Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA sent me an email letting me know I haven't been assigned a VIN and expects delivery in the last two weeks of December. Got a 2-6 weeks text 3 weeks ago and a 2-5 weeks text last week. My delivery estimate is gone entirely from my account. Blue on white with standard wheels.

• Helpful
Reactions: freeAgent
Has anyone seen a black 2021 yet?

Holy Crap! Congrats. Here's to hoping more early October California orders start getting VINs assigned. I ordered a LR AWD on Oct. 3rd with a delivery estimate of Nov.30th - Dec. 5th but I still have no VIN. :(

exact same as you guys

10/10 order black/black 18” SoCal (Burbank)

originally ordered white/black 19” but changed to black 18” after I saw the leaked pics of the new wheels

was immediately assigned a 2020 leftover but called Tesla and had them pause any matches until nov/dec

wondering if the pause or reconfiguration pushed me back but my delivery timeline hasn’t flinched from its original 11/13 - 12/11 estimated frame

tbh I’m not expecting an email, call, text, or VIN until mid to late December....it’s just the Tesla way

exact same as you guys

10/10 order black/black 18” SoCal (Burbank)

originally ordered white/black 19” but changed to black 18” after I saw the leaked pics of the new wheels

was immediately assigned a 2020 leftover but called Tesla and had them pause any matches until nov/dec

wondering if the pause or reconfiguration pushed me back but my delivery timeline hasn’t flinched from its original 11/13 - 12/11 estimated frame

tbh I’m not expecting an email, call, text, or VIN until mid to late December....it’s just the Tesla way
Yeah I'm in a similar boat as well. I was assigned a couple of 2020 models before telling them to hold my account for a 2021. I spoke to a SA a couple of days ago to find out my account had a hold on it till December. Hoping I get assigned a VIN in the next couple of days since my latest delivery estimate says Dec. 5th. (But as others have pointed out the website is sometimes not accurate so who knows...)

Super bummed, ordered 10/23.... My delivery is unmoved. Still 12/5-12/31... No Vin. No contact.
A friend of mine ordered with my referral code 11/6 and already has a VIN & scheduled delivery.. I'm thinking it's a color thing, she got black and I got the midnight Silver... but still bummed. Is anybody thinking of pushing back delivery if its close to end of the year in hopes they bring back the $7500 tax credit in the US as is rumored?

I know it's all anecdotal, but it seems like some people who ordered around when I did (11/9... LR AWD, MSM with Black interior) are getting their VINs. Seems like it's mostly white exteriors. Think that's the difference?

I'm officially in "This is never gonna happen" mode although I know there are lots of people who have been waiting longer than me.