Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order a MSM/white LR in October when the 2021 update occurred. The delivery center made a mess in December so I'm still waiting on delivery. It's been slowly fading into the future. Yesterday it switched from a date to 17-21 weeks from order date, today it's back to a date but pushed to March 5-19. Got a text from my SA on Friday asking if I had any questions, first contact since the first week of January, sent 2 back and still haven't received any response.
That sounds rough. I’m going crazy after four weeks so I can’t imagine how frustrating that would be. Hopefully you get it soon.

Mine went to approved instantly. Might want to give them a call or email just to make sure everything is good

Thanks m8 for some reason they are not picking the call, I resubmitted the order by editing the payment method and it's good for now. I already placed the order, just curious why it says 'from order placed date.'

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 8.31.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 8.31.29 PM.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 58
Nice find but I think those look kinda basic. I liked the dividers on these and ordered them. I realize twice the cost but it's another option for those interested.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08T69TJ1D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08SLXNF3Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yeah I had already ordered the front one from Amazon, but I figured for $20 I’d get the set and see which I liked better

I think there are some folks picking their car up today... I want to see some pics/videos!

I am 6 days away now.. barring a delay *fingerscrossed

When did you order and your configuration? I ordered 1/22 and got the White on White. This wait sucks.

Also, does it help filling out the credit application? I did not want to fill it out until I had a VIN so I don't have any unnecessary dings on my account.

When did you order and your configuration? I ordered 1/22 and got the White on White. This wait sucks.

Also, does it help filling out the credit application? I did not want to fill it out until I had a VIN so I don't have any unnecessary dings on my account.

I was told by my Sales Advisor to get the credit application done because deliveries are prioritized by those that have financing lined up because they don't want to send a car to a delivery center and then the person backs out. Now I'm not 100% sure if that is 100% correct and they didn't just want me to get everything done or that is true and that is how the factory prioritizes delivery. If you finance through Tesla via US Bank the credit application is good for 60 days. I was worried that I was going to get hit twice with a credit pull because of my estimated delivery dates but I ordered on 2/1 and I'm picking up next Wednesday 3/3.

Reactions: hemikat

I probably should have waited to the credit application, but I was excited and did it all at once.

I ordered 1/31. I did the credit application same day and even uploaded my insurance information. I ordered a WallCharger and set it up the next weekend. ~10 days after my order date the VIN showed up under Manage Account, Suspiciously a day after my wallcharger connected to Tesla via wifi o_O j/k. Then on 2/14 (Valentines Day!) I received a text saying I could schedule pickup and make my final payment. I scheduled pickup on 3/2 in KC. I had a lot of dates and times to choose from but this was the earliest my wife and I could make it. Then I did a bank transfer for my down payment. Next the GD Polar Vortex hit and locked me in my house for a week with nothing to do except post here and buy accessories. I just got a text a few minutes ago from "Alonso" at Central Support telling me was car is scheduled to be in KC on 3/1 and I'm tentatively scheduled to pick it up 3/2. I sure do not like this "Tentatively" word. I rented a car from Enterprise ($150) because it looks like there is a drop off location in the same parking lot. And now I wait to see if they re-schedule.
I ordered the most popular combo White with Black interior.

Yes, I think most of us have had that happen recently. As far as others getting their VIN before you, it may be because they live farther east than you and Tesla is delivering east to west.
Tesla also builds in batches, so they simply haven’t gotten to your configuration yet. I ordered MSM/White interior LR AWD on Jan 2, and don’t expect delivery until late March, even though I’m less than 100 miles from the factory in CA.

Tesla also builds in batches, so they simply haven’t gotten to your configuration yet. I ordered MSM/White interior LR AWD on Jan 2, and don’t expect delivery until late March, even though I’m less than 100 miles from the factory in CA.

Its kind of crazy how they deliver - even though i ordered the same config but on Feb 8, I can say with a good level of confidence I will have mine before you. Simply because you are in CA and I am in Ohio.

Reactions: Dave_Marsh
Unfortunate thing about being in Cali, other than waiting longer than everyone else, is that we get one of the last few batches of the quarter... hoping we don't get any rushed/botched builds.

I can totally relate. I'm up in Seattle and ordered on 1/3. I ordered about the blandest configuration possible: White, Black Interior with 18s and I've had no movement except for a request to finish financing about a week ago. I knew it'd probably be near the end of the quarter, but didn't think the wait would be so hard. It's going to be tough watching all these deliveries happen soon. I was hoping ordering right at the beginning would allow me to avoid the surely rushed final batches at the end of the quarter, but it looks like us West Coasters are just always in for the end batches. Fingers crossed that I get a good one.

The loan approval is good for 60 days. If you have excellent credit and they give you the advertised 2.49% rate, you can email [email protected] and ask them to run your application again to (possibly) get a lower rate. Multiple auto loan credit pulls within 14 days only count as one so no harm in shopping around. I went from 2.49% to 2.14%, not much but I’ll take it!

I was going to be happy with 2.49%.. but I got a lower rate straight from the Tesla financing page and it only took about 30 seconds. I was happy enough with their offer that I didn't shop around. They're probably in their offices saying "that sucker"... and I'm sitting in my office saying "those suckers".