Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just seeing a pattern of people not in SoCal who order around or after my date seem to get their EDDs earlier or have scheduled delivery. I don't know why, but SoCal seems to be lower on the priority scale.
from what i've read on different sites and forum. the closer you are to the factory you will get your car later compared to those people who are further away from the factory. i'm like 20 min from the fremont factory so i will probably get my car later then you s.cali people.

Reactions: bradnd99
Would love to see what your "Necessary" list looks like. I am creating an Amazon Box fort out of my "essential" Tesla parts....
This is my second M3 (2018 is totaled), and here is what I have on the way from Tesla:
- Homelink (was included in my 2018 M3)
- Console trays from Tesla (were also included in my 2018 M3: seems like a cheap move on Tesla's part to stop including them)
- All weather floor mats. I just used the stock carpet mats in my 2018 and they were looking a bit dog-eared after 3 years, so i got these for the salty months.

Moving from my 2018 to the 2021:
- Frunk and trunk liner mats (purchased from Tesla): definitely very useful, plastic will contain any liquid spills.
- Tesla tire pump/goop dispenser: a bit over-priced for what it does, but handy for topping up tires.
- Nema 14-50 Adapter for mobile connector: Was included in 2018, I have never used it but who knows if it will ever come in handy?
- Modern Spare: I do road trips in rural areas of the Northeast/mid-atlantic and read about spotty Tesla road-side assistance outside of metro areas. Plus, who wants to wait for a truck and a flat-bed tow? Thankfully, never used yet. Biggest down-side is the amount of room it takes in the trunk, but I leave it behind when necessary. 2017-2021 Tesla Model 3 Spare Tire Kit Options
- Tire patch kit: For truly desperate times on the road with multiple flats or when modern spare left behind. Never used https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0777P76YC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- For rim rash: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HE66OK8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Pucks for jacking: Also never used and I have been told that they are not necessary with a Model 3 when using flat lifts because the jack points protrude a bit. But I have them, so I kept them.
- Dog seat cover from evannex. I also had cut a yoga mat to fit the seat and install below the seat cover to give added protection to the vegan leather seat from my 80-lb dog's claws.
- Tesla roof sunshades: I go to all-day trials with my dog where we spend hours in the car waiting for our turn to compete. These help to keep the car cool when sitting in direct sunlight .

Abandoned in my 2018:
- Nomad wireless phone charger, now standard
- powered USB hub: I had installed it to power the Nomad pad, and it was more trouble than it was worth to take the trim apart and remove it since I don't need it
- Stealth hitch: Installing this involved replacing some parts that I did not have access to, plus it took me several hours to install it and would probably take the same if I tried to un-install it. So I made the painful decision to leave it behind and eventually I'll get another for my 2021: https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Tesla/Model+3/2018/391TES317.html?VehicleID=20185000838 I use this with a bike rack and a rear cargo carrier.
- Tesla paint touch-up: My 2018 was the now-discontinued metallic silver, and I will eventually get the blue kit after I take delivery.

Last edited:
Saturday morning delivery in Cherry Hill NJ went fast and smooth. Such a refreshing buying experience. Tesla store was very accommodating. I asked for 10 am appointment and they were overbooked but still squeezed me in. Also sent me an Uber voucher to have me and my son picked up from home which was about 45 miles away. Walked in and my SA was greeting me within minutes we signed a few papers for registration and took me to the car. After about 15 minutes setting me up in the car I was good to go. Spent a good hour looking over the car and inspecting everything.
My Model 3 was a September build date looked flawless. Paint was perfect no panel gaps or interior flaws. Wasn’t sure what to look for with the recessed door handles but mine all seemed acceptable. The rear door handles were slightly more recessed than the front doors but all looked even all around and were definitely not noticeable so I don’t plan on having a tech pulling apart my doors to adjust unless the handles stop functioning properly. There were about 10 other new Model 3 there SR+, LR and performance models and even check a few Model Y and all the door handles were the same as mine with slightly recessed rear handles so I’m sure they would say the handles were within spec. The only “flaw” I found was that there was some white specs like a powder in some spots on the interior and exterior around the black mirror trim. At first I thought it was paint overspray but most wiped or blew right off and they rest wiped clean with some water and tissues. Maybe white seat installation residue? All cleaned up so now so no worries.
Already put 100 miles on the car first day and I’m already blown away with its performance and handling. Such a cool car and fun dialing it in with all my preferences and customizations. Well worth the wait. Cheers 🍻

Attachments

• 85B6FCC7-DE27-4D6E-8348-DC719842B526.jpeg
    85B6FCC7-DE27-4D6E-8348-DC719842B526.jpeg
    725 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Saturday morning delivery in Cherry Hill NJ went fast and smooth. Such a refreshing buying experience. Tesla store was very accommodating. I asked for 10 am appointment and they were overbooked but still squeezed me in. Also sent me an Uber voucher to have me and my son picked up from home which was about 45 miles away. Walked in and my SA was greeting me within minutes we signed a few papers for registration and took me to the car. After about 15 minutes setting me up in the car I was good to go. Spent a good hour looking over the car and inspecting everything.
My Model 3 was a September build date looked flawless. Paint was perfect no panel gaps or interior flaws. Wasn’t sure what to look for with the recessed door handles but mine all seemed acceptable. The rear door handles were slightly more recessed than the front doors but all looked even all around and we’re definitely not noticeable so I don’t plan on having a tech pulling apart my doors to adjust unless the handles stop functioning properly. There were about 10 other new Model 3 there SR+, LR and performance models and even check a few Model Y and all the door handles were the same as mine with slightly recessed rear handles so I’m sure they would say the handles were within spec. The only “flaw” I found was that there was some white specs like a powder in some spots on the interior and exterior around the black mirror trim. At first I thought it was paint overspray but most wiped or blew right off and they rest wiped clean with some water and tissues. Maybe white seat residue? All cleaned up so now so no worries.
Already put 100 miles on the car first day and I’m already blown away with its performance and handling. Such a cool car and fun dialing it in with all my preferences and customizations. Well worth the wait. Cheers 🍻
for the uber voucher did they offer that to you? or did you have to ask for it? because i currently don't have a car and i will also need to uber to tesla delivery location when/if my car is ready for pick up.

Reactions: jalynn2