Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So in the last 24 hours my EDD changed from 9/15-9/30 to December yesterday and just now back to 9/20-9/30. Ok who's messing with me???? I wonder if there will ever be a class action lawsuit for the blood pressure and heartburn cases brought on by the EDD system. You guys really weren't kidding when you said its a roller coaster.

Thankfully I never experienced it going back to November or anything after September. I ordered and was originally just "November" then moved to September and stayed there. But, I have seen people go back to "November" or October dates for a few days then move back. Their system does all sorts of things and is calculating on a lot of factors. There are also random glitches that happen so I am not surprised. I can see why in the past they did not tell the customer any EDD other than a week range cause I think they system auto updating like that causes a lot of stress to us.

I am just hoping you get it by the end of Q3. Either way, I promise it is worth the wait. The car is a blast to drive. Hands down the best vehicle I have ever owned.

I lived in LA for 10 years so I completely feel your pain on that one. I remember my fill ups I had to go inside after it shut off at $100 and my tank wasn't full.
Most places now don't shut off on cards. When I had 3 diesel trucks I would spend 550 bucks in a day to fill them all up... and that was when diesel was cheaper. I rode my motorcycle to LA a couple months ago and 87 was 6.01 a gallon. Premium 6.70 and diesel was around 6.20

I tried carmax, carvana, and local dealerships (and tesla trade in). Tesla's offer was lowest, then dealership, then carmax. Carvana was the highest offer and we purposefully scheduled the pick up after the Tesla arrived so we had a car while we are waiting for the ppf to get applied to the car.

I think all in all, Carvana beat carmax by like 2.8k or something which is significant when the car is only worth 18-20k to begin with. Only downside is I have to wait a few days after they pick up before I get the check deposited into my account and due to timing, I will have to make a car payment on it this month and then get the money back from the bank later. Slight annoyance, but it is what I have to get done.
carvana low balled me for my dodge charger where carmax offered me 41k carvana offered me 36k.

I no longer need to refresh my account screen every 5 minutes, my VIN was assigned last night at 7pm. Was notified via email from Tesla regarding the VIN assignment and downpayment due. I feel relieved and very happy I will have my car soon with a Sept 27-30 delivery range. Hopefully it will come sooner so I have a car but now that it feels real and the car is built I can now relax. To others waiting it will come, it's hard we all know but at least we all had company during the wait. Have not heard from my SA yet but I did not pay my downpayment until a few hours ago. So not sure if they wait to contact you until that time or not. Order date was 7/21, original delivery date was end of October, updated to 9-14/ 14-30th, to 9/24-9/30th last week. I figured it would likely get the VIN by Sunday but Christmas came a few days early. Blue/White,Aero, FSD.

I made a reservation for a Model 3 Performance 2 weeks ago with an EDD of 9/21-9/30, but yesterday I changed my reservation to a Model 3 Long-Range (just in case the tax credit comes back for Tesla, the M3P wouldn't qualify). However, with the change in my reservation I expected the EED to move to December or something, but surprisingly this morning it updated to 9/19-9/30! So I wonder if that is a hack to get your LR earlier??

I made a reservation for a Model 3 Performance 2 weeks ago with an EDD of 9/21-9/30, but yesterday I changed my reservation to a Model 3 Long-Range (just in case the tax credit comes back for Tesla, the M3P wouldn't qualify). However, with the change in my reservation I expected the EED to move to December or something, but surprisingly this morning it updated to 9/19-9/30! So I wonder if that is a hack to get your LR earlier??
The current version of the tax credit being proposed isn't retroactive: it only applies to cars purchased beginning in 2022 in case that matters for your model preference.

Reactions: WhiteMY
So in the last 24 hours my EDD changed from 9/15-9/30 to December yesterday and just now back to 9/20-9/30. Ok who's messing with me???? I wonder if there will ever be a class action lawsuit for the blood pressure and heartburn cases brought on by the EDD system. You guys really weren't kidding when you said its a roller coaster.
Drastic changes in delivery times are usually a good sign, at least in my experience. I had a SR on order that went from September to November and then a week later I got a vin number.

Waiting on Congress to pass a bill before you order and your next car will be most likely be a flying car. 😂

OK, we're all-in now: got the Tesla Wall Connectors installed. Now all we need are our vehicles!

WallConnectors.jpg

Boston area. Ordered mid-August. Black/black. VIN assigned on 9/7. Delivery appointment is now set for 9/23.
We both got vin same day I am also blue black and got my car yesterday in Indiana. I too had a 9/23 appointment, so I don't want to get your hopes up, but I think you will arrive tomorrow or Monday. Congrats, there were a bunch of deliveries going on so it took maybe 45 mins or so all in all and I have yet to find anything wrong or out of line that I've seen posted here so I also have a strong feeling you will get a great build!