Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aaaand now it’s back to 12/16-12/30

Damn. Was happening to me also. I called my SA and had him match me with a 21 LR white on white I saw in on the inventory page. Its heading to Mt. Kisco NY now. Im about 2 hours from there. Delivery is the 21st now. With my loan terms lapsing on the 22nd, I didnt want to go through all that again. Hope you get matched soon!

• Informative
Reactions: Ralbright
Not sure if this means anything but my delivery date has changed like 3 times in the last couple of days.

giphy.gif

IMG_8469.JPG
IMG_8470.JPG

Hey everyone! Finally took delivery of my model 3 LR. Have to say it was worth the wait from October 8th. Heres some observations for me, the new center console looks much more luxury car-like, the new sport wheels are not even that bad, they look better in person. I am getting the wheels powder coated tomorrow, so I will post images of that when its all done. I also ordered logo decals, since the logos are still chrome sadly. Also any recommendations on what brake caliper color I should get painted? red seems to basic

View attachment 615242 View attachment 615243

Hey everyone! Finally took delivery of my model 3 LR. Have to say it was worth the wait from October 8th. Heres some observations for me, the new center console looks much more luxury car-like, the new sport wheels are not even that bad, they look better in person. I am getting the wheels powder coated tomorrow, so I will post images of that when its all done. I also ordered logo decals, since the logos are still chrome sadly. Also any recommendations on what brake caliper color I should get painted? red seems to basic
Blue looks cool...

Reactions: ncozy4
I think some others may be going through this too but just a heads up in case.

I had my delivery scheduled for me on the site for 12/11 at 10:30am in Ohio. I couldn’t get my SA to return my calls. So yesterday I called in the office to confirm. Found out their system is saying it’ll actually be 12/17 now as it’s not there yet. But basically said it could be anytime next week.

Maybe others already knew this - but beware of the delivery date. And apparently, depending on your SA, don’t expect updates or confirmations or really the ability to give you any meaningful dial in. It’s not like we have jobs and other obligations that we have to schedule around that allow us to afford these things or anything. Lol...

(sorry for sounding so negative)

I’ve had a reasonably smooth process so far. Delivery appointment for my 2021 LR-AWD MSM was scheduled for 12/9 at 3 pm but they called me a short time ago from the Chicago (Grand Avenue) delivery center and asked if I could come get it today! Headed over there at 5 for a 'contactless delivery.'

Overall I've been pleased with the information I've gotten from Tesla, at least relative to the horror stories many of you have told regarding communications with your SA. Highly recommend Ben Wales at the Chicago Rush Street location - he's been responsive and seems well-informed.

Just got this text describing the contactless delivery method- supposedly we won't see a human being at all, even to process the trade in.

Matt
Interesting! Picking up Thursday from Westmont and curious if they have the same procedures. If you can follow up how the trade in process works in this contactless method I would be super interested to know how they handle that.

Interesting! Picking up Thursday from Westmont and curious if they have the same procedures. If you can follow up how the trade in process works in this contactless method I would be super interested to know how they handle that.

I'll let you know tonight. They told me on the phone that basically they will leave written instructions in the new car on how to endorse title to them, and then we just drop the keys, title and other paperwork in an envelope in a drop box and leave the old car. I am somewhat suspicious of the process.

Picking up from there Saturday...hoping for a call to get it earlier. Was supposed to pick up on the 5th and they pushed it out to the 12th.

Reactions: compg318
I'll let you know tonight. They told me on the phone that basically they will leave written instructions in the new car on how to endorse title to them, and then we just drop the keys, title and other paperwork in an envelope in a drop box and leave the old car. I am somewhat suspicious of the process.

Awesome really appreciate it!

Funny enough, my trade-in has a joint owner (on paper) and it's been a process to ensure they will be available as my SA said they couldn't just sign off in advance. Seems unnecessary in this process.

One last IL related question for you, do you plan on removing and keeping your old plates to send back to the state (assuming you don't currently have an EL plate to transfer). Feel a bit weird dropping off a trade-in with no plates but according to IL SOS they should be retained by the owner even when not transferred.