do the bumper, headlights, side mirrors, and tint on Thursday. If not today, then tomorrow, I’ll get around to painting the brake calipers and swapping to my summer wheels and tires.

Quick story, I enjoyed the driving experience yesterday when Prince William’s finest in an unmarked Explorer pulled up next to me at a stoplight and motioned to drop the window. He says, “you having fun? You blew my doors off.” I was immediately thinking, well, how’s that for a record-setting pace to getting a ticket. 12 yrs and haven’t been pulled over, two hours in a Model 3, and about to get the first ticket in over a decade. But nope, we chatted about the Model S Plaid, and he knew the specs, including the 9.xx quarter-mile time. I told him I just picked mine up about 3 hours ago, and he laughed. He didn’t even give the cursory, “slow down.” The light turned green, and we went our separate way.