Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a reminder, I ordered white/white on Jan 31 in Utah. Estimated date has been March 08-31. Did all my tasks the night of.

I saw a text come through from my SA and my heart leapt. However, he was just checking in and letting me know no VIN yet. Very nice of him, but it sure got my hopes up lol. BUT I just checked my account and the estimated date moved up to Feb 17-24! Talk about a swing of emotions haha.

edit: Feb 17-28

When did you order?My time frame just went back to 3/4-3/31
I ordered back on 12/31 and my date has always been from today - 3/25. My SA told me around 3/11 a couple weeks ago. Funny thing is right after I posted my message, I got the same text that someone a couple posts up got about finishing up last of the delivery tasks. Got approved for the loan so we'll see if that helps me get a VIN sooner.

Anyone here has information about the EV Federal Tax Credit voting date or posibility?

I’ve been researching and asking around but it seems to only be in the very early stages right now. I was wondering if I should wait to see what happens but I don’t think I will since my car appears to be weeks away. The bill could go through changes, spend significant time jumping through hoops, and even get rejected (not likely though in my opinion). I think I’d rather just get my car rather than wait on so many possibilities. Will I regret it? Only time will tell.

It’s pretty clear at this point that Tesla batch produces its cars, and delivers from east to west. We ordered our MSM/White LR AWD Model 3 on Jan 2. Initial delivery window went to March 27, but jumped up to Feb 17 a few times. However, I’ve seen no evidence of MSM/White interior cars being delivered anywhere so far this quarter. In fact, I’ve only seen a few white interiors of any exterior color being delivered anywhere even in the last week. So, I’m pretty confident my configuration will be one of the last produced this quarter before they start over next quarter.

I’m ok with waiting, but wish I’d known this when I ordered. Now it’s pretty clear my residual loan quote will expire on March 5 and I’ll have to reapply before the end of Feb with whatever their new terms are. Hopefully, nothing will happen to negatively impact that.

It’s pretty clear at this point that Tesla batch produces its cars, and delivers from east to west. We ordered our MSM/White LR AWD Model 3 on Jan 2. Initial delivery window went to March 27, but jumped up to Feb 17 a few times. However, I’ve seen no evidence of MSM/White interior cars being delivered anywhere so far this quarter. In fact, I’ve only seen a few white interiors of any exterior color being delivered anywhere even in the last week. So, I’m pretty confident my configuration will be one of the last produced this quarter before they start over next quarter.

I’m ok with waiting, but wish I’d known this when I ordered. Now it’s pretty clear my residual loan quote will expire on March 5 and I’ll have to reapply before the end of Feb with whatever their new terms are. Hopefully, nothing will happen to negatively impact that.

Yep, we are still waiting on Vin's for MSM/White and Black/White, all other exterior colors have started receiving Vin's.

Still waiting on the rail constipation in Chicago to flow from the storm and power outages. Fremont will let us know when it does and I'll post here.

We hit 20° F yesterday. I never thought I'd see the day when 20° F actually felt warm. Compared to -8.5° F it is. I'll be wearing shorts when it hits 35° F on Saturday. For realz. ;)

Still waiting on the rail constipation in Chicago to flow from the storm and power outages. Fremont will let us know when it does and I'll post here.

We hit 20° F yesterday. I never thought I'd see the day when 20° F actually felt warm. Compared to -8.5° F it is. I'll be wearing shorts when it hits 35° F on Saturday. For realz. ;)

Glad you survived the vortex. I was outside yesterday and it felt nice. Going to be 60 by Monday. We will experience an 80 degree temp swing in a week.
Looking forward to hearing how far back you get moved. I'm sure my delay will be similar :(

Glad you survived the vortex. I was outside yesterday and it felt nice. Going to be 60 by Monday. We will experience an 80 degree temp swing in a week.
Looking forward to hearing how far back you get moved. I'm sure my delay will be similar

Thanks! We just got a text from Fremont rescheduling us from the 20th to the 25th. They said the fastest they MIGHT be able to deliver was the 24th so I chose one day later just in case the Chicago rail yard is slower than expected. Now I can redo the car insurance date, hotel and car rental.

I'm not too upset about the delay because the roads were going to be terrible to drive the new car back and I wanted to keep it as clean as possible to make the prep for the ceramic coat easier. ;) Now the roads will be nice and dry and the warmer temps will make recharging no big deal.

Good to know. I'm looking forward to the warmer weather and cleaner drive too.
I was dumb enough to start my insurance on Monday because I thought I there was a chance of picking it up early and week wouldn't be that big of a deal. Probably going to have to call the insurance folks again and readjust the start date.

For additional insight to those waiting, was txting my SA this morning. My delivery is scheduled 2/24. Since I got my VIN, the store arrival showed 2/22. (I was asking for an update this am because of the midwest weather.). He said my car is on a train to their hub in Atlanta and then will be trucked off to Raleigh from there. The 2/22 arrival date has not changed since I received my VIN on 2/8.

For those of us in the southeast at least, it would seem the weather is not impacting the delivery schedules thus far.

Stay warm and safe.

Good News for half the country... the sun is out here and it feels like a whole new week now.
Has anyone figured out a better way to pass this Tesla wait time than buying stuff, checking the account multiple times a day, or watching these threads in their spare time? The wait is making me think of the South Park episode where Cartman freezes himself because he can't stand waiting on the wii
206723.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Mark57
Good to know. I'm looking forward to the warmer weather and cleaner drive too.
I was dumb enough to start my insurance on Monday because I thought I there was a chance of picking it up early and week wouldn't be that big of a deal. Probably going to have to call the insurance folks again and readjust the start date.

I just called and changed my dates as well.

For those of us in the southeast at least, it would seem the weather is not impacting the delivery schedules thus far.

Stay warm and safe.

That's great.

Good News for half the country... the sun is out here and it feels like a whole new week now.
Has anyone figured out a better way to pass this Tesla wait time than buying stuff, checking the account multiple times a day, or watching these threads in their spare time?

Shoveling snow works but it gets old fast.

Im also a Newbie here. Ordered my Model 3 LR here in Toronto,Ont . Where would I find my VIN # ? once the car has been delivered to the shop ? and will it show on the tesla account?. Thanks in advance

It will appear on your account page under your reservation number, and if you have an SA they will sometimes notify you.

• Informative
Reactions: M321
Has anyone figured out a better way to pass this Tesla wait time than buying stuff, checking the account multiple times a day, or watching these threads in their spare time? The wait is making me think of the South Park episode where Cartman freezes himself because he can't stand waiting on the wii
206723.gif

Cleaning garage, moving (or installing your 220v charging solution), learn as much as I can about tips of becoming a Tesla owner from this great community. Other than that - work and a ton of 'honey do" projects around the house that haven't been getting as much attention as they should (I built out a laundry room and shop in my basement).

Cleaning garage, moving (or installing your 220v charging solution), learn as much as I can about tips of becoming a Tesla owner from this great community. Other than that - work and a ton of 'honey do" projects around the house that haven't been getting as much attention as they should (I built out a laundry room and shop in my basement).

I installed a Tesla Wallcharger last weekend (or the weekend before ??) I'm losing track of time with a pandemic and this polar vortex.
Your basement shop sounds like a fun project. I don't have a basement but I've been thinking about make a spot in the backyard for a shop building.

Reactions: SeaM3White2021