Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Left tail light was not flush. It wasn't terrible but it would have bothered me. I'm OCD like that.
I get it, I'm not going to take a micrometer with me or a checklist but I do have some expectations about what I want to see and what I don't. Did you check under the rear seatbelts on your back seats? There is a history of dye transfer there that's one of the things I am on the lookout for. I'm going to be doing a hitch install so I'm not worried about trunk or tail lights because I can fix that when I'm doing the install.

Thanks! i heard that the heated steering wheels were on 902xxx so i got worried and called my delivery center and my SA picked up and confirmed that the car was built a few days ago and has the heated steering wheel.

I don't think the VINs are as sequential as people believe - i think they start a batch with sequence of VINs based on color/trim. Then, by the time the rest of the components are added in, its completely out of order.

I got a 903xx vin on a LR MSM White last week when most ppl with other colors were getting 918xxx.

• Informative
Reactions: shaiyazv
White/black ordered 2/7 from SA at a local showroom; Portland, Oregon. Dates have been everything from a "dash" to "4-8 weeks from order" to "Mar. 10th-27th." Since last weekend we were showing "March 15th-31st" however today its changed to "Mar. 14-30th." No VIN yet.

I get it, I'm not going to take a micrometer with me or a checklist but I do have some expectations about what I want to see and what I don't. Did you check under the rear seatbelts on your back seats? There is a history of dye transfer there that's one of the things I am on the lookout for. I'm going to be doing a hitch install so I'm not worried about trunk or tail lights because I can fix that when I'm doing the install.

Are you doing the full rear window for tint or just the sides? My local shop gave me a quote if i wanted the full real window or just up to the antenna. I think i should do full real but i have no idea.

Window Tint: Llumar FormulaOne Pinnacle

Full Cabin (includes all sides, full rear glass, and windscreen) - $1399
Full Cabin (including all sides, windscreen, and ½ rear cut at antennae line) - $899

I don't think the VINs are as sequential as people believe - i think they start a batch with sequence of VINs based on color/trim. Then, by the time the rest of the components are added in, its completely out of order.

I got a 903xx vin on a LR MSM White last week when most ppl with other colors were getting 918xxx.
Agreed, we're only a day apart and in the same region yet there's a 14k digit difference between us. We know there's no way they built 14k cars that fast so unless they have a hidden underground bunker capable of holding 14k cars there is some sorting going on that we don't know or understand.

Are you doing the full rear window for tint or just the sides? My local shop gave me a quote if i wanted the full real window or just up to the antenna. I think i should do full real but i have no idea.

Window Tint: Llumar FormulaOne Pinnacle
Full Cabin (includes all sides, full rear glass, and windscreen) - $1399
Full Cabin (including all sides, windscreen, and ½ rear cut at antennae line) - $899
For the moment I'm holding off on tint. I wear prescription sunglasses and I kind of want to see how the white interior pops in the sunlight first. None of my cabin quotes were below $650 and none of them included the windshield that was quoted separately as high as $350. $13-1500 on 4 quotes for the rear glass

I didn't check under the seat belts. The car is getting window tint now, I get it back in the morning. I will check it though.

For the moment I'm holding off on tint. I wear prescription sunglasses and I kind of want to see how the white interior pops in the sunlight first. None of my cabin quotes were below $650 and none of them included the windshield that was quoted separately as high as $350. $13-1500 on 4 quotes for the rear glass

Ahh makes sense. i am so unsure and dont really want to waste 2k and have it be too light.

My tint question especially applies to you!!! What are you getting done? I want pics when its done!!
I'm getting Xpel Ceramic Window Film 30% from a shop in Cincy called Eclipse Window Tinting. They have an excellent reputation and do a lot of Teslas. They also do the back window in one piece. Some shops don't. I made the appointment as soon as I got a delivery date and drove straight there. Man was it hard leaving that car!

I will post pics tomorrow.

I'm getting Xpel Ceramic Window Film 30% from a shop in Cincy called Eclipse Window Tinting. They have an excellent reputation and do a lot of Teslas. They also do the back window in one piece. Some shops don't. I made the appointment as soon as I got a delivery date and drove straight there. Man was it hard leaving that car!

I will post pics tomorrow.
That's perfect - I am thinking of getting 35% all around and then 80% on the front windshield. I would do 15% but that just seems SO dark and i don't want to lose the fun of having white seats (the beautiful look in the sunlight)