Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone used this Chrome extension? (Tesla VIN finder) I've heard that some people are able to see their VIN before they are actually shown on the main page.

No need to install that. Who knows what else it does. All you need to do is right click the manage order page and go to View Source. Then do a search on that page for "5YJ" which is the first 3 letters of Tesla VINs.

Anyone figure out the key to getting good service from Tesla? I feel like I've been getting pushed around for the past 3 years and they somehow keep finding new lows for themselves. Before the Tesla apologists jump in to defend them, I don't care what you have to say, PA's service is far lower than any other part of the country. I pre-ordered on day 1, live about 90 minutes from the closest service/delivery center and could honestly write a book with all the issues I've put up with to own a Tesla. The constant disrespect and condescending attitude I received finally pushed me to final a lemon case on my first car. They left me to get my own replacement car and actively worked to sabotage my efforts, but I had the upper hand since I could have forced their under the table buy back (never buy a used Tesla!) to be on their record. I never let that car go back to Devon and used mobile again, unfortunately someone backed into it and the Tesla certified body shop that repaired it caused cosmetic damage to the entire car. Every effort to contact Tesla was ignored, I even contacted the body shop in Virginia multiple times to try and get a quote and heard nothing back. I ordered my third car in October and it was finally ready for delivery in December. I actively worked to prevent any chance of an issue with delivery, but they flat out lied to me about the car being inspected and ready to pick up, since when I got there it had not even been entered into their system yet. They then tried to push me out the door and pretend the bumpers weren't covered in deep scratches. From my previous car the I know there is no fix to that, replacing the body parts (needed for this) reduces the resale value of the car, and trying to buff out the scratches is what led to the car being totaled. I was certainly not going to accept a damaged car. They were then able to magically have a car ready every other day, likely from someone else's reject, but couldn't get my loan returned so I was paying interest on it and unable to finance another VIN.

Now I'm getting ready for my replacement car to be delivered. My SA doesn't answer anything, I get the automated messages including one claiming to be checking in to see if I had any questions, but none of my messages are ever answered. To talk to anyone in Devon seems to involve calling their number and getting a message that someone will call back when available. Waiting for that call which is someone in a call center with no idea what's going on in Devon or how things are handled in PA, but they can message Devon to call. Then waiting for them to finally read that message and give me a call. It's an absurd set of hoops to jump through to get any answers. My car is supposed to arrive on Thursday March 11th. I received a notice to schedule a delivery appointment with the option of Saturday the 13th or Monday the 15th. In December I was advised to take a Monday-Friday appointment since no one is around on Saturday to even inspect any concerns with the car. I wanted to confirm that was still the case since I have to take off work to do a Monday delivery. By the time they got back to me the apparent 12 hours I had to make a choice ended and they auto assigned the first appointment on Saturday. I informed them that I would be paying cash instead of a mix of 2/3 cash and 1/3 loan since the constant new loans were dinging my credit score to much. When they confirmed that no one would be around to review any issues found on a Saturday I requested they move my appointment to Monday. They claimed that it wasn't allowed, all cars have to be picked up the same week they are delivered so I can only pick it up Saturday, no other options are allowed if I can't do that day. If there are any issues I have to reject the car or accept them and hope Tesla fixes them right (unlikely based on my experience). How is that acceptable, especially given the history. I've had four deliver appointments and 2 of those times I had to drive away without a car because they did not have their act together. How do they not see a 50% delivery failure rate as a problem? The number of hoops you have to jump through to kiss Tesla's feet is pathetic. What other company gets away with treating its customers so poorly and through everything I can never get to anyone higher. It's like there is a wall between Devon and the rest of Tesla and only Devon can speak with customers, no one else is allowed. Does anyone know how to get to anyone else to speak with? I honestly looked at other locations, but crossing state lines seems to be more difficult so the only other option is Pittsburgh which is too far away. If it wasn't for AP/FSD I wouldn't even be considering another Tesla because they are a terrible company, but the AP/FSD functionality enables me to get so much more out of my vehicle by reducing my anxiety when driving. The craziest thing is that my previous cars were Ford Focus leases (anyone that follows Ford knows they are plagued with transmission issues) and they did so much to make up for their short comings. They even did more to help me get into a Tesla than Tesla has ever done by extending my lease monthly (even through in an extra week for free at the end) until Tesla was able to get my first car delivered. After everything I've experienced in the last 3 years and the responses I've seen from Devon on handling things I'm genuinely even concerned about picking a car up there at all. My last car was totaled because of trying to correct scratches, who knows what Devon may try to cover up that will come back later as a major problem.

Ordered LR white/white last night. Current estimated delivery is March 11-31. Quick question, I applied finance through Tesla. Do I have to confirm it the rate and terms soon or can I leave it unconfirm for a couple of days? Thanks
ive heard of people having their deliveries delayed because financing wasn't confirmed so i did mine right away just to be safe.

Reactions: Twags
Any reason you want to delay? If you find better financing else where, you can always email Tesla to have them match.

I was looking at terms and rate. Got 2.24% with Chase for 72 months but would have to put more upfront so I asked if they change the total finance to 100%, which then raised my rate. I just emailed them around 6pm today to revert back to 2.24% and would then confirm the finance.

Hey DMPicone, I get it. No person or company is immune from bad experiences and yours sounds truly unacceptable. I truly hope you get a happy resolution. That being said I think you're probably in the wrong thread to air those grievances. Most folks here have first hand experience with communication flakiness, but we are focused on cutting through that smoke screen to get to the bottom of when our deliveries will happen. On that front, it sounds like you're on the right track.

Personally I'm a Bay Area order MSM all black and have bounced between Mar 8-28 and now Mar 9-29 in the last 48 hours. Initial order was Feb 4 with 4-8 week estimate, so just adding to the data that March delivery looks on track!

Anyone figure out the key to getting good service from Tesla? I feel like I've been getting pushed around for the past 3 years and they somehow keep finding new lows for themselves. Before the Tesla apologists jump in to defend them, I don't care what you have to say, PA's service is far lower than any other part of the country. I pre-ordered on day 1, live about 90 minutes from the closest service/delivery center and could honestly write a book with all the issues I've put up with to own a Tesla. The constant disrespect and condescending attitude I received finally pushed me to final a lemon case on my first car. They left me to get my own replacement car and actively worked to sabotage my efforts, but I had the upper hand since I could have forced their under the table buy back (never buy a used Tesla!) to be on their record. I never let that car go back to Devon and used mobile again, unfortunately someone backed into it and the Tesla certified body shop that repaired it caused cosmetic damage to the entire car. Every effort to contact Tesla was ignored, I even contacted the body shop in Virginia multiple times to try and get a quote and heard nothing back. I ordered my third car in October and it was finally ready for delivery in December. I actively worked to prevent any chance of an issue with delivery, but they flat out lied to me about the car being inspected and ready to pick up, since when I got there it had not even been entered into their system yet. They then tried to push me out the door and pretend the bumpers weren't covered in deep scratches. From my previous car the I know there is no fix to that, replacing the body parts (needed for this) reduces the resale value of the car, and trying to buff out the scratches is what led to the car being totaled. I was certainly not going to accept a damaged car. They were then able to magically have a car ready every other day, likely from someone else's reject, but couldn't get my loan returned so I was paying interest on it and unable to finance another VIN.

Now I'm getting ready for my replacement car to be delivered. My SA doesn't answer anything, I get the automated messages including one claiming to be checking in to see if I had any questions, but none of my messages are ever answered. To talk to anyone in Devon seems to involve calling their number and getting a message that someone will call back when available. Waiting for that call which is someone in a call center with no idea what's going on in Devon or how things are handled in PA, but they can message Devon to call. Then waiting for them to finally read that message and give me a call. It's an absurd set of hoops to jump through to get any answers. My car is supposed to arrive on Thursday March 11th. I received a notice to schedule a delivery appointment with the option of Saturday the 13th or Monday the 15th. In December I was advised to take a Monday-Friday appointment since no one is around on Saturday to even inspect any concerns with the car. I wanted to confirm that was still the case since I have to take off work to do a Monday delivery. By the time they got back to me the apparent 12 hours I had to make a choice ended and they auto assigned the first appointment on Saturday. I informed them that I would be paying cash instead of a mix of 2/3 cash and 1/3 loan since the constant new loans were dinging my credit score to much. When they confirmed that no one would be around to review any issues found on a Saturday I requested they move my appointment to Monday. They claimed that it wasn't allowed, all cars have to be picked up the same week they are delivered so I can only pick it up Saturday, no other options are allowed if I can't do that day. If there are any issues I have to reject the car or accept them and hope Tesla fixes them right (unlikely based on my experience). How is that acceptable, especially given the history. I've had four deliver appointments and 2 of those times I had to drive away without a car because they did not have their act together. How do they not see a 50% delivery failure rate as a problem? The number of hoops you have to jump through to kiss Tesla's feet is pathetic. What other company gets away with treating its customers so poorly and through everything I can never get to anyone higher. It's like there is a wall between Devon and the rest of Tesla and only Devon can speak with customers, no one else is allowed. Does anyone know how to get to anyone else to speak with? I honestly looked at other locations, but crossing state lines seems to be more difficult so the only other option is Pittsburgh which is too far away. If it wasn't for AP/FSD I wouldn't even be considering another Tesla because they are a terrible company, but the AP/FSD functionality enables me to get so much more out of my vehicle by reducing my anxiety when driving. The craziest thing is that my previous cars were Ford Focus leases (anyone that follows Ford knows they are plagued with transmission issues) and they did so much to make up for their short comings. They even did more to help me get into a Tesla than Tesla has ever done by extending my lease monthly (even through in an extra week for free at the end) until Tesla was able to get my first car delivered. After everything I've experienced in the last 3 years and the responses I've seen from Devon on handling things I'm genuinely even concerned about picking a car up there at all. My last car was totaled because of trying to correct scratches, who knows what Devon may try to cover up that will come back later as a major problem.

wow, sorry you have had a terrible experience. i picked my car up from the Devon SC on monday and other than waiting for about an hour because they were busy i didnt have any issues. I did a test drive at the tesla store in KOP last fall and got the contact info from the SA who helped me, i reached out to him with any questions during the ordering/delivery process and he was very responsive. it may be worth scheduling a test drive just to try to get someone's contact info, but it also sounds like you are about to take delivery so it may not be much help at this point. good luck.

I had a window of March 18-26 and called yesterday and decided I want to add my car as a trade in and they opened up the trade in part of the account. Does anyone know if that will delay my order?

i doubt that it will hold up your order, however i also doubt that you will want to go with Tesla for the trade in (unless you are trading in a Tesla). Tesla give really low ball offers for trades.