Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When i tell you i literally jumped in joy, im not joking - i was DREADING the thought id have ot wait until june. ive already sold my current car in anticipation of a march delivery.
I know how to feel about selling the car. I sold my other vehicle a month ago because I didn’t want the value to drop. Just have been sharing with my wife. Since I’m in between movies it’s been no problem so far. As life has it my next movie starts on the 15th and I’m suppose to get the car in my garage on the 12th . Cutting it way to close to potentially have to rent a car.

• Love
Reactions: tstolze
When i tell you i literally jumped in joy, im not joking - i was DREADING the thought id have ot wait until june. ive already sold my current car in anticipation of a march delivery.
I did the same thing when I found out my car had left the factory! I have been with out a car for 2 weeks now and I’m going crazy, luckily I have one to borrow but it’s not the same lol

I know how to feel about selling the car. I sold my other vehicle a month ago because I didn’t want the value to drop. Just have been sharing with my wife. Since I’m in between movies it’s been no problem so far. As life has it my next movie starts on the 15th and I’m suppose to get the car in my garage on the 12th . Cutting it way to close to potentially have to rent a car.

Thankfully, i am still working fully remote - but its only a matter of time before i have to start going back in. I used to have to travel at least once a month about 100-150 miles to check in on my other reports..all of that is slowly starting back up.

I can't wait until i can do it in a tesla. I really hope your delivery is on time :)

Reactions: Twags
Can you post the Twitter message?

looks like 2 days not 2 weeks. :oops:

elon.png

My SA called me today to touch base with me on delivery. He said it scheduled to be in Houston, TX on the 9th and should be able to pick up on the 11th or 12th. That’s right on last day of estimate. I didn’t finance through Tesla. I used BofA.

ordered:1/6
Vin assigned: 2/24
Pickup estimate 3/12
MSM LR white interior

I am in Houston too! What was the financing process like for Texas since we still don't have direct sales here :(?

I plan on trading in my current car that is paid off as part of my down payment. I was wondering how would I even go about doing that as well?

I've heard Tesla sometimes quotes trade ins a little less than CarMax or Carvana/etc. Do i go on down to CarMax a couple days before delivery and then apply for a loan/financing through a credit union at that point? Or how would I even know how much of a loan to try and pre-qualify for?

I am in Houston too! What was the financing process like for Texas since we still don't have direct sales here :(?

I plan on trading in my current car that is paid off as part of my down payment. I was wondering how would I even go about doing that as well?

I've heard Tesla sometimes quotes trade ins a little less than CarMax or Carvana/etc. Do i go on down to CarMax a couple days before delivery and then apply for a loan/financing through a credit union at that point? Or how would I even know how much of a loan to try and pre-qualify for?

I was going to try financing fromTesla but they only offer one bank and it wasn’t a good interest rate compared to what BofA ( my personal banking) could do as far as rate. But all rates are so low just go with is easiest in my opinion. I applied for the loan online and got approval almost instantaneously. I wasn’t ready for that as my 30 days started then. I just followed true steps given. I was at a standstill until I got my VIN yesterday and was able to add my insurance, pay for half the car through ACH. Today I was able to finalize the loan (had to call) and esign the documents and then once I got the docs from bank I emailed them to Tesla. Tesla sent me a text about who to email them to. About an hour later from sending the docs I got a confirmation from Tesla that I was all complete.

About a month ago I sold my car to Carvana. It was a higher price than doing it as a trade in. I did the math and I still came out ahead. Reason I sold it so long ago. I did two quotes from Carvana as my first one expired and the 2nd time it was higher so I jumped on it. It was so easy.

Just got and updated Estimated Delivery Date.
Order date: January 25th

Before
: 6-10 weeks
Now: March 09 - March 29
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Sport Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior

same.

Order date: February 18

Before
: March13-31 then 3-6weeks
Now: March 08 - March 28
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White
  • 18” Aero Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior

Reactions: Penguins
So glad you finally got it! How was your experience there?

Does the service center in KC sell Tesla accessories ?

The Kansas City team does a great job. They shipped my first one to me last December (free) and we picked this one up there this morning. You get a text and/or an email the day before confirming the appointment and then they send you very detailed instructions and photo on where the car will be, how to do it, what to do etc. No rush or fuss. It was very easy. Lots of Teslas on the lot, older and new, plus it's a service center. Not a lot of customer parking. It's easy in and out.

If they sell accessories, they had none on display. I went inside and there were only two vehicles on display plus a customer waiting area. We were focused on checking out the cars and our new car and getting rid of the POS rental that stunk from Febreze spray. Five hours smelling that will rot your brain.

The drive back home was great. Pics tomorrow.