Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order date: 1/22
Initial estimate: March 06 - March 31
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order
Changed to: March 08 - March 28
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order...

Now: March 02 - March 16

Earliest estimate so far! Basic everything, white/black, 18in, etc... Still no VIN.

Order date: 1/22
Initial estimate: March 06 - March 31
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order
Changed to: March 08 - March 28
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order...

Now: March 02 - March 16

Earliest estimate so far! Basic everything, white/black, 18in, etc... Still no VIN.

I'm in a similar boat. Except I ordered an M3P on 11/6 and changed to my order to the exact same one as you last week. We're both in So Cal and my range is now March 1 - March 15. I anticipate it disappearing again like it did yesterday.

I ordered my M3 LR AWD on 2/19 with expected delivery 3-6 weeks. Two days ago it changed to March 15- march 31. Now I'm back to 3-6 weeks... I never been so impatiently waiting for something, it's killing me!!

Does anyone know how long after the Vin is assigned to you does it take to get your car delivered?

Reactions: Twags
I ordered my M3 LR AWD on 2/19 with expected delivery 3-6 weeks. Two days ago it changed to March 15- march 31. Now I'm back to 3-6 weeks... I never been so impatiently waiting for something, it's killing me!!

Does anyone know how long after the Vin is assigned to you does it take to get your car delivered?

California average VIN to delivery is 6 days according to the spread sheet. Only a very few amount was greater than 10 days.

I got my VIN on the 24th and expected delivery to my SA is the 9th. That’s around in line with 10 day average. Expects I can pick it up on 11th or 12th

I am so beyond prepared it’s crazy..!

Attachments

• 0CE9C16F-3A42-488E-BDA2-945BEA155E5A.jpeg
    0CE9C16F-3A42-488E-BDA2-945BEA155E5A.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: M321 and Penguins
Are we expecting California delivery dates towards the end of March?

CA will likely be the final deliveries this quarter, based on what I’ve observed this quarter. I ordered my MSM/White LR AWD Model 3 on January 2 and have watched as many orders AFTER mine have been delivered this quarter. That, and comments by other posters here, led me to realize that Tesla builds its cars in batches, and delivers east to west, starting in Europe early in the quarter, then moving on to the eastern US and west. So, it’s only first come first served BY BATCH being delivered to a particular area. The first MSM/White versions I’ve observed here are now being delivered in FL and OH. I did see one buyer saying his MSM/White was being delivered in the SF area in the near future, but it wasn’t clear if that was a new build or an in stock vehicle. I wanted to wait for all the latest and greatest since I know Tesla quietly updates its cars with new features, like the heated steering wheel, so wasn’t interested in an older build. I’m fine waiting, as long as I get it sometime this quarter. Another three month delay, as some Performance customer orders are facing because of low volume, I guess, would be sad. My version is actually pretty common, so I’m being patient.