Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to say that even though this is irritating i am glad they are being more proactive on preventing defects from getting to owners. It would be even better if they fixed these issues upstream. Or are these defects from poor transport?
My M3P was also delayed by the SC QC process, in my case, a wheel was damaged in transport. Wheel was to be delivered today, and I was told to expect delivery tomorrow/Saturday. Very appreciative they did that, much better than having to deal with a service appoinment down the line, although the wait sucks.

Tim

Reactions: CaboJoe
Just a quick update... I was supposed to pick up my car this morning, but they called me last minute saying that there was a “paint abrasion” and delivery had to be pushed back until Monday....definitely feeling a bit irritated
That happened to me too, except they had to send it to the body shop twice because the first time they brought it back they did a bad job fixing it. So I'm finally picking it up tomorrow after 4 scheduled deliveries.

That happened to me too, except they had to send it to the body shop twice because the first time they brought it back they did a bad job fixing it. So I'm finally picking it up tomorrow after 4 scheduled deliveries.
lol yeah i'm sure thats what my future holds for me, and im not holding my breath for a pick up on Monday. if they don't hurry up ill end up buying a few rolexes instead with the down payment...

Last edited:
Well a factory fire isn't great news for those still waiting for end of month VINs :( I do hope everyone is safe!
I think the article mentions this might affect model Y’s, i think we should be fine. Also, most likely all of our cars are pretty much made already, they just need to finish matching everyone in the east coast, and we will be next. I got a feeling all west coast will get Vins this weekend 🤞

It's true that the M3 production in Fremont isn't using the press. This will certainly impact MY production on the longer term and hopefully the M3 line won't see much more than a mild disruption. I'm sure an event like this shuts down the whole facility at least for a time.