Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
YIKES!! That's pretty awful to be honest. Unless of course you had your account on hold until recently. Which in that case that doesn't count lol.

Not that I'm aware of. SA told me it's coming mid-December, so unless it goes past that, or I see other SoCal folks getting their M3 before me, I'm not really concerned. Not like there's anywhere to drive to at the moment.

• Funny
Reactions: inspace2020
have you guys tried selling to carmax?

the lease on my 2017 prius was due today, but i took it over to carmax over the weekend and they gave me an offer >$1000 over my end lease buyout....so of course i sold it to them

I have a 3 on the way, and I sold the car it's replacing to CarMax already. It was a 2018 E class, and CarMax was thousands above everyone else, even the MB dealer. They were pleasant to deal with too.

Tesla's trade-in offer was a complete joke!

Reactions: jawnly211
Same thing happened on a 10/28 order and trade in quote. Trade dropped 1300 in a month with right at 1k added to the odometer. Didn't cancel, but did attempt to rectify with Tesla. Basically was told that the market adjusted. Annoying but..
Annoying for sure, and deceiving because trade quotes they give out will almost always expire before your car is ready to be delivered, allowing them to lowball. Unless and until Tesla changes their trade policy, I will not be going through this exercise again.

Annoying for sure, and deceiving because trade quotes they give out will almost always expire before your car is ready to be delivered, allowing them to lowball. Unless and until Tesla changes their trade policy, I will not be going through this exercise again.

I ended up cancelling my Tesla trade in and went with Carvana. They offered me almost 2500 more than Tesla for my 2013 Prius C. Once I accepted the offer lasts for 2 weeks, so I figure I'll sell in 2 weeks, even if my Tesla isn't ready and be carless for a few days (I'm working from home anyway).

Anyway, if you wanna get out of the Tesla trade-in rat race I highly recommend Carvana.

I ended up cancelling my Tesla trade in and went with Carvana. They offered me almost 2500 more than Tesla for my 2013 Prius C. Once I accepted the offer lasts for 2 weeks, so I figure I'll sell in 2 weeks, even if my Tesla isn't ready and be carless for a few days (I'm working from home anyway).

Anyway, if you wanna get out of the Tesla trade-in rat race I highly recommend Carvana.
I looked at Carvana. They were $2500 below Tesla. But base on my experience, maybe now I know how Tesla can quote higher. Vroom actually offered me $2000 more than Tesla did but I had to give up the car right away. I have 2 other cars but still, didn't want to do without my Model 3 for 2mos lol. Oh the quote is for my 2018 dual motor. Was gonna trade to a 2021. I will sleep on it for now and keep enjoying the car.

sold my car to carmax on monday as im still waiting for delivery (and a VIN)

been a single car home for a few days but it works out since wife does distance "teaching" and kids are zooming too

but man....even though her car sat for nearly 9 months in the garage (and they never leave the house anyways), it feels weird going to work daily knowing they may need a car at any moment

If you wouldn’t mind, could you tell me how close was Carvana offer to KBB?

Tired of being patient so I asked what the ETA to the Kansas City SC is. December 15th. Then they have to prep and send to OKC for home delivery. I thought it would be a little quicker since I got my VIN on Nov 24th. Oh well.

Timeline recap:
Oct 22 Ordered - Model 3 LR AWD, Aeros Red w/Black Interior
Nov 10 Rec'd text: delivery update 2-5 weeks from today
Nov 24 VIN rec'd & payment requested
Dec 3 Req ETA to Kansas City Service Center - Dec 15th
Dec 15th arrive KC SC?
Dec xx? Home Delivery.

Just got the text to schedule delivery!! It gave me 12/17-12/19. I waited 15 min and when I went back, and all of 12/17 was no longer available. Looks like a lot of us can’t wait for our m3 lol. I got my vin 12/1 and scheduled delivery today for 12/18 woo!

I took the same route too with entertaining the idea of trading my Mustang GT to Tesla and of course the offer was well below trade value. I tried Carvana, Carmax, etc. and they all came in around the same at $2,500 more than Tesla. I opted instead to let it soak on Facebook Marketplace while I waited and it was gone in less than a week. I ended up getting about 5k more than what Tesla offered.