Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess I'll add to the pain here!

Ordered date: 4/23 for NC area
Car: blue LR with everything else standard
Delivery date: may 31st to june 18th ---> 7 - 10 weeks 😞

Hoping for the best!
I ordered the exact same car on the exact same day lol . We might of even saw each other if you were at the Raleigh center 😂. Mine had the same date as yours for like a week and just yesterday it changed to 7-10 weeks . My SA told me they are coming fast and to expect vin in 2-3 weeks.

I got a reply from my sa and he said what others have said, many got pushed back because of the chip shortage. I don't mind a mid-June to late June delivery opposed to being really pushed back.
Not gonna lie—either your SA was just shooting off the cuff, or he doesn’t really like his job. Tesla’s very very public stance is that they weren’t affected by the chip shortage. I have a feeling either 1) the SA was just spreading rumor, 2)the SA is being very honest with inside info. If #2….that SA probably isn’t going to be around much longer.

Reactions: Jaredspink
Ordered white with black interior & aero wheels on 4/16. Watched the est. date go from 5/21-6/7, then 5/28-6/10, and today it jumped to 6/13-6/30. I currently don't have a car at all, was hoping it would be the end of May... but seriously can't find anything else I could live with compared to the M3 (even test drove a VW ID.4 for the weekend). Fingers crossed it doesn't get bumped again, otherwise it may be time to give up.

Reactions: travis3000
I ordered the exact same car on the exact same day lol . We might of even saw each other if you were at the Raleigh center 😂. Mine had the same date as yours for like a week and just yesterday it changed to 7-10 weeks . My SA told me they are coming fast and to expect vin in 2-3 weeks.
I actually test drove at southpoint mall and mulled over it before ordering online! I havent been to the raleigh center once. I'm going to bet we are gonna get the same delivery day!