Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tough week to move to Arkansas. Best of Luck with the move. I've been back here in Arkansas for a while now. Every year My wife and I swear we're going to move away again
Thanks! I lived in NWA for 10 years before coming up here. We Had around 9 inches of snow this weekend so were just hoping the movers can make it on Tuesday to pack our stuff up. My gf and I are already planning out when we will be able to get out of AR again. Just gonna enjoy the perks of NWA for a while and try not to miss the Seattle too much.

Which store will you be (eventually) picking up from? I selected Lynnwood.

ordered white/white LR on 1/21. Live near Green Lake. No VIN - just 3/4 to 3/31. Waiting and looking daily.

The heated steering wheel confirmations are a big deal to me because both my wife and I seem to always have cold hands and have really enjoyed the heated steering in our currently leased chevy bolt.

I've picked up a few accessories while I wait - the wheel caps, hidden storage, tray for new 21 console that slides forward and hides. After this weeks weather, I'm thinking of getting the Tesla (weathertech) mats.

I have been an EV owner since 2011 (LEAF) and have a Blink charger in the garage that I'll need to move from back of garage to side of garage to reach the Model 3 charge port. I plan to do that myself and live with the reduced 24 amp service I have running to it. Side note - the 2011 LEAF wait times of a year from order to delivery make this wait more than manageable. I know sometime next month, I'll be in a M3 and the day after you drive it home, it starts to just feel like a car but the anticipation is fun.

If you are a brand new owner of a EV and want to show off your car this summer - please check into National Drive Electric Week and consider hosting or attending an event near you. Getting together with other owners, sharing mods, creating fun pics... and sharing the stories and goodness of driving an EV are a blast.

ordered white/white LR on 1/21. Live near Green Lake. No VIN - just 3/4 to 3/31. Waiting and looking daily.

The heated steering wheel confirmations are a big deal to me because both my wife and I seem to always have cold hands and have really enjoyed the heated steering in our currently leased chevy bolt.

I've picked up a few accessories while I wait - the wheel caps, hidden storage, tray for new 21 console that slides forward and hides. After this weeks weather, I'm thinking of getting the Tesla (weathertech) mats.

I have been an EV owner since 2011 (LEAF) and have a Blink charger in the garage that I'll need to move from back of garage to side of garage to reach the Model 3 charge port. I plan to do that myself and live with the reduced 24 amp service I have running to it. Side note - the 2011 LEAF wait times of a year from order to delivery make this wait more than manageable. I know sometime next month, I'll be in a M3 and the day after you drive it home, it starts to just feel like a car but the anticipation is fun.

If you are a brand new owner of a EV and want to show off your car this summer - please check into National Drive Electric Week and consider hosting or attending an event near you. Getting together with other owners, sharing mods, creating fun pics... and sharing the stories and goodness of driving an EV are a blast.

Hello! I think our usernames are next to each other on the model 3 order tracking spreadsheet :). Picked up tons of accessories as well but still shopping for more here and there.

This will be my first BEV, but I previously leased a 2017 Chevy Volt for 3 years so I have a 50 amp NEMA 14-50 outlet installed in my garage anticipating I would get another EV after returning the Volt. Plan is to use the included Tesla mobile connector w/ the 14-50 adapter since 32 amps of charging overnight more than covers my daily driving usage these days.

Definitely interested in checking out some EV meetups this summer!

Anyone here from Santa Clara? I ordered on 01/22/2021 and has a delivery estimate from 03/05-03/30. Still no VIN until today, finished everything but insurance task. Few days ago they sent me an email said that I have to complete insurance task. However, without VIN how am I able to get a quote? Also, I'm planning to get Tesla insurance, anyone have any information about how Tesla dealing with their claimant?

Anyone here from Santa Clara? I ordered on 01/22/2021 and has a delivery estimate from 03/05-03/30. Still no VIN until today, finished everything but insurance task. Few days ago they sent me an email said that I have to complete insurance task. However, without VIN how am I able to get a quote? Also, I'm planning to get Tesla insurance, anyone have any information about how Tesla dealing with their claimant?
I just uploaded my current insurance, and will update it before my delivery day. Pretty sure they just want to see proof of insurance because they accepted my insurance for my Tacoma

Thanks! I lived in NWA for 10 years before coming up here. We Had around 9 inches of snow this weekend so were just hoping the movers can make it on Tuesday to pack our stuff up. My gf and I are already planning out when we will be able to get out of AR again. Just gonna enjoy the perks of NWA for a while and try not to miss the Seattle too much.
Welcome back. I'm about 8-10 minutes from the University. There are a lot of Teslas around NW Arkansas. Hopefully they add some superchargers around the state soon.

Will you be adding an additional charger in your garage or sharing the one?

Neither. Contrary to a lot of users here, I've been charging at 120V 12 amp. My driving pattern allows this with no problems. We plan to do the same with my wife's car. Yes, it takes ~35 hours to charge from 20%-90% IF that happened but even with road trips, it just hasn't been a problem. I know, not for everyone but works for us at the moment.

Tough week to move to Arkansas. Best of Luck with the move. I've been back here in Arkansas for a while now. Every year My wife and I swear we're going to move away again

Tough week indeed. Bring your cross country ski's and come visit. We're at a balmy MINUS -5.6° F this morning actual temp. See my weather station below. I know this is no biggie for you folks up north but this is in Oklahoma City. We're breaking records form the 1890's. For comparison, it's -8° in Sussex, WI. Not that different.

Minus 13° F here tomorrow and another 6" of snow. I've got to drive to Kansas City on Friday to pick up the new Tesla. Arrrgg.

temp 20210215_062004.jpg

Tough week indeed. Bring your cross country ski's and come visit. We're at a balmy MINUS -5.6° F this morning actual temp. See my weather station below. I know this is no biggie for you folks up north but this is in Oklahoma City. We're breaking records form the 1890's. For comparison, it's -8° in Sussex, WI. Not that different.

Minus 13° F here tomorrow and another 6" of snow. I've got to drive to Kansas City on Friday to pick up the new Tesla. Arrrgg.

View attachment 636921

We only ended up with about 3" of snow here, but the sustained temperatures are something I haven't had to experience. I was in Baghdad when it snowed on christmas about 10 years ago. That was weird. This cold front is a close second to that

We only ended up with about 3" of snow here, but the sustained temperatures are something I haven't had to experience. I was in Baghdad when it snowed on christmas about 10 years ago. That was weird. This cold front is a close second to that

I've been around quite a while and have never seen these temps ever. It just cleared off and the wind has come up so now our wind chill is -28 F right now. I think I'll wait until it gets to zero to shovel the driveway.:rolleyes:

Snow in Baghdad. That just seems odd.

Just curious, Why did you choose KC over Dallas for your pick up location?

Dallas was not available as a location. The only choices were either KC or St Louis. Strange when Plano is 1/2 the distance from KC.

It didn't give me Dallas as an option, but I know there is a service center there. I like KC better than Dallas, but in the winter I would have picked Dallas. I just couldn't get them as an option. Last year when I almost ordered a Model 3 it would only give me Dallas as a option when I was trying for KC because its 50 miles closer and more pleasant in the summer.

It didn't give me Dallas as an option, but I know there is a service center there. I like KC better than Dallas, but in the winter I would have picked Dallas. I just couldn't get them as an option. Last year when I almost ordered a Model 3 it would only give me Dallas as a option when I was trying for KC because its 50 miles closer and more pleasant in the summer.

That's strange. I've never seen the Plano location as a delivery option. I would have chosen it as well since it's a 3 hr drive instead of a 5 hour drive to KC. Plano is where my SA is located.

The KC delivery team did a great job on mine. I was impressed. It looks to be cold but dry this weekend for our KC pickup.