Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm anxiously awaiting my VIN. I ordered 12/17 and had to hold off completing order with financing until I received my California clean vehicle grant which finally got approved on 3/12. EDD was showing as 3/20-3/31 then disappeared since yesterday SA said 3/31 was showing on her end. Hope we all see VINs appear soon!

What happened to some of the 9xx... vin's? I thought those were supposed to be indicators for heated steering wheels in model 3's? Does 5YJ mean anything?
The 9 is the first of the last 6 digits. Folks on here are providing the last 6 as the rest of the digits are the same. I would guess that once we blow past 999999 then the vins will start to include alpha characters in those last 6. One has to wonder if Tesla will do anything for Model 3 #1,000,000

This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know if Tesla staff is careful with taking care of the paint while washing the car as part of delivery prep? Like avoiding putting swirl marks on the car right off the truck? I’m just starting my new-car journey so I don’t know what’s typical with dealership/SC staff.

Back to waiting on a VIN..

This is truly a love/hate relationship.
🙂

Just refused a LR M3 black/white after stopping by to inspect it unknown to the service center. This after several delays over the last week waiting for replacement glass they identified an issue with upon arrival at the SC. When I went inside to discuss what was ongoing, I was informed our pickup wasn't tonight at 6 but had been moved to next Monday, this pickup change was done with no communication to us.. Who does this? lol
The drivers side of the car is a mess, especially the drivers door alignment, the frunk needs a little adjustment, and the trunk has an alignment issue on the passenger side where it meets the roof line and back glass. We were told any adjustment to try to fix the trunk alignment on the passenger side would have a negative effect on the trunk alignment everywhere else.
Guess I will have to beg the Wife to drive her M3 we picked up on the 3rd while I wait for another VIN match and delivery.

Back to waiting on a VIN..

This is truly a love/hate relationship.
🙂

Just refused a LR M3 black/white after stopping by to inspect it unknown to the service center. This after several delays over the last week waiting for replacement glass they identified an issue with upon arrival at the SC. When I went inside to discuss what was ongoing, I was informed our pickup wasn't tonight at 6 but had been moved to next Monday, this pickup change was done with no communication to us.. Who does this? lol
The drivers side of the car is a mess, especially the drivers door alignment, the frunk needs a little adjustment, and the trunk has an alignment issue on the passenger side where it meets the roof line and back glass. We were told any adjustment to try to fix the trunk alignment on the passenger side would have a negative effect on the trunk alignment everywhere else.
Guess I will have to beg the Wife to drive her M3 we picked up on the 3rd while I wait for another VIN match and delivery.
Oh no.... I hope I don’t run into this tomorrow with my delivery. I wonder how common it is to see cases such as this

Took delivery of my MSM/White Model 3 today in Columbus, Ohio! Literally almost no issues that I could see - some very minor scuff marks on the interior door trim and the driver's side door is a bit tough to close (SA said to break in the seals a bit and see).

Pics to be added tomorrow but absolutely painless experience - was in and out in 20 min. Already drove 100 miles just to drive it and its been like 3-4 hours lol. For anyone that is still debating, white interior is the only option.

Just got my text for delivery! It did say though that I have been scheduled for a Tesla direct delivery to my house. Which I do NOT want. So now trying to arrange picking it up at Dublin
Interesting, when I spoke to someone at the Sunnyvale SC today they told me that once I get my VIN I almost certainly won't be offered home delivery (even though that is what's listed on my order page so far during the wait). He wasn't even interested in looking up my order since I didn't have a VIN yet but said to call back when I do and he could take a look.

Took delivery of my MSM/White Model 3 today in Columbus, Ohio! Literally almost no issues that I could see - some very minor scuff marks on the interior door trim and the driver's side door is a bit tough to close (SA said to break in the seals a bit and see).

Pics to be added tomorrow but absolutely painless experience - was in and out in 20 min. Already drove 100 miles just to drive it and its been like 3-4 hours lol. For anyone that is still debating, white interior is the only option.

That's awesome to hear man, I'm super happy for you! Ugh, tomorrow morning is so close!