Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct. It's 100% sure you do NOT get the rebate if you get your car before July 1st.

The bill was introduced in 2019. It's a 330M investment of 33M per year over 10 years. What happened in Feb was the "cancellation" of 2021 budget year program due to running out of funds and picking where to draw the line (from Jan 17th 2020 to dec 15th 2020 rather than the budget years of July 1st to June 30th).

The only things we know for sure about 2021 rebate is that a) it will not start before July 1st and b) that it's a POS rebate (so applied by the dealership). I personally took the chance that ordering before would make me still eligeable if I only get delivered after July 1st. There is a thread in the Model Y forum with more details.
Thank you

Reactions: sroy
Dates have been all over this quarter! Last quarter (before I put my order on hold), my window started as March 15-31, and then got narrower and narrower within that range before I was matched ~March 27 (which is when I unfortunately had to put it on hold).

This quarter, I saw May 9-29, then applied for financing and it jumped to June 1-30, and is now at May 10-30. Not sure what to expect now..
Yeah, I have no idea what to expect either. It does not seem to make any sense. My dates have been changing daily. Sometimes in month-long increments. It has been becoming a habit for me to check it multiple times a day to see what the new date is.

Too many people getting VINs for the standard Tesla model of delivery (from previous quarters) to not be changing this quarter. Everyone before us said, no way you'll get your vehicles in May, it'll be June. Now the question is, how quickly will the non-east coast people start to see VINs.
I saw a VIN reported for a WI buyer today

1618965390100.png

Estimated delivery time changed second time today. Went from May 6 - May 13 to June 01 - June 21. I ordered 04/01 M3 LR AWD Midnight Silver Metallic, black and white interior, 18” aero, non-FSD.
The estimated delivery timeframe seems to make no sense at all. Changes by weeks or months on a near-daily basis with no logical basis.

I saw a VIN reported for a WI buyer today

View attachment 655558
Yup, got it today.
I have been keeping track of date changes since the order:

Order Date: Mar 20
Estimated Delivery: 2 - 11 weeks from order
Estimated Delivery: May 22 - June 11
Estimated Delivery: May 21 - June 10
Estimated Delivery: 1 - 13 weeks from order
Estimated Delivery: May 04 - May 11
Estimated Delivery: May 01 - May 7
Estimated Delivery: April 29 - May 05

So, it looks pretty all over the place.

I have not heard from anyone so, I would assume everything is still up in the air.

Reactions: Hacknslic3
I am so happy that people write of their actual experience with the order to delivery process, but the heresay and guesses don’t do any of us any good. Example: If you order April 1st, you won‘t see a car until end of June (wrong), I ordered April 1st, white, LR-AWD, black interior, 18” wheels, non-FSD. Tesla delivers to the west coast and then moves east (Wrong again), I live in the NYC area, car looks like it is coming 1st week of May.

I am so happy that people write of their actual experience with the order to delivery process, but the heresay and guesses don’t do any of us any good. Example: If you order April 1st, you won‘t see a car until end of June (wrong), I ordered April 1st, white, LR-AWD, black interior, 18” wheels, non-FSD. Tesla delivers to the west coast and then moves east (Wrong again), I live in the NYC area, car looks like it is coming 1st week of May.
Believe you mean deliveries typically go from east to west.... which is true.
Maybe you will get your car early in May, or maybe you won't... take the estimate on your account with a grain of salt. :)

Reactions: J_Nixon
Believe you mean deliveries typically go from east to west.... which is true.
Maybe you will get your car early in May, or maybe you won't... take the estimate on your account with a grain of salt. :)
No, I did mean west to east because the BS was stated by some that the reason people on the east coast get deliveries at the end of the quarter is because Tesla delivers west to east. I call this nonsense. I will certainly stand corrected if someone can point me to a Tesla statement showing west to east or east to west being true. I have to believe that Tesla delivers cars all over the US during the quarter. As far as my delivery, I would agree, seeing is believing, but I am hopeful. My wife is especially hopeful so I can stop using her car!

Reactions: EVxdream
No, I did mean west to east because the BS was stated by some that the reason people on the east coast get deliveries at the end of the quarter is because Tesla delivers west to east. I call this nonsense. I will certainly stand corrected if someone can point me to a Tesla statement showing west to east or east to west being true. I have to believe that Tesla delivers cars all over the US during the quarter. As far as my delivery, I would agree, seeing is believing, but I am hopeful. My wife is especially hopeful so I can stop using her car!
Maybe you saw a one off post or two.... here is what I have read and observed over the last 6 months.
Deliveries typically start on the east coast and work west. It seems like the bulk of deliveries start on the east coast around 30-40 days before the end of the quarter, and the bulk of deliveries on the west coast occur the last week of the quarter. With that said, there are exceptions.
One recent change is Shanghai providing right hand drive M3's that Freemont doesn't have to produce for overseas, there may be adjustments due to that.

Reactions: J_Nixon
from ontario too ! cant wait to be an owner :) my date had been steady for weeks now. cant wait. may 26-june15.
and man, that 75% cheaper quote, what i would do to get something similar to that deal hahahahaha i'm still planning on how to go about doing mine.

Congratulations on your purchase! What colour did you go with? I feel like the Tesla community is so welcoming and close. Looking forward to meeting some of you on the road this summer!

Reactions: EVxdream
Ordered on April 15. LR AWD Blue with black interior and standard 18" wheels. Now I have a VIN and delivery window is April 30 - May 6. No idea how it is so soon lol.
Congrats.. You should ask your SA for the birthday of your car.. see if it's something from before Apr 10 or after.. maybe someone cancelled and you are getting theirs. I ordered a LR AWD Blue with Black interior and 18" wheels too.. back in march. .but my date is still may 24-June 13.. Yours may be local stock and maybe something before they changed the doors. :)