Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like Tesla is just randomly assigning VINs. They’re not prioritizing who ordered first.
Tesla builds car in batches by configuration. That's pretty clear by watching what cars are delivered when and where. That suggests that they queue up batches in their lot after production to load on trucks/trains for shipment to destination. I ordered on Jan 2. Delivery is scheduled for next Monday. VIN is 926xxx here in CA. This approach means some cars with different VIN series get batched together until they have an appropriate volume for shipment.

Reactions: SeaM3White2021
On the spreadsheet it looks like most of the west coast are still waiting for cars. How likely is it that Tesla will pump out that many cars in the next week and a half? We on the forums are a small fraction of orders they probably have.
That's the billion dollar question. If I am pushed out to June I will seriously consider cancelling my order

Reactions: sospechoso14
absolutely 100% here as well. my wife and I have been sharing a vehicle since 1/27/21 due to an accident where our other car was totaled by insurance. There is no universe (other than maybe tesla giving us the car for free) where I would wait another 2-3 months.
Problem for me is that I already installed the wall charger. Would probably just leave it there and get the tax credit at the end of this year. No other EVs really interest me outside of Tesla. Would be back to ICE car research.

I'm sitting at the same delivery date range as you but ordered almost a month later (1/25). Crazy that Tesla is going to be able to churn out a month's worth of Washington state orders to deliver by end of quarter.

At least, that's what I'm hoping they can do because otherwise I'm definitely getting pushed into next quarter since I'm so far behind you in line lol.
I am amazed that a car that is not even built yet, will probably be built next week and I will be hopefully be driving it the following week.

Reached out to my SA to get an update after I got my VIN yesterday. He said the vehicle was just built yesterday, should be shipping shortly, and the earliest arrival date is expected to be 3/27. Still waiting on my delivery text to actually schedule delivery, but at least I know it'll be another week at a minimum, but still very likely to be before prior to months end. The waiting game is no fun, but I do love seeing progress!

He responded back and went ahead and scheduled an appointment for Saturday 3/27 in the afternoon! Shortly after I got the automated delivery text saying the car is on the way and to schedule my appointment. When I go back into my account, it already had the 27th scheduled, which is fine. If it shows up earlier and they contact me asking to pick up sooner, of course I'll accept, but at least I have a date planned and it's only a week away!

Reactions: mb123
He responded back and went ahead and scheduled an appointment for Saturday 3/27 in the afternoon! Shortly after I got the automated delivery text saying the car is on the way and to schedule my appointment. When I go back into my account, it already had the 27th scheduled, which is fine. If it shows up earlier and they contact me asking to pick up sooner, of course I'll accept, but at least I have a date planned and it's only a week away!
Which city? Mine is arriving either Tuesday or Wednesday, bet we are on the same truck. Got my appointment moved from Saturday to Thursday since it's coming in early.

PXL_20210319_182742200.jpg

Delivery was painless, my car was perfect. No issues. I already bought acceleration boost. This car is Serotonin on demand masquerading as an accelerator pedal.

Which city? Mine is arriving either Tuesday or Wednesday, bet we are on the same truck. Got my appointment moved from Saturday to Thursday since it's coming in early.
Columbus. I'll of course be hoping my appointment gets moved up earlier, but a few more days is fine. As it tends to go with these things, the anticipation is a killer, but once we have them in our possessions a few days, we'll forget all about the agony of waiting.