Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
985DBD7F-38A4-497A-BD21-CEBD5E90B9AC.png

61B73FFF-744C-4778-8F24-D9CDE9A48A1F.jpeg

So randomly refreshed my account page like most of you have been doing since loading your orders, and the new page pops up. I clicked proceed with delivery and next page showed my VIN.

so there it is folks, my SA said that I will likely get a VIN on 8/17 but that ended up being way off. I don’t know where they get their dates from but I wouldn’t rely on it.

Ahhhh just lovely. I was hoping I could have a good excuse to bother the folks there about delivery and my EDD too 🤪.

Maybe since it was their mess up they'll let me exchange it? One can hope anyways.
That’s exactly how I approached it and asked nicely but he said online parts and dealer are two separate. You could always try and see if they’ll give you a nice EDD update! My SA is pretty good. He’ll reach out every once in a while but I usually do the reaching out…

View attachment 691204

View attachment 691205

So randomly refreshed my account page like most of you have been doing since loading your orders, and the new page pops up. I clicked proceed with delivery and next page showed my VIN.

so there it is folks, my SA said that I will likely get a VIN on 8/17 but that ended up being way off. I don’t know where they get their dates from but I wouldn’t rely on it.
Wow congratulations. So my guess this morning was correct?

Reactions: M3_p0\/\/3r

Was getting worried this config wasn’t getting built until end of quarter. Hopefully west coast soon :D

Reactions: M3_p0\/\/3r
Nice! I haven't been assigned an SA for me to annoy yet. Not that it would do much good. Everything I'm learning from this thread indicates that their dates can't be trusted. At least your date ended up being earlier and not later.

OMG people - if you are using Geico for insurance as I have - FOREVER and haven't shopped around - you need to do it. The quote for my M3 with $1,000 deductible was $1111.60 for 6 months!!!! Progressive for the same coverage was $294!! Seriously wow.
I have friends that switch Insurance all the time. There might be something to that as they always seem to get the a good price. I've been with my current insurer forever. I'll probably stick with them initially as I think that will be the fastest way to get my policy and upload the proof of insurance to my Tesla account. But given what I'm currently paying I may have to shop around. Especially if the Model 3 ends up being more expensive to insure than my current vehicle.

There is a federal tax credit for getting those installed, so might as well git r done to get that benefit.
That was my thinking also. Not an accountant but it looks like I can deduct the entire amount from my taxes.

I put my order in a little over a week ago and the page did not say anything as I completed the pre delivery tasks. It now says November. After reading this thread a few times over the last week it seems like I'll need the patient hat.

The main reason I put PPF on the headlights is that they’re so dang expensive. One good rock that cracks the housing would be all she wrote. Not to mention with PPF, even the buds will come off much earlier and not mar the headlight housing, so they remain crystal clear.

I just finished installing my DIY kit. Unfortunately, the fenders were cut incorrectly, so that the shop will be doing fenders, bumper, and side mirrors. I did the headlights, frunk, and A-pillars myself. I was expecting it to be terrible, but it was straightforward. It sucks that the fender fitment was off, but it was well worth the couple hundred dollars for the DIY kit.
To do anything, you need access to a garage. I couldn’t imagine being outside doing anything.View attachment 691171

It looks nice and sparks👍. Are you doing the PPF for the Front only or the whole body? Are you notice any shininess difference between covered panels and naked panels?
Thx!

If you're concerned in the meantime you can look into track wraps, which is basically a temporary ppf you can slap on yourself.

I mean it's not a problem for him because he wants your business lol.

Hah, that last part was not lost on me as I was originally typing that. He did clarify that they've had those 5k-6k mile vehicles looking especially fresh afterwards, for a bit more context there.

Reactions: oreobbq