Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 LR AWD in white ordered 13th October 2020 in the UK
Will be getting it wrapped in a different colour post delivery
Confirmed by Tesla that I have a 2021 M VIN and it is a refreshed model

Hi Dinsdale,

Wrapping is something I started to look at. Can you give me any leads? If be interested to read more.

Good to hear yours is 2021. I ordered just this week, then started to fear getting an earlier model. Fingers crossed, then!

Waiting is easy for a stoic...

Lucky you! I ordered a midnight silver metallic with white interior and 19" wheels on 31 August, haven't heard a peep from TESLA.

When I ordered the salesman said it could be much slower if I ordered a "unicorn" model, the example he gave was red with white interior on 19's, so maybe yours is an unusual combination?

Mine lands on 19th and I collect on the 20th so I'm guessing it will be one of the very first refresh M3's in the UK. At last, an answer to all these questions on heated steering wheels and double pane glass etc!

Hi Dinsdale,

Wrapping is something I started to look at. Can you give me any leads? If be interested to read more.

Good to hear yours is 2021. I ordered just this week, then started to fear getting an earlier model. Fingers crossed, then!

Waiting is easy for a stoic...

Well, I've been doing a lot of research since I made that post. So much so that I've dumped the colour wrapping idea - and I called Tesla to change the color of the car to Midight Silver/Grey.

However, I'm now going to do Paint Protection Film (PPF) and Ceramic Coating. I'm waiting to hear back on a quote from a local place - but basically the PPF is a clear film that wraps over your car that'll protect it from chips and the like from the road, and the Ceramic Coating is a glass-like layer over the car that'll then make dirt and water just slide right off. I've seen videos on YouTube and it is pretty impressive.

I see you're based in Wales, here's one: South Wales Auto Wrap, Vehicle Wrap in Newport, Cardiff and Bristol - not sure if they're any good. Would recommend you search others and look at reviews.

Waiting for a Model 3 LR in Portland, OR. Went with blue/black, 18” wheels, FSD.

I don’t see any delivery estimate in my account (I’ve checked both on a regular browser and on mobile.) I think this is either from changing my config or delaying my delivery last month...I saw one at first, then it disappeared at some point.

Timeline:
- Placed order on Sep 15 for an SR+
- VIN showed up in my account on Sep 23 (no email or phone call before this happened)
- Called in on Sep 24 and asked them to delay until mid October (glad I did this so I get a 2021!)
- Updated config to LR around Sep 25. No edit button on the website, had to call in for this
- Called in and asked my sales advisor to reactivate my order around Oct 7. Confirmed with my SA and with Tesla chat that my order is active and eligible for matching. I still see the image for the 2020 Model 3 on my account, but I checked with my SA a week ago and he said it’s fine like that

I’m excited to hear when other folks start getting VINs assigned. When I reactivated my order, it was 5 - 9 weeks for a new order which would’ve put me at Dec 9 at the latest. Though maybe I’ll get mine sooner than others since my order date was earlier...it’s unclear to me whether that affects priority or not.

Waiting for a Model 3 LR in Portland, OR. Went with blue/black, 18” wheels, FSD.

I don’t see any delivery estimate in my account (I’ve checked both on a regular browser and on mobile.) I think this is either from changing my config or delaying my delivery last month...I saw one at first, then it disappeared at some point.

Timeline:
- Placed order on Sep 15 for an SR+
- VIN showed up in my account on Sep 23 (no email or phone call before this happened)
- Called in on Sep 24 and asked them to delay until mid October (glad I did this so I get a 2021!)
- Updated config to LR around Sep 25. No edit button on the website, had to call in for this
- Called in and asked my sales advisor to reactivate my order around Oct 7. Confirmed with my SA and with Tesla chat that my order is active and eligible for matching. I still see the image for the 2020 Model 3 on my account, but I checked with my SA a week ago and he said it’s fine like that

I’m excited to hear when other folks start getting VINs assigned. When I reactivated my order, it was 5 - 9 weeks for a new order which would’ve put me at Dec 9 at the latest. Though maybe I’ll get mine sooner than others since my order date was earlier...it’s unclear to me whether that affects priority or not.

Cool beans! I just left Portland Oregon. I placed my order at the Telsa Dealership at Washington Square Mall in Beaverton. I got a new job, sold my house, ordered a Tesla, and moved to the East Coast.

I hope you get your Tesla quickly. I passed a Tesla car transport in Idaho. I thought I saw a few Model 3's Refreshes on the truck. It was hard to tell as I was passing it. So, maybe a few of us will be getting our Tesla soon.

Let's see if we can find you some sugar. I think I have some in the old cupboard.

1. Log in under Tesla account.
2. Scroll until you see your order with a picture of a sexy car. See photo below.
3. Click manage. See photo.

View attachment 602782
4. Scroll down until you see your estimated delivery date.

View attachment 602783

5. Enjoy a warm beverage of your choice with your sugar.

Weird! Mine just says:

"
Estimated Delivery: 5 - 9 weeks from order placed date

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 8.49.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 8.49.57 AM.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 119
That didn't work for me. No matter what I try I can't see any delivery expectation. Maybe it is about my order that needs additional steps to complete.
If it’s any consolation mine shows exactly the same as yours. I think it might depend on when you ordered it. When I placed the order at the end of August it said 5-10 weeks which would have been first half of November.