Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only about a dozen refreshes so far today.

LR AWD Blue w/White, 19" wheels, FSD
Ordered 10/22
No VIN yet
Delivery window remains 12/1 - 12-31
Twin Cities, MN

similar to mine... LR AWD Blue/white... but 18"wheels and no FSD. I ordered 9/28, so feel fortunate to get the 2021 refresh... anyway, I'll be in the EP-MN SC on Monday 12/7 to pick up my car! these next 4 days are going to feel like the last 2+ months...

Hopefully you get your VIN soon.

I took the same route too with entertaining the idea of trading my Mustang GT to Tesla and of course the offer was well below trade value. I tried Carvana, Carmax, etc. and they all came in around the same at $2,500 more than Tesla. I opted instead to let it soak on Facebook Marketplace while I waited and it was gone in less than a week. I ended up getting about 5k more than what Tesla offered.

its like, why would tesla give top dollar on a used vehicle that's being traded in? they dont have used car lots to resell them. more than likely they will just send them to auction anyways.

its like, why would tesla give top dollar on a used vehicle that's being traded in? they dont have used car lots to resell them. more than likely they will just send them to auction anyways.

You're exactly right, they just auction them off. The funny part for me is - a dealer in AL ended up buying my car and payed me retail for it. The market for used Mustangs are hot right now like most of the used car market.

So my SA told me yesterday to not to expect my M3 sooner than 4-5th week of December :( He said something about seeing “a build slot open at the factory” for my car whatever this means.
Ordered white/black 18 on 10/21 in Denver Metro. No VIN as of yet. I sold my Mk7 GTI a few days ago to a car buying company linked to KBB after my trade-in quote expired.

So my SA told me yesterday to not to expect my M3 sooner than 4-5th week of December :( He said something about seeing “a build slot open at the factory” for my car whatever this means.
Ordered white/black 18 on 10/21 in Denver Metro. No VIN as of yet. I sold my Mk7 GTI a few days ago to a car buying company linked to KBB after my trade-in quote expired.

The build slot thing SEEMS like BS, but who knows. Let's all start bugging our SA's about open build slots and see what happens haha.

Oct 6th order date. Deferred a 2020 LR on the 16th and waiting for 2021. No vin yet with expected date of Dec 10th. But think it will be pushed to last week of Dec. Will probably delay till 2021 if that is the case - just in case the tax credit rumor pans out.
Bought a 2020 SR back in Sept but returned it due to needing more range. Ordered the LR White w/black aero. Las Vegas

Team Paramus represent! I ordered on 10/27 and am picking up on 12/10 in Paramus. Last I heard my car was in Ohio... Tesla’s shipping is super slow.

I had put my order in on 10/23! I do not have a delivery yet (when I called earlier today they could not schedule a date since they said my car is still in Cali! It looks like you had ordered after me and will get the your car before me!!! Not saying I am not happy for you.. just cannot wait for my car!

Southern California, San Diego. Received VIN today 12/3/2020 and was given an appointment to pick up this saturday 12/5/2020. Ordered 10/18. Changed from SR+ to LR like 3 weeks ago. MSM with white interior.
Honestly was expecting to get a VIN/date in like two weeks so I’m shocked the car’s actually almost here. Since I wasn’t expecting so soon I might push back delivery til next weekend though. But yay CA deliveries!

I work across the street from a Tesla service center in the DMV (DC, MD, VA area). My office building is the closest garage with covered parking to the service center. About three months ago I noticed that the top levels of my office garage were filled with brane new Teslas. At First they were Model S, 3's, & X's. Then they began storing the Model Y's just a bit prior to releasing them. I drive up a few times a week to see whats up there. For the first time I saw a 2021 Model 3 (see pictures below). I noticed a sticker in the window which says "Marketing".

I am waiting to be assigned a VIN for a 2021 LR M3 Black on Black with an expected delivery date of today - December 18th.

Just thought I would share this and I will keep everyone posted if I notice an abundance of 2021 Model 3's in the garage.

Attachments

• m3 1.jpg
    m3 1.jpg
    623.9 KB · Views: 93
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    651.5 KB · Views: 74
  • m3 2.jpg
    m3 2.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: jawnly211
I had put my order in on 10/23! I do not have a delivery yet (when I called earlier today they could not schedule a date since they said my car is still in Cali! It looks like you had ordered after me and will get the your car before me!!! Not saying I am not happy for you.. just cannot wait for my car!

I just spoke with my SA, he said the car is in a lot in Newark, so its only 20 mins from Paramus... but won't arrive there for 4 days?!?!

I work across the street from a Tesla service center in the DMV (DC, MD, VA area). My office building is the closest garage with covered parking to the service center. About three months ago I noticed that the top levels of my office garage were filled with brane new Teslas. At First they were Model S, 3's, & X's. Then they began storing the Model Y's just a bit prior to releasing them. I drive up a few times a week to see whats up there. For the first time I saw a 2021 Model 3 (see pictures below). I noticed a sticker in the window which says "Marketing".

I am waiting to be assigned a VIN for a 2021 LR M3 Black on Black with an expected delivery date of today - December 18th.

Just thought I would share this and I will keep everyone posted if I notice an abundance of 2021 Model 3's in the garage.

Cool! Thanks for the pics. I get my blue one on Monday!! So it was fun to stare at the photo... and dream...

Southern California, San Diego. Received VIN today 12/3/2020 and was given an appointment to pick up this saturday 12/5/2020. Ordered 10/18. Changed from SR+ to LR like 3 weeks ago. MSM with white interior.
Honestly was expecting to get a VIN/date in like two weeks so I’m shocked the car’s actually almost here. Since I wasn’t expecting so soon I might push back delivery til next weekend though. But yay CA deliveries!
Congrats!
Ordered 10/24 LR MSM/white, Bay Area. Still no vin :(

• Love
Reactions: itsRP